Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone know...?

Sue RN

Who is Sandy R? I keep seeing her posts all over the OH Forums as a band educator and a nurse, but I am wondering who exactly she is.:thumbup:

All this talk made me curious. I did a search for Sandy R, and although it's a registered screen name, there are no matching posts.

She was a controversial member of Obesity Help who was discussed at great length here at one time.

Let me respond this one last time. I came over here because I was interested in reading other lap band forums. I have not been banded yet and I am appealing a denial I got from BC/BS (ObesityLaw is handling my appeal) to put a lap band over an old gastric stapling from 1982. I am relatively new to ANY forums and when I found this one I decided to post. Well, I apparently posted on the WRONG forum not really having any experience with ANY rants forum, and thus the rest is history. I was NOT trying to "start" anything, nor was I looking for trouble...I merely posted on the wrong forum innocently. I can tell you though, that I did feel attacked, but that is what it felt like, not necessarily what the other poster intended. I can see now why it sounded like I was trying to cause trouble, but like I said before, I just went to the wrong forum. I am truly not a contentious person. Like one other poster said, many people post on several different web sites, so I thought that perhaps someone over here might have been familiar with this person who says she is some kind of "band educator" and I just thought someone here may know something about her expertise.

That is the long and short of it. I just would like to say that there is certainly nothing wrong with questioning someone about why they are posting whatever it is they are posting, but assuming they have an agenda before you have evidence of that does them a tremendous disservice.

Thank you.

.That is the long and short of it. I just would like to say that there is certainly nothing wrong with questioning someone about why they are posting whatever it is they are posting, but assuming they have an agenda before you have evidence of that does them a tremendous disservice.

Thank you.

i didn't assume you had an agenda of any kind - honestly, i had been on OH for a wk and found it to be a vile place & one i wouldn't return to.

i personally thought if you wanted OH info on a member, one i never heard of here (but i'm only on here a yr) - take it there. no harm / no foul. i will say LBT has some remarkable people here - some who've posted on this thread - good luck on your appeal

Sue, please allow me to welcome you to LBT, and apologize if the comments I made upset you. As green pointed out, this person has been discussed at length before, and anyone here that remembers those discussions will readily agree, they began with a question EXACTLY like you ask.....so yes the bitter taste remained in my mouth, and sad to say, were someone to come on and ask the same question again, it would again be the first thing to come to mind. The arguements were ugly and unnecessary, and I was hating the thought that they might be starting again.

Please look around and read up on our great site, you will find more trusting souls outside of R&R I would bet!

Good luck in your appeal, and please do not let my suspicious nature deter you from the site, it is full of wonderful information and support.

Kat

Thank you Kat and others! I'm so sorry that I caused any angst, even innocently. I guess there are some nice people over here! Thanks again...no hard feelings!

Ahh! I love it when we all get along!

Feels like home-away-from-home.

:cool2::thumbup:;):thumbup::laugh:

Good luck, Sue, with your banding/learning.

I love it when an honest misunderstanding gets resolved. Good luck Sue, and I hope your appeal goes through!! Let us know how it goes, we really care.

Thanks so much...I'll keep you posted! I am hoping and praying that I get approved because my weight is skyrocketing and I feel like a train out of control...this is a very scary place to be because I really feel like a time bomb.

Sue, please allow me to welcome you to LBT, and apologize if the comments I made upset you. As green pointed out, this person has been discussed at length before, and anyone here that remembers those discussions will readily agree, they began with a question EXACTLY like you ask.....so yes the bitter taste remained in my mouth, and sad to say, were someone to come on and ask the same question again, it would again be the first thing to come to mind. The arguements were ugly and unnecessary, and I was hating the thought that they might be starting again.

Please look around and read up on our great site, you will find more trusting souls outside of R&R I would bet!

Good luck in your appeal, and please do not let my suspicious nature deter you from the site, it is full of wonderful information and support.

Kat

Kat...

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on that one. There was a lot on the thread I'm thinking of. There were many hard feelings by a great many people because of Sandy on OH. We could never discuss anything or talk it out because Amy Williams at OH was so heavy handed in her moderation that she deleted posts and banned members at a whim. Nobody knew why the other side was so upset and we could never tell the other side why we were angry, annoyed, whatever.

When it was brought over here we were permitted to finally tell what was going on, why we were upset, what we were frustrated over, etc. We also did some fighting, bickering and finally many of us are no longer angry with one another. A great many thought I was making up stories when I wrote that Sandy had her RN license revoked. I was never permitted to post public links showing the revocation on OH and Sandy continued lying about it. People were following her questionable advice based on her claims of being a nurse.

When we brought it over here I posted links and proved my case and the truth came out. We worked out many issues, I no longer think some of the OH oldtimers are assholes and buttwipes, they are kinda nice and I like them.

Amazingly, there was a great deal of healing on that thread over time.

Do you know that the Board of Nursing sent Sandy a cease and desist order last December telling her to refrain from claiming she is a nurse? Do you know that when she refused to refrain from claiming she is a nurse on the boards and her website they brought her before the board and fined her $2500 in April referring to her as a nurse imposter? As long as she makes these claims people are going to continue to question the information.

The reason this is a legit issue today is because there are a lot of newbies that thought Sandy was a paid employee of OH and a licensed RN. This was as of a couple of weeks ago. They thought she was in the same ranks as DrC. She isn't! But the way she signs off as a "band educator" and has her little disclaimer below her sig she does make newbies think she is working for OH. Her advice is sometimes good and sometimes it is pretty darn bad. She takes legit studies, alters them and posts them claiming they are posted as originally written when in fact, she changes them to support her wild claims.

If a newbie wants to come over here and get an idea of what is real and what isn't by someone they think is a trusted professional, I WANT them to do that. Making them feel like a troublemaker and unwelcome isn't acceptable however, I realize you probably don't know what brought this one on. The OP wasn't trying to do anything wrong, she's a potential banded newbie that is looking for balance and she didn't really get that.

This is what prompted the Sandy saga again, Sandy was posing as a newbie banded person and slamming people she doesn't like, pushing her CDs, and supporting her own bizarre opinions by using these fake IDs. She forgot which account she was posting on and while using one of her fake accounts she posted as Sandy (IOW, BUSTED!):

Please LISTEN to your DOCTORS FIRST AND FOREMOST...

The very first post is a copy/paste of her post where she was writing as Sandy but under her fake ID. She was posting as "elizabeth" but writing as

Sandy.

I believe it is this thread where some newbies are shocked, they thought Sandy was an OH employee:

Forum Login

I believe this is why newbies are questioning what is going on with Sandy and I am glad they are asking questions. I hope they continue to do so.