Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any early 20's people getting/gotten banded?

I was wondering if there are many people in their early 20's (like me)in here who are or have gotten banded-From what ive seen and heard on-line and around where i live that most people banded are late 20's-30 +... Not that theres a HUGE difference-Just curious =-)

Thanks!

Hey thats great-at least now i know im not an oddball!LOL =-) Thanks!!!

Are you happy with your band? Im thrilled-its like ive been given a new more confident life already!

Guest jeannieka

I am 23 years old and had surgery May 17, 2005 i am only 1 month post op- i have lost 18lbs so far!

I was banded when I was 24, turned 25 two months later. It has been wonderful so far....In October it will be 2 years. Hopefully I will lose another 30 pounds by then and be at my next goal!

I'm 25, will be 26 in August. I was banded on 5/9/05.

Sadly, I'm now on the upper end of my 20's *lol* I was banded at 26. Our surgeons share an office!!! Congrats on your excellent weight loss! Have you had a fill yet?? I look forward to "seeing" you around.. Take Care, Christina

Oh wow there are a lot of us out there huh?? Thats great!!! (Christine) Trama Nurse-thats so cool we went to the same office!I have yet to meet anyone who has went to Pioneer Valley Surgical!

Thanks so much everyone for repling-it makes me feel better knowing there are many younger people getting the band like me.Im really glad i joined this group you are all so wonderful and i have already learned so much!

Congrats to everyone also who replied-you all sound like your doing awesome

:-D

I am so happy with this surgery since its so much less risk then gastric bypass and there are so many more options..

Thanks again everyone for all your responses!!! =)

Guest filly21_67501

I just turned 21 and am axiously waiting to get my approval.My mother just had her done. she is doing well.I can't wait. How have all of your gone. Any advice for me

My insurance initially denied me,but i called my primary care doctor and my obgyn and asked them to submit information that my surgery is needed-they denied me 1st because i didnt have any illnesses such as diabetes.But because i am 22 i havent gotten that far and probably in a couple years i would have become diabetic. I even wrote them a long letter. Then i got approved!!

So,if you DO get denied,dont take that as your final answer!Appeal,appeal appeal! Uusally when they see you want it enough to appeal their decision,they approve you (unless you really dont meet the criteria such as a lower BMI,mine was like 50!)

Good luck let me know how you do!!But now im doing great,ive lost 40 lbs and am feeling better then i have felt in years! I have some neasea but its not that huge of a deal compared to all the benefits=)

I'm 22 and was banded April 27th! I'm glad there are other people our age on here.... we should form a little group b/c there's so many other issues being banded in your 20's that some other people might not understand!