Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had my heart broken....

Thank you! Everyone! I need all the support now. He just did a 360 on me and told me he wasn't attracted to me at all....That hurt...but i am trying to be strong and jst i cannot stop crying....but i am trying my hardest...i was bad and went and had a dunkins Decaf ice coffee with a friend and it was great!

Please do not turn to food for comfort. (not that iced decaf is bad) He is the jerk. Hang in there. In time you will see you are much better off without him. Did you talk to your doctor yet? Let us know how you are doing.

I'm one of those assholes of the male gender. I've had the pain that leaves you hollow and you think that life's just not worth the effort. I'm into my third marriage and had six other engagements broken off. I swore off women for ten years after my second divorce. Africa for three years, Alaska for two, then lived on a Korean tuna boat in the West Pacific for three years. Every woman viewed me as almost. There were several good things about me and they could correct the other faults. I was a fixer upper. My current wife of ten years doesn't think like that. It's blissful.:blush:

Ma'am it hurts when you care about someone more than they care about you. It tears your guts out. I know that feeling well. Nothing I can say will make it go away. Here's the deal. It will go go away in time. You will recover. You will be able to look back and wonder. Right now the best thing you can do is throw yourself into something to not dwell on it. You have one thing you can throw yourself into, taking care of you and your health. By the time you've arrived at your goal life style and weight, this will be better. Then you'll have to watch out for those males with one thing on their mind...your great smile.

Bonne Chance

David:biggrin2:

Men can be so thoughtless. What a jerk to leave you just after surgery. Try and look to the future, you will look so good you won't have to worry about guys like him.

hi there, don't be, hes not worth it, be happy this is how life is o will pray ,god to give u what u need not what u want, i will pray 4 u too. be strong. God Bless You

Edited by bmaria78

Every woman viewed me as almost. There were several good things about me and they could correct the other faults. I was a fixer upper. My current wife of ten years doesn't think like that. It's blissful.:blush:

David, you are an absolute doll! I'm on my third marriage after having chosen singledom for 9 years. I'm soooo happy that I took the time to get to know myself better. As my wedding statements said when I got married last year "maybe I had to find all of the wrong people so that I would immediately know the right one." My hubby adores me no matter what I look like, how temperamental I am (I have bi-polar disorder, treated), and how many cats I came with even though he is a dog person!

Just like with my weight, I sure made a bunch of poor choices and false starts. I sure thought, so many times, that this would be the way/one. Hang in there everyone...success is on the way!

David, how good of you to jump in and give such sound advice. David is right, and another example of how there are good and caring men out there. You just have to find the right one. Your Ex wasn't. You should be thanking him for not wasting any more of your time. I know, I gave 5 1/2 years of my life to Mr. Wrong. Thankfully, God was saving my Mr. Forever for me. :wink2:

I am so sorry for your loss, but he doesn't know what he's missing. Just remember what goes around comes around someone will do him the same when he least expects it. Hang in there he wasn't the one if he is going to treat you that way, everything happens for a reason someone up there w/ bigger powers is watching over you. Take care dear/ I'm here for you your friend. Barbara

Well at least he stepped aside so we could all be by your side now, and he made room for that special someone to come along.

That came from a session with my shrink when i was talking about my ex he left me so many times to cheat then came back until i told him enough was enough but i was living with regret...my shrink said if you waste your time looking back to a cheater you will miss the time when someone comes along that is right.

And he (my shrink) also was very supportive about my surgery and how it was an opportunity to take control over my life again and live.

So it hurts and you can cry and scream and curse and throw things and let it out cus that is natural, and an iced drink is not gonna set you back...at least it wasn't a donut and a drink, you stuck to your liquids,

so we've all been there and understand so let it out and let us in...the first step was to reach out to us....

good job!!!:)

Men suck! So sorry you are going through such emotional pain in addition to the physical discomfort. Maybe this was meant to be? He sounds like an ass.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I wish there was something I could say or do to help you.

You will get through this and you will be a stronger person for it. He is not worth crying over. Just think, if he did this to you, he probably had done it to her and will continue. These types of guys do not change. (Trust me, I was once married to one)

Believe in yourself, your family and your friends. They will be there for you during this "rough" time.

Remember - this is all about you, not some stupid jerk that isn't worth it.

Hugs

Like David said, even though it hurts so much now, someday you will look back and ask yourself "WTF was I doing with that jerk?!?"