Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, I had the Lapband on Monday Aug 11. Everything feels good. I had a lot of gas pain and that has been going away. I am having very sharp pains where the port was placed. How bad was this for everyone? Thanks!

Edited by underyellowmoon

Most my pain if not all comes from the port site. Are you still taking your pain meds? i am just for my port pain. i also think people expect to be pain free and healed very fast b/c it is a laproscopic surgery but i say give yourself at least 2 weeks before feeling 100&. Because, laprocopic or not we still had a major surgery with a foreign object now placed in our body. Give youself time to heal. :thumbup:

I was banded on August 14th. My port site is very sore! My stomach muscles hurt. I feel myself tense up around my shoulders and neck trying to keep the area straight. When I bend or slump over it's hard to straighten back up.

I will be watching this thread for other posts.

i had my surgery aug 4th and my port was the most painful of the incisions. it has gotten much better but still a little sore but not enough to complain. i would suggest wearing loose fitting pants like stretch or thin material sweats if you can cause i notice more discomfort when i wear pants with zippers and buttons. my biggest complaint of pain or discomfort would be the tightness i felt in my upper stomach wear the band is. it was from the gas/air and swelling at the band site inside. that has gone, thank goodness. otherwise, i feel pretty normal unless my port site feels tender. good luck on your new journey!!

I think it is pretty common. It is where the band was passed through and they attach the port so it stays in place.

That is where most of my pain has been coming from. I had a horrible day about one week post-op, had to take pain meds again just to relax. The rest of my incisions have not hurt at all. I can feel the port 'pulling' when I walk or do anything too strenuous - I am sure it will get less distracting as everything heals.

I was banded on August 14th. My port site is very sore! My stomach muscles hurt. I feel myself tense up around my shoulders and neck trying to keep the area straight. When I bend or slump over it's hard to straighten back up.

I will be watching this thread for other posts.

Hey Paula,

I was banded the same day and also have pain around the port site. To get up out of bed or off a chair is painful. I am hoping it calms down by Monday when I go back to work.

Hey Paula,

I was banded the same day and also have pain around the port site. To get up out of bed or off a chair is painful. I am hoping it calms down by Monday when I go back to work.

I too had port pain. I felt like the biggest baby, bc most ppl were saying they felt fine. I felt like crap! It lasted a little less than two weeks. I couldn't get out of bed unassisted for 4-6 days. I felt awful, but it does pass. Now, I feel great.

Fortunately, I didn't have tooooo much gas pain. I hear that the gas pain is horrible. Each person is different.

eszymanski,

I go back to work on Monday too. I'm hoping most of this pain is gone by then.

I really need to go to the bathroom but I'm unable to (sorry if that's TMI) . I'm sure that would help with the gas.

Good luck!

I am one week post op and when I stand up I have a lot of port side pain too. I have a lot of brusing around two of my incisions I am thinking some of my pain is from that. I am glad to see some of these posts saying it will go away. I just really want to feel normal again...I know it will take some healing time. Thanks everyone!