Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fenton vs. PRCowboy Challenge

I missed my usual Thursday weigh in (batteries on my WW scale died!!), but the good news is down 2 lb's this week for a total loss of 82 lb's (24%)

Edited by mediummike

Hi Guys: If you can just hang on a little while. I would like to join this challenge. That is if I can ever get this Dam Band of mine. Think we might be able to get BigRick to join?

Guess I am unofficially in, holding steady at 305 right now, think my body is in shock and I could eat a portion that would starve a mouse and still get no scale movement but I am not giving up. It will move again soon I am sure! How are you guys doing?

I have those moments where I don't lose (usually weeks) as well bigrick. In fact, I gained a pound this week - even though I ate well and exercised regularly. Like you, I'm not giving up and at this point, I don't let it bother me. Slow and steady is fine with me. I'm really starting to enjoy the NSV's at this point as well - I donated a large bag of clothes to my church that don't even come close to fitting anymore !!

BigRick: 57 lbs forever gone sure looks good to me. With all the walking you do, probable just turning fat into mussel. I have lost track but think you have only been banded two or three Months. Don’t forget they tell us to also measure are self.

Mediummike in 8 months looks like you have lost 82 lbs forever and only 18 lbs away from your first goal pretty impressive to me.

For me in 2000 my top weight was 332 lbs. June this year when I started this trip I was 309 lbs. At the Surgeons visit to set the surgery date I was 296 lbs. So I am down 13 lbs and only 19 days from my big day.

Now mediummile as for clothes I am the old guy walking in the park wearing sweatpants with suspenders.

I was banded July 29th, so it has been right around 3 months. I am wearing clothes that I had refused to throw away years ago that now fit so that is a big NSV for me and I can actually use a belt now. I often wear shorts, those strechy cotton slip on things that are so comfortable, most of them fall off now and I have had to buy new ones, even wear them in the winter whenever I work nights and can wear whatever I want to. Down to about 20degrees out I wear them while hiking also. In fact heading out now for my weekend jaunt with the dogs, will weigh in the end of this week, good luck to us all----

Still gaining and losing that pound. Holding at 303....although I would swear that I'm losing inches. I think the scale will catch up pretty soon.

That is exactly how I feel. STILL holding at 305, for several weeks now, but like you things continue to feel loser so I guess that is a good thing. Still think the system is in shock and is compensating for how little I am eating and evetually the weight will start down again. If it doesnt soon then I am going for another fill to get it moving!

Hi Guys said I would wait till after the Band to take up the Challenge. But just have to report anyway, in the last couple of weeks have dropped another 7 lbs, down to 289. And that means I have moved from (PAT-ON-THE BACK) Morbidly Obese to just OBESE. Next week is Band week.:eek:

Where is everybody ? I'm down another pound this week (really slowing up, but I'll take it!). 24.8% since surgery. Looking for the 240's....

Well, I am jumping into the challenge late.

This morning, 315 - down from 321 from last Thursday (6 pounds down).

So right now I am in a stage of having things melt off.