Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandsters where are you?

Hey everyone,

I was banded April 19th and I am down about 25 lbs or 12 kgs, I have had two fills totally 6mls in my 10ml band, I definately feel more restriction since my fill last friday and have lost 2.5ks in the last week! Good to hear everyone is doing so well. Keep up the great work!

Tina

It's great to read how well everyone is doing. I was banned April 20, 2005 and have only lost about 10 lbs. I just had my second fill last week and am feeling more restricted. Does everyone weigh and measure their food? Someone wrote they are having trouble getting all the Protein in? Is there a certain amount that should be consumed in a day? Also, is everyone limiting their carb intake? Please fill me in on what you are doing? I am getting discouraged! Thanks! Anne

Hey Angel,

Just back from holiday and gained 6 pounds over the 5 weeks...I was banded April 17th and lost 19 pounds as of June 8th...

I'm back on the program now, I have lost 3 of the six.

I haven't made the appt for my fill yet...getting caught up at work and sleep...but I will...a little skittish about it to tell the truth...

I just try to stay focused on the goal....

D

i am at 211 these days.. that is with ZERO exercise... and eating whatever the heck i want... lately i am living on Boost shakes because sometimes i hardly eat a thing and i am really weak....

sigh... 199 seems soooo far away... i thought i would be there by now.... i am getting my third fill this week... i missed my appt last week... currently at 1.9 but hope to cinch that baby up a bit.....

I know how you feel dallas im at 308 and i feel that 299 is so dang far away... but i guess i shouldnt complain with a 33 pound loss...

I wish it was more... but I think and feel im doing good.

I started exercising this week and hopefully i will see more results soon.

I go for another fill on Aug 5th so that will probably help a lot im at 1.2cc but i dont think it matters really everyone is diffrent

"sweet spot, come'er sweet spot......" LOL

It's great to read how well everyone is doing. I was banned April 20, 2005 and have only lost about 10 lbs. I just had my second fill last week and am feeling more restricted. Does everyone weigh and measure their food? Someone wrote they are having trouble getting all the Protein in? Is there a certain amount that should be consumed in a day? Also, is everyone limiting their carb intake? Please fill me in on what you are doing? I am getting discouraged! Thanks! Anne

Anne, here's the Bandster guidlines as posted by Vinesqueen on another thread...I just copied/pasted cuz they are so good!

The basic guides are:

1. eat your solid protien fisrt, then your veggies, then your less complex carbs if room, about a cup of food, more or less.

2. chew the heck out of everything

3. Drink about 60ish oz of Water everyday.

4. don't drink with meals, or for 30-60 minutes after meals (it will wash out the food from our pouch so we will be hungry sooner.)

5. avoid caloric beverages

6. excersize! Get active and get moving, get your groove thing on!

7. get enough sleep!

I have heard 50-60 grams of protien a day. You may need just one more small fill to get a little better restriction, but first try following these basic rules for a few weeks, and see how it goes. 10 pounds is nothing to sneeze at, you'll get there!

Dallasdoll, I'm glad you are hanging in there. I can just feel it, the next fill will be just the ticket and you'll be on here complaining about how long it takes you to eat and how you need to break the habit of eating too fast or you will PB. It will happen! I made it to 199 but have stayed here for about 3 weeks now. I'll be glad when I no longer see 200+ AT ALL on the scale. Right now I go up to 202 or so at night, but I lose my magical 3 pounds in my sleep and every morning I'm 199 point something. It will happen! Don't miss that next fill apointment. You have a 4cc band, right?

no i have the big band.... my doc says he is just filling me up super slow because i was in houston for a while and if i was too tight i couldnt get back fast enuf for an unfill... but now that i am back in dallas i hope he ups the amount in my band....

i honestly think my depression meds are affecting things too... i was on wellbutrin which made me have no appetite at all and i dropped my weight due to that i think... but i was taken off that one because i cant sleep... so now my appetite is back...

apparently i am looking leaner though and folks have noticed.. but i am not doing my part at all to help this situation along faster... on no sleep and little food, there isnt much energy to hit the treadmill.... im pretty lathargic most days....

i am still working this out. :/

I can't believe you only have 1.9cc in a large band! Many many people start with a 4cc fill! Heck, I have a 4cc band and my first fill was 2cc, then I got a .4cc unfill. Oh, girl, just you wait! You don't even KNOW how you will feel restricted :) You are doing great so far, despite it all! Don't miss that next appointment!

Hi I was banded April 18. I have lost 40 lbs. First 2 weeks I was so tight I was on portable IV's. Then The swelling went down. June had a fill. Right now I keep losing a few pounds and going up a few pounds. I guess it might be time to get another fill.

i was banded april 21st and i am down 34 pounds... it is going really slow now but my doc wont fill me anymore since i am still losing...i exersize every day but i do have bad things to eat evry now and then...

I was banded April 4th this year and am down 35 pds. i have been at a standstill fro quite a while now. I have started suffering from slight reflux also, so i am not going to get another fill for a while either. Its great to see everyone is going so well.

Update April Bandsters!!!!

Do you have good restriction yet/now? How is the weight loss going? Are you still happy with the band?

I was banded 4th April and have just come off a 7 weeks plateau. I have lost 19kgs/41lbs...a little on the slow side, but hey its not a race :D I have 8.9mls/ccs in the VG band. I have started working with band and find I do have good restriction eating correctly. I am still extremely happy with my decision to have the band. Only draw back has been some reflux that has developed when I get the band.

Let me know how you are all going, I am excited to know.

I am doing good-i was banded 4/29/05 and have lost about 47 lbs-monday i had surgery to take out the stitches and had a fill-now at 8 cc and at pretty much the perfect restriction,finally. I too am coming off a few-plus months plateau-i just lost restriction and was eating such bad food. So hopefully this will jump start my weightloss since it was SO good in the beginning. i still am very happy i got banded and would do it again in a heart beat =-) Hope all you April bandsters are doing great!