Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can barely eat 1/4 cup of food!

I had a 2 cc's fill on Wednesday, August 13. I did liquids and mushies that night and the next day. I could hardly eat any dinner last night...felt very uncomfortable. This morning I cooked 1/4 cup of diced 98% fat free ham, and 1/4 cup of egg beaters. I could not even eat 2 tlbs of it! I am chewing well, waiting in between bites...but each bite makes me feel uncomfortable. I mean, don't get me wrong, at this rate I could lose 2 pounds per day; but that isn't the way to go. Advice?

My lapband doctor once told me "Don't ever let yourself get too tight.. you WILL be miserable". And, oddly after two months my fill got unbearably too tight when I got stressed about something... I started throwing up and couldn't even barely get my safe food down (Wendy's chili). Which I can always get down... During that time I also didn't lose any weight at all because I wasn't getting hardly any calories down. I immediately got an unfill and boy, am I happy. I've lost 5 lbs just since the unfill ... I've never been happier. You could just be having some swelling from the fill, but if in a few days you are still having these problems, just get a slight unfil of like .5 or so. Don't let yourself get miserable. We didnt' get this band to starve to death...

Good luck!

i had a 2 cc's fill on wednesday, august 13. I did liquids and mushies that night and the next day. I could hardly eat any dinner last night...felt very uncomfortable. This morning i cooked 1/4 cup of diced 98% fat free ham, and 1/4 cup of egg beaters. I could not even eat 2 tlbs of it! I am chewing well, waiting in between bites...but each bite makes me feel uncomfortable. I mean, don't get me wrong, at this rate i could lose 2 pounds per day; but that isn't the way to go. Advice?

believe it or not i envy you~~i had 1/2cc fill last week-my 4th in 10 months...i was on the wait list 6 weeks for that. And the doc that was filling in was a jerk.he talked down to me like i was a drug seeking teenager-and i m 60.!

I was calling in a week later for help-no difference in the restriction from before the fill.i can eat almost anything~but don t~~i m hungry all the time~but limit myself to 1/2-3/4 cup soft stuff.i need a fill and want a different dr.

I can t get in at this clinic again until mid october---and i will not see him again!

i have only lost 1 1/2 #in 3 months and have reflux for the 1st time in 10 months.:)

Edited by JoJoBanana
additional info

I had a 2 cc's fill on Wednesday, August 13. I did liquids and mushies that night and the next day. I could hardly eat any dinner last night...felt very uncomfortable. This morning I cooked 1/4 cup of diced 98% fat free ham, and 1/4 cup of egg beaters. I could not even eat 2 tlbs of it! I am chewing well, waiting in between bites...but each bite makes me feel uncomfortable. I mean, don't get me wrong, at this rate I could lose 2 pounds per day; but that isn't the way to go. Advice?

I had my first fill yesterday and I most def have restriciton, but not to that degree. I just now have to eat very slow and chew, chew, chew... It sounds like they may have over filled you. Did you have it done fluro or just regular... ???

I know how you feel. Two weeks ago I got my first fill and I felt the same way you do right now. I was on Clear Liquids for 2 days, full liquids for another two days and then I started with soft foods. It took me a full week to be able to eat any solids. That first day I felt miserable, so I called the doctor and told me that my stomach was very swollen and to stick with just ice cubes for that day. I'm starting my 3rd week after the fill and I feel great. I have a pretty good restriction. I've lost 13 lbs so far. I'm able to eat just about anything but I have a hard time with any kind of bread and red meat. I do try to eat red meat but I'm trying to do white meat instead.

Be patient you'll do better in a few days

remember that first thing in the morning, you will be tight. cause your stomach swells in the middle of the night so your band will be tighter. it is okay to skip Breakfast because of this.

Okay, you just got a fill. Don't get excited; it sounds okay to me. You will probably loosen up in a week or so. Eat good, nourishing foods and you should be fine. If you are still unable to eat anything, or are pbing on liquids or ALL foods, get an unfill.

Most of us are much tighter in the morning than in the evening.

It may end up that you really are too tight, but it is too soon to tell. At this point, relax.

It is normal to feel tighter in the morning, I can never eat anything except Protein Shakes in the am. Swelling occurs at night and this is very normal. I have found that when I feel like I can't eat anymore, if I get up and walk around, that feeling goes away and I can take a few more bites. My brain just can't deal with only eating 3 bites of my dinner and being done, beside, I don't feel that is healthy either. Walking helps alot.

The point of the surgery is to lose weight. Try some slim fast for a day or so and see if you still feel this way. After a fill, I was not hungry anyway.

Hi all, this has helped me as well because I had my second fill two days ago as well and I am having some trouble. I couldn't get a bit of cottage cheese down this morning and I didn't realize before that the morning can be difficult because your stomach swells. I am on Soup and will stick it out a few days and see what happens!

remember that first thing in the morning, you will be tight. cause your stomach swells in the middle of the night so your band will be tighter. it is okay to skip Breakfast because of this.

I am so glad you posted this. I wondered why I was so tight in the mornings. :sad: That is why I started really just drinking a Protein shake or eating yogurt in the morning because anything else would be a problem. I never could understand why it was even hard for me to drink or eat the shake or yogurt. :confused2: Thanks for the insight.:thumbup:

It is normal to feel tighter in the morning, I can never eat anything except Protein shakes in the am. Swelling occurs at night and this is very normal. I have found that when I feel like I can't eat anymore, if I get up and walk around, that feeling goes away and I can take a few more bites. My brain just can't deal with only eating 3 bites of my dinner and being done, beside, I don't feel that is healthy either. Walking helps alot.

Woodsy, Just be careful that you don't still in up eating the same amount of food that you did pre-surgery. That is a mistake some have made and this will defeat the purpose. But as long as you got it under control you should be fine.:thumbup:

Banded 12/17/07

244.5S/185C/165G

Birmingham, AL

I'm a little concerned..I see a few people acting like it's okay to not eat and to live on shakes and not be hungry at all. The point of this band is not to turn us into anorexics... perfect restriction is having the ability to eat a small healthy meal.. not live on shakes. Yes, in the morning you are tighter, but you can still eat something .. I can get down some tuna... or some yogurt or oatmeal with fruit... at breakfast time and I can eat a small healthy salad with grilled chicken... and chilis/soups...for lunches and dinners.. Heck, last night I had sushi.. If you can't eat normal foods you are not being responsible with this band. This band is not to make it to where we can barely eat.. if that's what you think, you're wrong... I don't crave what I use to eat like breads and fried foods.. all of that is gone.. and I'm satisfied with a small meal.. that's what the band is for.

Sounds about right to me (for the morning anyway). I suggest drinking one or two high Protein Shakes (with low carb content) for breakfast. That way you will get a good slug of Protein in the morning. You should be able to eat a little more at lunch and a little more than that at supper. I am so tight in the mornings that I have a hard time getting a Protein Shake down. But later on I can eat just fine, sometimes maybe even a cup of food- but generally just about 1/2 cup of food at a time. But I think that is what we should be eating - about 1/2 cup of food at a time.

UPDATE...well, it seems to be getting worse instead of better. It's a real effort to get the Protein in. I've thrown up two out of three dinners recently. The first one, not too bad, but last-night...all. I'm worried about not being able to eat normally (even with excessive chewing). I did have a Protein shake last night and did fine. I have another fill appointment on September 2nd and I am pretty sure I'm going to cancel that. But, on the positive side...I really don't feel hungry and I'm getting great compliments on my weight loss!!

QUESTION: I always use light soy milk (vanilla flavored) to make (mix with) my Protein shakes (from the powder)...does anyone use just Water and are they (still) good?