Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting to feel better everyday, But.......

:rolleyes2: I guess it's normal to feel sad, I mean isn't? I find myself just wanting to sit and watch TV and the funny thing is I'm not even enjoying it.

Wed. I have to drive to Great Falls, Mt. to have my stitches taken out, maybe it will be good to get out, I just hope I can handle a hour and 1/2 drive.

I've noticed the last two day's I'm hungry and everything I eat doesn't taste good, nothing. I hope this changes soon. Hugs Bobbie:confused:

Does your doc's office have a therapist you can see? I don't know if feeling sad is "normal" necessarily but I'm pretty sure it happens, especially if people aren't truly ready or are grieving the loss of their old lifestyle! If that's so, a therapist can help you talk through it and make sure it doesn't just deepen. You MAY be a little blue, too, if you are still on liquids; hunger can do odd things to people.

Whichever the case, you aren't alone; the band is a big step and we all have to learn to deal with the "new" ways we have to eat and so on! Hopefully someone who has been blue or down and gotten over it can post and help give you tips to get past it, too. But until then, I'm sorry you're feeling down. Getting out and about will probably help perk you up a little!

AND....be nice to yourself, ok? It's a big step. A positive one, but a big one. You just had major surgery even if it was laparoscopic. If you want to lie around for a bit, you do that!

hormones are stored in your fat cells and as you start to loose weight, the hormones are released and affect your emotions... so as long as you know this.. you can combat it... that is why we older women do not immediately lose all skin tone etc... it is stored in y our fat cells.

:sad: I guess it's normal to feel sad, I mean isn't? I find myself just wanting to sit and watch TV and the funny thing is I'm not even enjoying it.

Wed. I have to drive to Great Falls, Mt. to have my stitches taken out, maybe it will be good to get out, I just hope I can handle a hour and 1/2 drive.

I've noticed the last two day's I'm hungry and everything I eat doesn't taste good, nothing. I hope this changes soon. Hugs Bobbie:confused:

Hello there! I used to live in Missoula and my father-in-law lives in Helena.:girl_hug: Dr.Swannack was supposed to do my surgery in March but its a long story. Anyway, I will be banded on the 29th here in Colorado. I went grocery shopping for my post-op diet and when I looked in the shopping cart I found myself extremely sad. :sad:So I think a bit of sadness is somewhat "normal". I also believe the mind is a powerful thing and we have to change our thinking habits and picture ourselves being much healthier and happier.:rolleyes2:

Will you be driving yourself to your Dr. appt. or can someone take you? If someone can take you, I would suggest taking your pain meds, if you have any left. I'm sure once you are out and about though you will find yourself feeling much better. :girl_hug: Best of luck!

As serene and calm as I was about my decision to be banded I was sad for a while post-op. But I was also sad in the past when I was trying other diets and realized I could no longer use food for comfort. Give yourself some time to "even out" and talk, talk, talk to your friends and loved ones. And of course this site is always open!

Guene, I have felt sad part of the time since my 8-21 banding. partly because I wasn't prepared to be so laid up from my surgery. I had to have a full incision and even though they told me it was a possibility, when I went into surgery I was still thinking that it would be laproscopic and I would be going home that day. Instead I woke up in a hospital room and spent 4 days there with an incision that came open and was stiched back up while I was awake and with not much of a local. It was an awful experience. I tried to keep up a good front for my family, but I was pretty down for a few days. I still get that way a month out because I'm still not back to my old self. I have pain and can't do any lifting. And some days I just get blue thinking about this whole thing.... mad at myself for letting things get to the point I need surgery inorder to stop killing myself with food... So, just hang in there. There is light at the end of the tunnel and many, many better days ahead. It took a while for us to get to this spot and it's going to take a while to get out of it. But at least this time we are going in the right direction. Thank God!!!! Take care......

Thanks guy's, I figure it's a number of things and it will pass, today is the first day I've wanted something to eat.

My Husband will be driving and yes I'm alittle worried about the drive, but maybe it will be nice for me to get out of here. Thanks and Hugs to you Bobbie

Bobbie....please tell your surgeon how down you are! I'm sure he's seen it before and can give you some help! Don't just suffer; life's too short! Be good to yourself.

I haven't had my surgery yet, 9/29 is my day, but i struggle with being sad about my eating habits. I like to eat. It's very social, and it's a big, no huge part of my life. I am sad to give that up. But I have to. I have to get healthier. I need to think about why I'm doing this. I want to be able to buy regular size clothes. I want to wear tank tops and not be embarrassed that my arms are as big as a linebackers legs, I want to be able to hike, snowboard, ski, etc with my husband and kids, I want to sleep without the CPAP machine, I want to feel better at work, and not worry about my big butt being in the way when a baby codes... (I'm a nicu nurse) All of these positives. Think about why you're doing this. And know that you'll get through it. Hang in there. But do talk to the dr about it too. Maybe he can give you something just to help through this adjustment period. Take Care!