Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Monday- I'm going nuts!!

I am SO stressed out! I am trying to get everything I need done in order. I was so busy today I FORGOT to go to a party that I helped plan! Hello???? What's wrong with me?

I kept running around from store to store looking for the right kind of Protein Drink. (I never found something I think I will like) I went looking for a scale and got a bunch of things done for work. I never found a scale I liked either.

Overall it's crazy around here. Anyone else have chaos right before surgery? I was trying to get everything done last week so I could just relax, but it's not happening!

I'm not sure what to do tomorrow... I still have things to do (buy a scale, rent DVD's to watch while recovering, get crystal light, clean, do laundry (since I won't be able to lift after tomorrow for awhile) and on, and on... I am pretty much freaking out now. I am also a teacher and start school in two weeks and have to be completely prepared to do that. I am 90% done, but there is ALWAYS more you could do! :mad2:

I am SO stressed out! I am trying to get everything I need done in order. I was so busy today I FORGOT to go to a party that I helped plan! Hello???? What's wrong with me?

I kept running around from store to store looking for the right kind of Protein drink. (I never found something I think I will like) I went looking for a scale and got a bunch of things done for work. I never found a scale I liked either.

Overall it's crazy around here. Anyone else have chaos right before surgery? I was trying to get everything done last week so I could just relax, but it's not happening!

I'm not sure what to do tomorrow... I still have things to do (buy a scale, rent DVD's to watch while recovering, get crystal light, clean, do laundry (since I won't be able to lift after tomorrow for awhile) and on, and on... I am pretty much freaking out now. I am also a teacher and start school in two weeks and have to be completely prepared to do that. I am 90% done, but there is ALWAYS more you could do! :mad2:

I know exactly what you are going through. I am scheduled to be at the hospital at 10 a.m. Monday morning for my surgery. I (unlike you) haven't been running all over town though. lol I haven't packed the first thing yet, still doing laundry (guess I'll finish it tomorrow after I get home from church), got to get the house cleaned, get the kids cloths out for Tuesday since I wont be here (my mom is getting all 4 kids off to school for me Tuesday), got to go pick up some grocries for next week (which I don't really want to do since I wont be able to eat them), but hey, everyone else has to eat huh. The only thing that I have completely done and ready for is I went and got my meds filled. Does anyone else have to bring your pain meds with you for post-op pains? My advise to anyone having surgery in the next few days, sit back, take a deep deep breath, and relax for a few seconds and not get caught up in all the Choas. OH and don't forget to let that deep deep breath out hehehe. Good luck to you on Monday, hey we can be band buddies since we are having it done on the same day. I'm going to Knoxville, Tn to have mine done. How about you, where are you having yours done?

My surgery is in a week, I've been buying little by little each time I go to the store, but I know I'll be in the same situation as you this time next week!

Teacher here too, and I have surgery in 3 weeks and having 2 weeks school break to recover and organise my brain and eating. I have also been taking time to cook and freeze little packages of homemade vegie Soup. I have stocked to on Protein Powder to make shakes and have in a good supply of vegetable juice, so when I am left my own devises I won't fall into any bad habits. I want to follow the rules as best I can so I can achieve the best possible outcome. So take a deep breath, and good luck with your surgery.

Update:

I am so much better today! I am feeling very excited and hopeful! I have bought a new scale today (one the the things I didn't do yesterday in my frenzy) and look forward to an evening with friends to ease my mind... thanks for your responses, everyone!