Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone being banded in belgium?

Hi angie

Yeah thats the hotel name b/fast isnt included in price but its available i think maybe €10 or they can get it at the hospital frederik said its just so people have a choice where to eat and when they want to and yes someone waits for u in arrivals to take u where to ur hotel it saves the hassle of trying to find where ur going

ursula

Thanks Ursula!

i will wait to hear from Frederik now before booking anything. hopefully he will contact me soon! let you know how i get on!

your banding day is getting really close now!!!!!! i am sure you just can't wait!!!!!!

angiexx

Oh i cant wait as right this day 2wks the deed will be done just hope everything go's well... i mailed frederik wed nite and still no word back im flat out buying i got my wee pill crusher to crush my skin,hair and nail Vitamins their top of my list have to look after my hair and i got a tonic as well to take got a new suitcase and still more to get il be out a fortune

Ursula x

hi Ursula ! you are busy!!!!!!!!! can you tell me what the Vitamins are?? my hair is really thin since i had chemotherapy a few years ago and my hair never grew back as thick on top!! lol! but it is so important to me that it doesn't get any thinner! where did you get advice on the pill crusher and Vitamins etc?

angie x

Hi i was reading on here bout people looking for and taking chewable or liquid multi Vitamins but they aint as good as ur normal multi Vitamin the ones i have are specially for skin hair and nails so i took it into my head bout crushing them and taking them on a spoon of yoghurt i asked the pharmist would it be ok and she said yeah its a great idea and u can get the pill crusher in a chemist it was only €4 the Vitamins are perfectal skin,hair and nails they also are a multi Vitamin as they have evrything in them and i got a tonic called metatone it helps after illness and just to prevent being tired and run down chemist said its good and no harm to take

ursula x

Hi Ursula!

oh thank you for all of your brill advice!!!!!!! really don't know what i would have done with out you"!!! hope we can eventually meet when we go for our fills some day!!

angie xx

Oh i wouldnt class it brill advice its just exactly what im doing... Oh on here everyone is on about slim fast and Protein shakes after the op i mailed dr chris asking should i buy some for when i get home he said not unless they are low cal and fat but he said he wouldnt recomend them and they are expensive just incase u were gona buy them like me... But yeah we will defo meet up even if it wasnt at fills... Id say ur all excited u have ur date it all happens so quickly

Ursula xx

HI Ursula!

i wonder if you can tell me how you paid the deposit to frederik? i know i am totally green and stupid!!!! but do you do it through your bank or can you pay them at Dr Chris' consultation in Dublin??

angie xx

Hi you have to pay the deposit through ur bank u need all the info of his bank name, address and his company name, address also the account number the bank give u a form to fill out im sure it should be the same the north as here... Frederik just mailed me there are no trebble rooms left so i have to get 2rooms now so im now paying €4250 or he could of offered me another hotel at the same price i was paying first but i think the campanile has a better location and alot iv been talking to stayed in it and liked it

Hi Ursula!!

sorry i.m only getting back now! been busy running teenagers all over the country ! lol!!

Frederik has agreed to let me pay the 400 euro at the consultation in Dublin! so this a lot less hassle!

can't believe i am getting this done! It has all happened so fast!! i was out shopping for clothes today with my daughter and seeing all the pretty 'little' clothes made me feel more determined to go through with this and made me realise that it's definately the right decision!!

Also i saw my back 'view' in the mirrors of Evans!!! Am i really that big?????????!!!

Angiexxx

Ah thats great angie getting to pay deposit at consultation cos them forms bank are tricky to fill out and u need so much info to put on them... Oh il be home from belgium this day 2wks cant beleive it time will fly for me now im just so nervous bout the pre op diet i havnt done much so i think i may go on a liquid diet from tomorro till op im a dope i should have started it earlied im getting all upset now that i havnt im near getting panic attacks over it... Oh i know what u mean by the mirrors in evans haha im not going to buy any new clothes id like to hold out till xmas all i plan buying between now an then is tracksuits i love them and even if they get baggy its ok to wear them like that i cant stop thinking about what il look like and what il wear its so so exciting i havnt cut dwn smoking yet either it has to be the worst time to cut down with nerves and all...

Ursula xXx

Don't worry too much about the pre op diet !! you will be fine!! you still have plenty of time to get started! no point beating yourself up over it!!! and anyway Dr Chris didn't stipulate a set diet! just said low fat so you don't need to be too extreme!

I know what you mean about the cigarettes!!!!!!! funny thing is it was my blood pressure that triggered this whole thing off a couple of weeks ago!! it was so high that my medication had to be instantly upped and i have had to attend my doctor every 2 days for checks etc! i was so shocked at the time that i gave the fags up the very next day! and will now be off them 2 weeks tomorrow!!

It was my doctor who suggested the band cos losing the weight would help with my health problems! i hadn't even considered it til then lol!! Knowing that i am going to get this done in the next 4 weeks has given me determination to kick the cigarettes once and for all, and my doctor said that i should look on the positive side! at least i don't have to worry about putting on weight by giving up!!!!

Don't want to buy many clothes either! but going back to college just before my operation and need a couple of things to tide me over til i thinner!! I am lucky though! i kept all my "thinner' clothes from the last time i lost weight! so i have plenty of size 16 and 18s which will hopefully fit me by christmas!!

When do you intend to go down for your first fill? i think his next time here is around the 11th of October or so? this will be too soon for my first fill, which means i will have to wait til November!! that will be about 6 weeks!!!! OH well! nothing i can do about that!

Have you ever used the chat room on this site?

Oh by the way! my msn is angiecurran70@hotmail.co.uk

hang in there!! not too long now!

angiexxx

Oh well done on the cigs... Oh i hope he isnt here the 11th i was hopin it would be earler my mates wedding that day... no not long at all this day 2wks il be coming home from belgium im gona get shakes tomorro and do them see how i get on it'l be to my advantage if i do them and lose a few lbs before the op as well as shrinking the liver oh im excited now i have become obsessed with this lap top looking up everything about the op im never off haha

Oh i added u to msn

Ursula xXx