Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so freaking bummed!!!!

I thought I had given all information that my doctor could possibly need for surgery. I saw him yesterday and we discussed the realize band. I left his office excited and optimistic.

Today we are having to give more diet history and more support meeting history. I have moved, have a new doctor of two months and my old doctor lost her nurse practitioner to a move to another state. To get diet history from my old doctor seems bleak at best. To expect the new doctor of two months to be willing to send a letter of diet history may be a little unethical. At this point I just don't know what else to do. I asked my current primary doctor if she is willing but I am in a waiting pattern.

Why is it so freaking hard to try to get healthy? Two days of jumping through hoops... what a bummer.

Ok I vented, didn't help! Any ideas?

Laura

two days? dont stress...it took me 6 months of getting documented diet and health history. my insurance didnt want past records....they made me create new ones....lasting 6 months going to the dr once a month. that happens to alot of ppl... the 6 months...so gl...but dont be too upset after only 2 days, it'll get better.

Edited by loveangelpet
misspelling

I don't know why you'd have trouble getting your information from your old doctor just because his nurse practitioner left. All your information is going to be documented in your files. If you call and ask for your information, you can be sure your actual doctor isn't the one getting it all together - one of his staff will pull the records, write the letter, and the doc's involvement will be limited to his or her signature.

I am not so upset that this is going to take time. What upsets me is that I was going to have this done in Mesa and opted to wait and see a closer doctor once we knew we were moving. Three seminars later, three doctors later and a year and a half total and life circumstances not working in my favor. It is not a big deal, I will do what they want but it won't be easy and I was so ready. I was supposed to have surgery on Tuesday. You get phyced sp? up for that... It is all a paper chase, that is what is frustrating..

Laura

Your old doc should still have records generated from the NP regardless. It should all be in YOUR file. Call and get what you need from your old doc.

I feel for you, I am really frustrated right now too. I have just completed my 6 month medically supervised program with my Dr. and went to meet my surgeon, dietition, and financial advisor. I was told that the information from my Dr. was not explicit enough! The financial advisor then gives me a paper that explains everything that must be documented in order to be a candidate for lap band surgery. I was never given this paper until now. My Dr. and I talked about diet and exercise but, he didn't document it as much as he documented the problems I was having with high blood pressure brought on by my obesity and high cholesterol. I am frustrated, the Dr. doesn't see how he can go back and have the dictations changed and add in the diet and exercise. He is going to call the financial advisor tomorrow and see what can be done if anything. He said we may have to start all over again and do another 6 month program. :)

It makes me want to give up and just not have lap band. I was already focusing on getting insurance approval and being on my way to having surgery. I've already met my deductable for this year and to wait until next year will mean a lot more money. :sad:

By law you have the right to call your old MDs office and tell them you are coming in to pick up photocopies of your file. They must give it to you and can only charge you a "reasonable fee" for making photocopies of your file pages. Although you can't expect them to copy them in 10 mins notice --they should plenty of time to comply with your request in 24 hours.