Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

the biggest loser (7)

Ok who is setting up the LBT training camp site? haha

That's a ridiculous amount of weight to lose in a week ... No matter how much u have to lose.

I agree with you, Brandy. I wish I could do it. Even with the lapband and exercising, I can only lose 1-2 lbs a week. I must need a trainer but I can't afford one. :)

I agree with you, Brandy. I wish I could do it. Even with the lapband and exercising, I can only lose 1-2 lbs a week. I must need a trainer but I can't afford one. :)

i HAVE a trainer (twice a wk) and NEVER lost more than 4lbs in one wk - my avg has always been 1-2.....UGH:rolleyes:

i think they wk out multiple times a day & yes - if for 4 months you could escape life and just concentrate on working out - healthy eating / NO family & dramas associated...whew that would be great...!!

I think it's something like 6 hours a day...Plus the limits on food.

DH and I were watching last night, and he was like, "We could do THAT. Oh, man...we could do THAT, too!!!" I had to remind him that we're not seeing everything they're doing.

Did you see the 2 people who threw up? I've never worked so hard that I've thrown up....I think that's kinda scary. Is that even healthy?

Yes, I saw them upchucking, gosh, I couldn't ever imagine pushing myself to that, unless I ate dry chicken:biggrin:.

I would love to have a trainer and I did join a wellness center yesterday and I enjoyed the heck out of it. They have guys walking around telling you stuff about how to work the machines, so maybe I sorta have a trainer, he's just not that personal:wink:. LOL

I haven't picked my favorite team yet, but I loved how the yellow (team)daughter worked hard to get immunity (the hill thing) for her and her father.

I love the Biggest Loser! I am always amazed at the massive amount of weight they lose in the first week. I also hated to see the green team go. They were so hard working. They looked great at the end though.

I don't have a favorite yet either. I'll have a better feel for them in a few weeks.

I think it's something like 6 hours a day...Plus the limits on food.

I've never worked so hard that I've thrown up....I think that's kinda scary. Is that even healthy?

But, can they maintain that level of exercise and food Portion Control when they go back to the 'real' world? Unless they can sustain it, I wonder about the long term (i.e. 5+ year) success rate.

And, working so hard that I vomit? Nope, that just ain't in my plans.

You -know- that these people are given full medical workups during the casting period. It's completely irresponsible for the producers to put a gentleman who is that sick on the show. Not only is it unsafe, it gives the yellow team a disadvantage (or advantage, depending on your viewpoint) in the challenges.

re: the weight loss -- a lot of teams Water load before the start of the show, water weight comes off easy early on.

What really bothers me is that some of those folks don't weight a lot more than I did at the start. Surely I didn't look like -that-, right?

I think DH is a little frustrated, because I kept pointed to the ones that are around my size now, and say, I look like that?

Small vanity in my mind...ugg. Why DO they have to take off their shirts. I wouldn't wanna.

I think DH is a little frustrated, because I kept pointed to the ones that are around my size now, and say, I look like that?

Small vanity in my mind...ugg. Why DO they have to take off their shirts. I wouldn't wanna.

Glou, I never thought about one of them looking like me, but the next time I watch, it will be on my mind. LOL:biggrin:

Yes, WHY do they take off their shirts to weigh, do they do that at the dr's office? Do shirts weigh THAT much? I only take off my shoes and I try to wear light weight clothes. I think I should take off ALL my clothes off when I weigh in next time-----NOT!!!!:crying:

Glou, I never thought about one of them looking like me, but the next time I watch, it will be on my mind. LOL:biggrin:

Yes, WHY do they take off their shirts to weigh, do they do that at the dr's office? Do shirts weigh THAT much? I only take off my shoes and I try to wear light weight clothes. I think I should take off ALL my clothes off when I weigh in next time-----NOT!!!!:crying:

then watch as the season progresses, they keep the shirt on. excess skin maybe????

Yes, there is one on there at that started at 267 thats what my starting weight was :crying: Then there was one that was 219 and thats what I am now lol. So I was able to see the difference of me then and now just by watching them weigh in.

I guess losing 49 pounds has just given me alot more confidence because looking at the girl that was 219 I thought there was no way I looked like that. That's ok I feel good :wink2:

Glou, I did the same thing! I saw some ladies that weighed less than me and I said, "Surely I don't look that big". DH said I didn't, bless his heart for making me feel better. I think a lot of it has to do with height, muscle mass, and the way we carry weight in general. Maybe these women are just really short???

Maybe these women are just really short???

i said the SAME thing to DH - i want to know how tall they are.

i'm short, 5'1 (on my tippee toes - LOL) & i realize the TV can make you look a bit bigger - but either its denial or something else; these people do look a lot bigger than what that scales says. OR i just need that scale.< /p>

i said the SAME thing to DH - i want to know how tall they are.

i'm short, 5'1 (on my tippee toes - LOL) & i realize the TV can make you look a bit bigger - but either its denial or something else; these people do look a lot bigger than what that scales says. OR i just need that scale.< /p>

Probably 5' 2" here so I am compact too.