Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 Month Stats  

1 member has voted

1. 1. 9 Month Stats

• 1-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70-79
    • 80-89
    • 90-109
    • 110-119
    • 120-129
    • Over 130

Hi ladies, its been so long. everyone is doing fantastic.

I did go in for my fill back in August and boy do I feel it.I lost 5 pounds in the first 2 weeks and losing at about 2 Pd's a week, goodbye plateau. like luv2teach, I'm surviving on Soups, fruit, cheese, Protein drinks, nuts not really eating meals with any nutritional value. its more like snacking. and honestly I'm no longer hungry. I eat because I have to.

I have lost another 5 pounds and now weigh in at 230. but is it worth it? what affect will this have on my health. I miss eating salads and meat. no more steak, chicken, hamburgers, nothing, nada oh my gosh I turning vegan! I chew the hell out of my food and at least once a week I have that god awful slimming, ugh! so disgusting.

I do need to get my a** up off the couch, 2 months now with no exercise, just been lazy reading, watching t.v. crocheting 2 baby blankets. I need someone to give a swift kick in the booty.

ladies, keep up the good work, you are all doing fantastic.

lets see want tomorrow brings.

Well, LaChica, I couldn't do that any longer. I had another cc removed last week by my surgeon. He wasn't happy to hear that my diet regularly included a Protein shake or two per day because solids were nearly impossible. I've finally been able to eat meat again!! I feel like I can eat just about anything that I want, but did have a bad afternoon with a few grape tomatoes today. I am finally able to eat properly again...but I worry I'm over eating. I haven't gained and it's been a week. I haven't lost, but hey...I wasn't losing when I couldn't eat, either! I hope that eating properly and having solids again will get me back on track.

YOU NEED to start exercising again!!! I took a few days off because I wasn't feeling well, but I had to get back into the routine before I got too comfortable. You KNOW that you'll be more successful (and healthy) by working out and moving again. GET GOING! No excuses on this one.....it'll just get worse when winter comes. SO get moving soon, LaChica!!! Success will come when you work the band AND workout. Without doing both, you're wasting valuable time and energy. You deserve to be successful. You've been doing this for over 9 months now, but you KNOW that you won't be as successful if you aren't exercising. No more excuses. Your 2 month hiatus should end today!!!

Lachica,

I've been having a horrible couple of weeks. I was traveling and then got a horrible sinus infection....

I have not eaten a real meal in over 3 weeks. I had .5cc removed on the 14th. Tomorrow I go in to have more removed. It's been horrible. I was going to try to wait it out, but am giving up. I need to EAT! I open up in the late evenings but it's too late to get a real meal in. It's nice never being hungry, but my head is going nuts!

It's hard to convince yourself that you need to exercise when you are losing at 2 lbs a week without it, and then you aren't eating well so the energy level probably is lacking too. I get that, but you have GOT to get up and get moving. You need to EAT and you need to MOVE. We talked about this at my last support group. If you are not living like you plan on living for the rest of your life (eating and such)...then you stand a really good chance of regaining when you get frustrated at your current regimine. We were talking about eating "diet" foods, like fat free, salad dressings you don't like, foods you are not crazy for.

I am going crazy that I can't eat meat. I LOVE meat! It's bad enough that I can't have breads but I'm okay with giving that up....but NO meat would be a deal breaker for me.

I would suggest talking to your team about what you are eating on a daily basis and see what they say. If you get a slight unfill to allow for solid foods and then get off the couch, your loss rate could stay the same.

Good luck.

Hi Everyone!

I too seem to be at a plateau. No movement on the scale for about a month now. Very frustrating and discouraging. I thought I might need a fill, but sometimes I feel way too tight. So I figured I would just ride this out and see how it goes.

Reading your posts is both good and bad. Good because I am not alone, but bad because I'm not doing as well as most.

That being said, congrats to all the big losers!!

Gracie, you may not have lost as much weight as I have, but I have twice as much still to go!! You're doing great. I'm about half way to goal and feeling ok with that. However, I've been fighting the plateau for nearly 2 months now. I'm fighting back by eating more veggies and following my old Weight Watchers plan, but with more Protein. Good luck! :)

Gracie,

Don't get discouraged. You are doing great! If I had not been banded in December I can almost guarentee that I would have been at 240 by now. I was on an out of control upward spiral. I'm guessing you were feeling similar. So, not only have you lost 40 pounds, you haven't gained any more either.

You can also look at it as over half way done! Those with less to lose, tend to lose slower. It is also better to lose slowly, so don't get discouraged. It is all good.

Keep it positive....and if you want to look at your habits and get some input, post them here and we can look at them and see if we can help. Anything we can do to help.

Thanks for keeping it real everyone! I needed a good jolt of reality to re focus and realize that I have done something amazing. I appreciate the support.