Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SERIOUS ONLY: Giving up junk food.

Hey- I hear all you guys talking about Starbucks- I work for Starbucks actually- and my pre-band(i'm getting banded tommorow) treat is a tall sugar free hazelnut coffee frappuccino light. YUMMY- I also enjoy sugar free vanilla skim milk latte's- Thank God I don't have to give up Coffee- my drug of choice.

Check out starbucks.com for calorie count

Ok I have not been doing too good on this challenge. How has everyone else been doing?

Lisa? Kathy? Esmeralda? Anyone?

I seem to be in a love/hate relationship with chocolate right now

Struggling, desperately. Yesterday was my first half decent day. I fasted all day after thinking I hurt my band by eating too much, then I made a pot of amazing Soup. I ended up eating 4 medium bowls, but it's all healthy and mostly broth. Then I ate a cup of low fat pudding to get some dairy in.

Today I had a Coke. And a Diet Coke (damn it, I hate confessions.) A lowfat Yoplait for lunch. 1/2 gallon Water. That's it so far. More Soup for dinner & another pudding if Chris doesn't get to it.

I'm doing this whole sabotage thing. Not sure why. Wish the guys in white coats would get here already.

Well I have been doing pretty good, what's hard is I am and Engineering Secretary during the day and a waitress at a Mexican Restaurant at night and the food it talking to me, yesterday I ate a ground beef soft taco and a small side of rice (I left the tortilla from the taco) but I drank tons a Water before bed so I would'nt get heart burn at night

(I am a single mom and I need to make ends meet). I am actually going for a fill on Saturday because I feel I eat to much.

Struggling, desperately

Me too :)

I desperatley need a fill. Monday can not come soon enough!

Lisa I commend you for all of the motnhs you have had no fill and have not gained any weight back! Amazing!

I have been empty for 2 months and I am fortunate to have not gained and actually lost a few lbs in the first month but this last month has been a struggle. I can not imagine being un fiiled for as long as you have. You desreve huge kudos from me on maintaning your weight loss

Pretty good, here. I can eat more than I should be able to, but I have been staying away from junk. No cheetos, no ice cream, no milkshakes, no chocolate. Its the actual food I'm having a hard time with. We had Wed Night Supper at church and they served pizza. mmm. I ate 2 slices...I posted something about this somewhere...anyway, and today for lunch I had Chick-fil-A. I did nibble a few fries but ate the sandwich (with bun) and the cole slaw.

OMG! I forgot! I drank about a 1/2 of a Diet Dr Pepper today!! I waited until it went a little flat and sipped on it an hour after my lunch. No calories? But junk. I don't know what I was thinking, I usually get Water or tea at a drive thru ...anyhow, it's unusual so I'll count it as a small brain fart. pppppbbbbbt ('scuse me!)

OK I was doing really really good on this. NO JUNK food at all. THen last night I grabbed a Dr. Pepper and a bowl of chocolate Ice Cream. Darnit it!!! Why do we do this. However, I only had two or three drinks from the Dr. Pepper and then put it in the fridge, I think I will just dump it out. I ate a small bowl of ice cream. But man it was Haagen Daz!! CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUMMY IN MY TUMMY!!!!!!!!!

I did great - until we had an ice cream social at work - we all brought obnoxious goodies to put on the ice cream (as if that in itself isn't enough) - and I had the works - after scoffing it down, I realized it was because my check-out/biller is out of maternity leave (this was her office shower) - and I'd have to take up her slack - which means working till 7:00pm at least - for the next three months - The date for the closing on my house has been changed - now sooner - and I'm in a panic as to how to get everything out by the 28th. I only have this weekend....for help.... and boy - did the ice cream help???? nothing like doing something that makes you feel worse....How and why did I think it was OK to do? Stress, stress, stress - must stay in my zen.....

Time for true confessions. Michelle, you WERE right until today; I had maintained nearly a 70 lb weight loss. Today it's official though. I've gained 9 solid pounds. I'm crying as I type this because I screamed out for help, and rescue came. My size 2 friend is sleeping in my bed right now. She showed up last night to rescue me from eating and is going to help me. It's the end of the line at my house. Once the junk food drawer is empty, Chris is going on a health food kick whether he likes it or not. I went shopping and didn't buy his candy bars or chips. I got fruit, dried fruit, more fruit, seeds. Today I'm filling the drawer with nuts & pretzles. Zero hour.

My Band journey started when I posted a personal ad at Yahoo out of desperation, hoping some therapist or shrink would find me and talk to me. Somehow Karen, a stranger, saw my ad & responded. Eventually she came to my house and showed me her band, which I'd never heard of. Soon I was in Mexico following her footsteps. Unfortunately, she eroded & had her band removed a couple months ago. Anyway, Karen is also coming to my rescue. She's not letting Band-removal get the better of her, and she's fighting and winning! Karen's the one that gave me the milk web address. She's sticking to the plan, logging in her food, and we're going to meet on a regular basis. She's working on her "mind" which is what I need.

Anyway, I'm going to the milk site now to log my 16 oz lowfat in.

DeLarla please pour all the sodas down the drain. Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez say that sodas and carbonated beverage will cause your band to slip. That was the only reason not to have them. If we could he would have said "diet" sodas are okay, but they aren't. I truly miss them, but band slippage is not an option at this price for me. I love carbonated beverage. What does everyone else's doctors say about them.

Susie

Sue, this is the first time EVER that I heard cabonation can make the band slip. I've been asking many doctors about carbonation, and all of them say to avoid it but for different reasons. Some say it stretches the pouch, others say it's just uncomfortable.

If Martinez & Ortiz say that it causes slippage, that's news to me. Thanks for sharing that. Now I have a reason not to drink it since it never hurt me at all.

Any chance you can call Ortiz or Martinez and ask them for more information? Even start a whole new thread, or do a search for another "carbonation" thread to add this?

Could carbonation cause slippage after one use? After long term use? How? Why? Did I miss another post?

HELP! Has anyone else ever heard this?

Thanks, Susie!

DeLarla,

I scanned the four page document from Dr. Ortiz into the computer, But I can't figure out how to attached it here.

Under IMPORTANT CHANGES Page 3, Item No. 2 it states: "No Carbonated drinks ever again, they can make tour lapband slip.".

I have to run to work, I will check in when I return and try to figure how to attach it so you can read all of Dr. Ortiz post lapband instructions.

See you soon!

Susie

Susie

Scan:

I also was told no carbonated drinks - but was told the carbonation stretches the pouch - guess slippage can come with this....I've tried some - just out of seeing what I can add back - and don't find that they taste the same. I actually love to drink ice cold Water. It tastes better than anything - except ice tea - but can't in the afternoon cause of the caffeine. Have a hard enuf time sleeping.....This is the best web site EVER - I feel that I can pour my heart out - and speak of the error of my ways - and only get support and encouragement back - You all are GREAT - I look forward to my daily new e-mails and wouldn't be trying as hard without you..... THANK YOU.

Blue Bunny Turtles and Cream for dinner, followed by Trail Mix for dessert. Hello!!! Well, I did have a salad with grilled chicken for lunch. Next paycheck, I'm getting The Rules for Normal Eating. I know it's only 10 bucks but there is free shipping on orders over 25 and I need to purchase the Little House on the Prairie set for my daughter. If I wait and get the two together I will get free shipping. Can I free flow type for a bit longer? Sorry. I ate ice cream for dinner...:)

Somebody just shoot me already! I'm not doing great, but at least I'm doing better. My husband needs a lot of food since his job is physical, and he's a goodie junkie. He has a candy bar, a snack pie, chips & a Pepsi with his lunch every day. The other night my skinny pal, Shelly, stayed with me. We packed his lunch together. He was SO good and ate the whole thing without complaining. Sandwich, grapes, dried apricots and a tapicoa. I noticed he snuck goodies in, too, but that drawer is looking pretty pathetic since I'm not restocking it for him.

I'm not making much progress, but at least I'm making some. Been snacking on dried apricots & mangos & sugar free lofat ice cream.