Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandsters where are you?

See stats below. I might be on another small (hopefully) plateau since losing about 12 pounds this summer. I'm working on it though. Slow but steady.

Sorry Angeleyes,

I know I'm so sporatic about posting and I do apologize...it's the time thing...

I had a fill four weeks ago, and had less restriction than I had before the fill...I got another one today and I can feel it which I couldn't before...so here's hoping....

I feel okay...need to exercise more and am trying...

other than the fill thing and my hair falling out by the handfulls I'm good....

The upside to all my hair falling out is I could have a lot of fun with wigs!

other than the fill thing and my hair falling out by the handfulls I'm good....

My hair falls out, too. I have been increasing my protien and being more careful about getting in my Vitamins every day, but, my ponytail is getting thinner and smaller by the week. I wonder when it will stop? When I hit a plateau? Argghh! I like the weight loss but the hair thing is aggravating. It did it just after surgery, it stopped, then started again after my fill. I don't like it!

I had my surgery on 4/21/05, I am down 42 pounds, but when I went to the doctor 4 weeks ago, he told me, I was right on task, at 2-3 pounds per week....

He told me not to come back for 6 weeks,unless something was wrong.

I really havent been following a healthy diet. I have been off for the summer, and just eating like its ok....but never gaining.

I'm glad everyone is doing well.....lets keep this going..

Hugggss

hey I have had two fills and I have lost 45 lbs. so far. I am working out. It is slow but that is better than too fast. I am feeling great doing things that I love. It is wonderful been banded.

Time for another update April buddies!!!!

Going along slowly but surely here. Down app 50 lbs here. I have browsed others and see I am on the slow end of losing, wish it was faster but I am happy. I still have the slight heartburn, but my Dr gave me some meds for it at last visit. I still have 8.9mls in and havent had a fill in about 2 months. Let me know how you are all going and what you are up to now.

hi

Well,I had more to lose from the beginning so I suppose I am slow too.I have lost 63 pounds since the operation but 95 since 21 Feb which is fine.........I lose 5 pounds gain 3 back lose it again and then stall for a while....then I repeat the proses again.......so not bad for all that......

Still,reflux and pain drives me crazy some days......still not sure where it comes from.....but at least I am losing weight........7ml in 9ml band

It me here..... the slowest loser out there. I have just come off a plateau of about 2 months and have lost 2 pounds in the last week. I have been reading on another site and read the notes of a 100 pound loser. She said she had to come to terms with the fact that she would never ever be able to eat chicken, bread or potatoes but has learned to live with it. That really hit home for me, for me I just needed to add to that same list no spicy foods or dry meat of any kind. I had been trying to eat these foods and throwing up all the time. I guess my head was just telling me that nothing had happened to my body. For the last week I have eliminated these things and really tried to eat smaller portions. So I have lost 2 pounds, that may not sound like a lot to you but to me it is alot.I have only lost 21 pounds since April. I spend alot of time this last weekend doing odd jobs around my yard and home getting ready for the winter season and did alot of thinking. I guess I have been alot more depressed that I thought. I had been wondering if I had spent alot of money on another thing that didn't work. I am feeling now like it will work I just need to work on portion size. I am going on vacation the first week in November and then will get another appt. for a fill. Hope to lose more after that. Great to hear from all you April Bandsters.

Hi ther April Bandsters, I was banded on April 18, 2005 and am currently down 94 pounds. Only six more to the goal I wanted to meet by new years. I think I can make it to 100 lost by then. I have gone from an avenue size 30/32 to a size 20 whoo - hoo! and have had 2 fills, and no idea of my fill level, I think I am around 1.8 in a 4 cc band. Anyway great to hear of everyone's success....keep loosing :(

Wow Alexra, well done!

Me and you Angeleyes. I was 193.6 this morning, which puts me at about a 30 pound loss since banding. I'm happy. It's slow moving but good. I'm worried though that you can't eat chicken or spicy foods or potatos or bread, yet you need a fill? Clue me in, cuz that doesn't sound right to me. If you can't eat chicken (I don't mean dry chicken, you shouldn't be able to eat that) then woudln't that mean you are a bit tight? Are you following bandster eating rules? let me know, because maybe something is wrong with my thinking?

desertmom, I'm sorry you are still struggling with reflux...that's not good and very frustrating, I know. You weight loss is great, though. Have you had an endoscope?

I know there are more April Bandsters out there. Ya'll check in!!

Hi Kathy

No,my dr just dont think it is serious....I'm going to South Africa on holiday in December and will go for tests there.I actually know of a very reputable dr there that does banding ....so let's see what's up....Yip weightloss is ok but I do the self sabotage thing a lot....could be faster....

Kathy..... I thought I was to tight but after eliminating these foods I seems to be able to eat more. I have a weeks vacation scheduled for the first week in November and didn't want to be miserable if I get alittle to much of a fill. I will get in and get another fill as soon as I can after that. I have had two fills and then had to get an unfill. I didn't ask how much he took out.

Kathy..... I thought I was to tight but after eliminating these foods I seems to be able to eat more. I have a weeks vacation scheduled for the first week in November and didn't want to be miserable if I get alittle to much of a fill. I will get in and get another fill as soon as I can after that. I have had two fills and then had to get an unfill. I didn't ask how much he took out.

Cool...okay, so I was wondering, trying to get some feedback from everyone's posts, whether or not I needed to get a small fill. I was thinking I needed one, but didn't want to go too tight and my first 2cc fill resulted in a .4cc unfill about 5 days later. I was too tight! That was over 3 months ago.

So, yesterday I called to schedule a fill and was able to get in today...wow! and I just got back. I got back the .4cc he took out at my unfill-ha! but now I'm almost 15 pounds lighter so it's going well so far. Egg Drop Soup is settling just fine, although I can feel it gurgling a bit. Yay restriction!

Thanks for replying.

Desertmom, I'm so anxoius to find out what the South Africa doc says about your reflux! Please let us know. You have had a bit of a frustrating band journey so far, I know. Best of luck to you!

Hi everyone,

Just an update, I was unbanded on 10-10-05 due to a prolapsed band. I have lost 25 pounds, but I pray that I can continue losing weight even without the band Good luck to all of you.

Debbie