Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kathy's (Best ME) Needle Biopsy:eek:

Whew! So glad you got it done. It reminded me sort of a staple gun. Please keep us posted w/results. You done good!

OUCH! My left boob hurts!! I took out the ice pack which was no longer cold and there was a small M&M sized spot of bright red blood on the paper wrapping the ice pack. So it's bleeding through the steristrips and the 4X4 gauze pad and onto the paper. ew. I haven't had a chance to get a good look at it, I just replaced the ice packs with cold ones but the soreness is really kicking in. When I get the kids in bed I'll mess with it and get a look.

My hubby isn't home. Get this...his sister-in-law called. Hubby's Mom lives with her and hubby's brother, she's 81, and they took her to the hospital. Stroke? Alzheimers? She fell and broke her big toe last week and has had a rough time of it. Then last night she woke up around 1am crying, frantic, worried...and didn't get better today. I saw her at lunch today and she was out of it. She was talking fine but very forgetful and "loopy", as in her own little world. I figured she had been taking some pain pills for the toe issue. In addition to the broken toe, she has both osteo- and rheumatiod (sp?) arthritis (is that right?) and she has MS. She uses a walker and is getting slower and slower as the months go by. This broken toe has been a huge distraction and her world now revolves around going to the bathroom every 2 hours to avoid wetting her pants (she wears Poise pads) and having regular bowel movements. I hate to see her declining, and I don't know what is going on yet with her at the hospital. I'm anxoius to find out.

When it rains it pours. <sigh>

Kathy,

sure hope you get restful sleep. Do you have anything for pain? Or just tylenol?

And so very sorry to hear of your MIL. Poor darling... at 81 all we can do is make them comfortable! She sure has alot of health problems :)

Kathy,

sure hope you get restful sleep. Do you have anything for pain? Or just tylenol?

Funny you should ask that, Paula! I just vomited it. I had some liquid Tylenol with Codiene in the Med cabinet. I checked the dosage and took 20ml which is about one and a half extra strength tylenol plus the appropriate amount of codeine...whatever that is. Within 15 min I felt a bit woozy, but was fine. The pain in my poor old boobie was better so I watched TV and had a cup of coffee waiting for hubby to get back from the hospital visiting his mom. I got up and unlocked the door when he got back, sat back down, felt nauseous, went to the sink and puked it all up! Well, just the coffee and whatever else, no food.

SO! I poured the rest of the med down the drain, I'll not take THAT again! Yuck! But I feel oh! so much better.

Going to bed. My mother-in-law had an MRI done tonight and we'll know the results in the morning. She's fine, but keeps forgetting she has a catheter in and gets up to go to the bathroom. She has an alarm on her bed in case she tries to get up. She could easily fall and break something else! Her short-term memory is terrible...anxoius for results.

No coffee for 2 days and liquids for 2 days. I had about 5 good heaves...not good. At least it was all liquid, but will take care of Fred the Band and go easy on him.

What a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you are feeling better today Kathy. When will you get the results???

Hope your MIL gets an answer as to what is affecting her.

Okay, so the results are Benign. Whew! I have to admit, it's just as I thought. But it's SOOOO nice to have a name. Fibroadenoma. What they said before. So I follow up in 6 months with another mammogram. As long as they don't grow, or get so big they are in the way, painful, or make my breasts distended (as if they aren't already from weight gain and nursing 2 children!) then they stay. It doesn't freak me out to have them there. If they leave me alone, I'll leave them alone. Plus the Doc said that fibroadenomas are not something that turn malignant. Is she right? So glad it's over!

I hope you all don't mind me saying this but it's been a HELL OF A WEEK!!! I am leaving shortly to meet my MIL at her new nursing home. SIGH. She's going in for rehab, and she doesn't yet realize it, but she's more than likely staying. I hate it. She simply cannot care for herself. We have showering and bathroom and walking without falling and breaking a hip issues, plus the short term memory loss and she needs pain medication for her little legs...MS AND Arthritis...what a mess. But we'll get her settled. I gotta put my smile on with my optimistic happy upbeat attitude and get her settled in. My brother-in-law and his wife (who she lives with...or, more properly written, with whom she lives! ha!) will be there too so it isn't just me. Anyhow, I'm just ready to crash. I could use an entire weekend away with hubby! OH! Wouldn't that be heaven?! Thanks for listening, those of you who have been able to tirelessly read this long post. For those of you with short attention spans, the bold type, quick info, good news is for you!! :D

That is great news Kathy, Iam very happy for you :D

I know this week has been hectice for you so I hope you get some well desreved R&R time this holiday weekend

Kathy I'm so glad you got good news. I still secding thoughts and prayers that your MIL will settle in and things will start getting better for your family!!

Thanks ladies. One more big errand with child care issues and the worst is over. I get my fill tomorrow. My Dad is coming over for a few hours until hubby gets home from work and I'm leaving at 1pm for a 3pm fill appointment. Then my hectic week and a half should end. As long as the fill goes okay! It will. My biggest concern is an overfill. I can handle anything but the small, smaller, smallest sips of my post-surgery. I'll do liquids for a WEEK if needed, as long as I can get them down! Dang, no wonder I waited 12 weeks for a fill, just thinking back makes me shudder!!

My poor boobies are healing well, still a little bruising but healing :(

We had a plan of care meeting about my MIL today and it went well. She is getting very professional care and is settling in well so far. She's not agitated or upset at all, but still isn't really sure about things. It's very "hospital" to her so she's getting taken care of and is fine with it. Whew!

Stressful days are behind me now, God willing, and my benign results are the icing on the cake. Thanks so much for your concerns and prayers!!!

That is great news Kathy, You can finally take a breath

I hope all goes well for your MIL at least there she will get constant care.

Now you need to pamper your self you have been through quite alot here as of late.

Oh Kathy, I am so happy to hear the good news! I know that a ton of bricks has been taken off your back! :(:):)

Now, treat yourself like a queen for the rest of the day and enjoy! :D