Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

the biggest loser (7)

I'm with Jillian. I would give anything(maybe not anything) to train with her. These people have an amazing opportunity and those women don't seem to get it. All the whining is really getting on my nerves. Either take advantage of it or go home. The mom and daughter couple. The mom has blonde hair that hte daughter black (Jillian kicked the daughter out of the gym) They really get on my nerves. I'm glad Heba stayed instead of her husband. I still like the yellow girl, but even she seems a little whiny. Not sure who my favorite is yet either.

I don't know who my favorite is either, but I can't stand the girl in the brown. Some of the things she has said during the little interviews bugs me....

Anyone still watching???

I watched one episode and decided I can't stand the show.

1) I think it's perfectly possible to motivate people without being emotionally abusive so none of these trainers impress me much.

2) I think a lot of the challenges are designed to make the participants look ridiculous so the thin people can laugh at the fatties

3) I think the show gives the impression that it's entirely possible for people as heavy as these guys are to lose weight with diet and exercise alone, which is something I just don't believe.

So I guess you could say I'm not a fan. :wink2:

I do think it is possible in such a controlled setting. Unfotunately most of us don't have that controlled setting. Fortunately, we do have lapband!! I would love to work out with Jillian or Bob. I think they are awesome. I think the people on the show just need to put on their big girl panties and do it!!!! I didn't want to run 5 miles this morning, but I want this bad enough so I did it anyway!! Love the show, hate the drama!!

I watched one episode and decided I can't stand the show.

1) I think it's perfectly possible to motivate people without being emotionally abusive so none of these trainers impress me much.

2) I think a lot of the challenges are designed to make the participants look ridiculous so the thin people can laugh at the fatties

3) I think the show gives the impression that it's entirely possible for people as heavy as these guys are to lose weight with diet and exercise alone, which is something I just don't believe.

So I guess you could say I'm not a fan. :wink2:

feeling the mental bruising from my trainer today (also a 24hrfit emp), i can see what your saying. feeling a bit too proud of running the 5k w/him on saturday - i got smacked down into reality gaining inches & body fat since my last measurement check in.

that' said, i started w/him a fat ass - no way around the nice words, completely unfit...even though i had been working out 3months prior. i never watched the show till i had WLS - then i found motivation, where i might have thought similarly that the fatties were being made fun. i don't see that now.....now i root for these people to be a bit brave and show themselves at their most unflattering for the WORLD to see.

ok:

purple team = don't take it serious working out, when the daughter blew jillian a kiss , i was over them.

liked orange team = like to see heba or someone from the red team win (don't know all names)

the rest - sorta on the fence other than still not liking the brown team.

i never watched the show till i had WLS

Me either.

I still hate the show and won't watch it again.

I think it is inspirational but I don't always like what they have them wear or how unflattering the challenges are . . . but then again, that is what keeps people watching.

I dont think they are being too whiny.

I am a gym rat myself, I run three or 4 times a week, go to the gym for an hour each day, and walk 5k every evening.............however I have NEVER worked out Full force for 6 hours straight. Earlier in the summer I had an asskicking trainer, who I worked out with twice per week. He did bring me to the point I was throwing up on the gym floor, after some asskicking cardio.

I cannot imagine doing that level of work 6 hours a day or more. Especially if I was eating crap like subway sanwiches and sugarfree gum filled with aspartame and sorbitol.

I never see those people eating an apple, a boiled egg, or some spinach!

rant over

ok:

purple team = don't take it serious working out, when the daughter blew jillian a kiss , i was over them.

liked orange team = like to see heba or someone from the red team win (don't know all names)

the rest - sorta on the fence other than still not liking the brown team.

Right there with you. I think I like Heba best, but each week I lean towards the red.

Purple chick pissed me off when she blew the kiss. I couldn't believe that.

Same about being on the fence.

I think it is the purple girl that has me up in arms as well. When she blew Jililan a kiss I just couldn't believe it. Look at the opportunity these people have. And the way her mom whines about everything. get over it already and jsut do the work or go home!!! You knew what you were getting into when you signed up. So, put on your big girl panties and do it or GO HOME!!! When they were all on the treadmill telling her that they didn't do their homework, they just didn't sem to care. Pissed me off.

I think i like Heba too. I like the red people too and the yellow girl is ok. I can't stand the purple people, incase you can't tell. Other than that I don't know.

So, put on your big girl panties and do it or GO HOME!!! .

don't know why but i giggle every time i see "big girl panties"......

to have an opportunity to hunker down for 3 months to work out; it be all about me & not have to juggle when i get my workout in......sign me up, and i'm all for the competitions - just check out reneweds comp w/whosya..., warms my heart:tongue:

don't know why but i giggle every time i see "big girl panties"......

Me, too! I love that phrase.

quote=luluc;1026747]to have an opportunity to hunker down for 3 months to work out;

Uh-Oh...You said "hunker down". DH and I had a drinking game during Ike. Everytime a new reporter or statesman would say, "hunker down," we'd have to drink!

So, this next sips for you, luluc! :biggrin:

So, this next sips for you, luluc! :biggrin:

oh CRAP, has the weather channel influenced my vocabulary????

what was your SIP?

Something tells me that they knew what was expected of them before they went.

I'd be surprised if they really knew. In the head, sure, but to be there is different. At least that's what every contestant on every Reality TV show I've ever read about says. :)