Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 18 - LBL

Karen,

Congratulations! I bet it felt great to be "small." I've been checking up on you. I tried to send you a post the other day, but when I hit the Post Quick Reply, the site or my connection went down and I didn't have time to retype.

The Spanx have worked really well for me lately (I'm 7 weeks out now.) I think I'm ready for a smaller size. I kept losing and gaining the same few pounds for a while. Now I'm starting to lose.

Are you home now? Hope all is well.

Thanks KD! I may just stick with the Spanx. I am hoping that my drains will come out next week and that will end the problem. Did you have swelling issues after 2 weeks? Did you have weight gain right after the surgery?

K

Thanks KD! I may just stick with the Spanx. I am hoping that my drains will come out next week and that will end the problem. Did you have swelling issues after 2 weeks? Did you have weight gain right after the surgery?

K

not KD, but i was swollen for several weeks after my tuck.... especially when working out... oh dear!!!

Karen,

Even now, I swell if I don't wear the Spanx. I forgot to wear it last week when I went shopping. I was frustrated by the end of the trip because I could tell I was swollen and I was trying on pants. I couldn't tell if they would fit after a couple days. That was on Saturday, by Tuesday I could see a major difference.

Within 2 weeks of my surgery, I bought 2 pair of "real" jeans, a size 10 and a size 8. By the next week, I took the 10 back because they were too big. I didn't wear the 8 for another week I'd say because the weather was still too warm for long pants. When I finally wore them, I had to buy a belt while I was out because they were too big also. I can't hardly keep them up now. Actually, I can pull them over my hips without unbuttoning or unzipping them now. The same belt, on the 2nd hole the day I bought it, is now on the 4th hole to hold the jeans up. I found a 6 last weekend, so I bought them.

After my surgery I was down about 4 pounds, but I don't remember exactly when I first weighed. I also never asked how much the skin that was removed weighed. Since surgery, I have gone up and down the same 4 pounds. The weight is staying down more now. I ate more when I was first recovering because I was worried about needing more calories for healing. For whatever reason, I haven't been making the best food choices lately, so I'm trying to get back on track now. I'm recording my food again, so that definitely helps me make better choices. I still have a little more weight to lose.

Once your swelling starts going down, I know you'll be below goal. So I wouldn't worry about the weight. Just focus on making the best food choices that you can. The scales will move soon and you will be thrilled.

Edited by KD8888

THanks KD - I can't imagine swelling and weight won't go down soon. I am 2 weeks out today and dont weigh myself regularly. Hopefully I will have a big, good suprise next week when I weigh again. Also, haven't attempted jeans or any "regular" clothing because the drains are still in. I can SEE my body is really really differnet.

Well I'm new to this party. I'm happy to read your progress Karen.

Thanks for sharing your journey.

Seems like it's getting close to plastics time for me. The more you all share the more informed we readers are.

Thanks again.

Hi Guys,

Internet has been down so haven't had the chance to check in. I am doing pretty great. 2 drains in still - hopefully Weds I will get them out. I am not so sure about that though because I am still draining pretty heavily - needs to be under 30 cc for a couple of days. My surgeon said she would not be suprised if they stayed in longer for me since I had such a massive amount of tissue removed. I go back to work on Friday so I REALLY want them to be out before then. THe drains don't hurt but they are uncomfortable and generally a pain to deal with and also hard to hide under clothing. Other than the drains I am feeling pretty good. I am basically off the percoset except for every once in a while.

The good news is that my weight has been dropping steadily over the past few days and I am now a few pounds below goal! I am not going to update my ticker until I get back to my own apartment (still staying with parents) and the drains are out.

I look pretty good very flat and tight! My thighs are still pretty bad though but I am trying not to let that get me down - it is always something isn't it? Somehow I feel like having butt and hips and stomach so nice makes my thighs look worse which is of course insanity. I am still very puffy. Something really weird is seeing birth marks and old scars in differnt places - feels like someone else's stomach.

THanks for all the kinds words and support.

Only one drain left! I am feeling pretty good today. I think that I am healing really well - you can already barely see the incisions around my belly button! I will possibly if brave enough post some pics next week. Also am relieved from wearing the binder at night since my skin was getting irritated. Life is better with only one drain! Hopefully next week the final drain will be removed.

Not looking forward to going back to work (Friday) since I am totally exhausted after going out for 2-3 hours but I suppose my stamina will improve. Also my back hurts since I am still not standing 100% upright. One thing I have noticed is that it really hurts to sit on hard surfaces now since I have no padding left in my butt - an unexpected outcome.

Can't post until tomorrow night because of the holiday but I hope all of you are well.

Karen, so glad to ehr that you are doing so well. I can't wait to see your pics. I bet you look amazing!! I can't wait to be looking back at my surgery instead of ahead!!

See drains is what I am most dreading I think. My hubby was even willing to take me to Dallas to LJM's Dr becasue it was drainless. But I had to be realistic and go with someone close to home, sigh,,,,, drains scare me.....

Karen glad your down to only 1 drain now.

Karen,

That last drain will be gone soon. Don't forget to wear a compression garmet to work Friday. I guess because I was so tired, I forgot a few days. By the afternoon, I was wishing I hadn't been "braindead" those mornings. I hope you don't have to work the weekend. It would work out really well to go back to work 1 day then have a couple off. I had to work 4 days my first week back. It was rough.

Plan to rest Friday evening!

Back at work - one question. Is this for real? How am I going to make it through the day. Sitting in an office chair is so uncomfortable! (I know complain complain). Also feel so swollen that I am going to bust open.

TMI part.

Also - drain complaining again - woke up this morning with my remaining drain totally clogged up to a point where the lack of suction made it open and I was COVEREd in grossness and my sheets. After I unclogged I drained 25 ccs within 10 minutes. How GROSS is that. Can you tell I am feeling crappy like I want to go home? :):confused:

See drains is what I am most dreading I think. My hubby was even willing to take me to Dallas to LJM's Dr becasue it was drainless. But I had to be realistic and go with someone close to home, sigh,,,,, drains scare me.....

Karen glad your down to only 1 drain now.

Shalee - the drains are not scary or painful once you get used to them - just kind of a drag and gross. Don't want to scare you too much uneccessarily.