Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need a buddy, 9/29/08 date

Hey Ladies, just wanted to say hello and wish you all good luck. I have been banded now for 3 weeks and have lost 10kg (22lb's) I am over the liquids and mushy stage and am slowy introducing normal foods into my diet, I feel great and I agree with you too Pat I didn't tell anyone about it except for my hubbie, kids and Mum. People just love to give their oppinions and quite frankly I don't hear them. Anyway I am sure you will be really pleased with what you are going to do and if there is anything I can do to help just ask, I know things might be abit different here in Australia but the overall operation is the same. Anyway goodluck.

Cindy,

Thanks, my job definately has it's ups and downs, i'm civilian. Things have been crazy with the hurricanes this past week and looks like we are in for another crazy week. Congrats on your weight loss! Sounds like you are doing great! Thanks for your offer. I'll be in touch.

Pam,

So glad you are doing well! Glad to hear that you are happy with your surgery results! I was thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. Can't wait to hear more!

Roxyrip,

Thanks for the well wishes. Sounds like you are doing very well too. I'd love to hear about the differences from you.

As i said, the hurricanes have kept me busy and no time to check the boards. I have managed not to get deployed yet, we'll see what happens on the east coast this weekend!

I saw my PCP to start my supervised diet yesterday. He was very supportive and completely understands the weight loss issues as he is quite overweight himself.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Pat

Hey everyone: Just wanted to touch bases. I am doing good, but I have felt hungry today. I have gratudated to full liquids and hope that helps.

I have scheduled my first fill for the 15th of October. I can't wait. I know the band is not working at first and the first six week are for healing. However, I did find that the list of doctors that I was given, very few of the doctors wants to deal with patients who went to Mexico. :teeth_smile: They really want to charge a lot of money before they let you in their clinic :shades_smile:. Finally I found one who will accept me, but it will cost me 400. for the fills each time.:thumbs_up:

There are times when I feel really good and times when I feel not so good. But I know that is expected. The ups and downs of life....

However, I know that I can get on line and know that there are you all that knows what it all like.....:biggrin:

THANKS EVERYONE:thumbup::thumbs_up::thumbup:

Pam,

I'm really sorry i haven't been on here for a while, these hurricanes are just making life miserable!

How are you doing? What stage are you in? How long were you off work?

I think that is horrible that they charge that much for a fill, but as they are necessary, what can you do?

Lifes' ups and downs are always with us, huh? If you need to share, I'm here (hopefully more now!)

I've not been doing much of anything, trying to start each day with a walk and keep my calories under control.

I've missed being able to check in here daily!

Pat

Hi Pat:

Good to hear from you. This time of the year does create a hectic time. My husband was caught in Karina on his truck and he has caught in the first and second one this year, but Ike he barely got out in time. He owns his own truck and drives mostly Florida and the lower states to Houston. We have been caught in several of the hurricanes, but Katrina has been the most severe and scariest. I was very worried about him.

I am doing good and am finally getting to eat regular food. I am needing a fill, because I am very hungry, but it is manageable right. I have went from 230 lbs to 216 as of this morning. I am walking 3 1/2 miles everyday or every other day. Weather and schedule allowing for everyday. I am feeling good and having no problems to speak of. My first fill is the 29th of September and I can't wait.

Have you gotten yours schedule yet? Where are you at in the process? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Pam

Pam,

You are doing great. You will feel much better after you get a fill. I am going for another fill on Wednesday. I travel to El Paso - about 9 hrs away from home - for my fills. It is well worth it. I am more than ready and hope this one will do me more good than the last one. But don't get discouraged because as you get the fills (and some people don't need but a couple of them, I just haven't been that lucky) you are learning and adjusting to this new lifestyle. So even when I don't feel the restriction I want, and I am not dropping the weight as fast as I want, I know I am learning. I am not gaining and I am still losing - slowly - but losing. So stay positive. Your exercise is going to pay off. Keep it up.

Cindy

Sorry for no answering sooner. I have been busy at school and its homecoming week. I really appreciate your advice and encouragement. The last couple of nights I have had the worse hunger cravings. I am can't wait for the first fill. You have relieved the stress about Dr. Kirk. Thanks.

Hi Pam,

I had my band on 9/4/08 in Juarez by Dr. Jose Rodriquez. I had an excellent experience and have had no post op problems at all. My daughter and I went in for surgery together and have each other + my hubby for support. I have lost 18 lbs to date and will go for my 1st fill Oct 16th. Good luck to you and all those who are planning to get started on a new way of life.

Judy in OKC, OK

Hi all!

Sorry for being gone again. Another hurricane and then vacation. Just getting back into the swing of things.

Pam - sounds like you are doing great! How was the fill? Feeling less hungry? How was homecoming? Hurricanes are pretty scary! I can only imagine the stress of having a loved in harms way during one.

Cindy - great attitude! Hope I can remember that this is a lifelong learning process.

Judy - Great to hear from you. How is it going? How is going with you and your daughter having it done together. My daughter and I are doing it that way too. I'd be interested to hear how it's working.

As for me, I go to see my pcp for my second weigh-in, while waiting for my appt with the surgeon. My daughter and i have an appt. on 11/20 to see him. So i'm trying to eat a bandster lifestyle, much larger portions right now. I'm walking 6 days a week for 30 minutes. Tracking everything i eat and drink on "the daily plate". And waiting!

Gotta run, have a meeting at the Armory this morning. Have a great day!

Pat

Hi my name is Sharmon I had my band 9/26/08 I have lost 12 lbs and have almost 4 weeks of experience if you would like to know what I have experienced as a newbander you can email me at Sharmons@sisqtel.net I would be happy to have someone to chat with.