Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I finally made it. I was banded on July 31st and I'm just starting to get back to "normal". I think my biggest mistake was underestimating the amount of pain that is caused by the gas used during surgery. Luckily it was almost completely gone by the next day. For a few days I was in quite a bit of pain (at least more than I expected) but now it's mostly just a sort of muscle ache. So far I'm not really hungry but I am finding myself getting a little depressed at times when I see others eating. It's not so much missing food as it is missing that since or normancy. Hopefully I will be able to continue to find good advice through this forum.

I was also banded on July 31st, and boy do i agree with you about that gas. I didn't expect it to be as bad as it was. I guess everyone is different and some people don't have it that bad. I am on full liquids now as per my doctors instructions. Today was the first day in 2weeks that i really felt like having a normal meal. I guess that will come with time. I too am doing the right thing but getting kinda down about it.

Sue

I was banded on Monday august 4th. and yes I too under estimated the amount of gas pain, YIKES. but it is better today. I still have gas pains like i need to burp all the time, is that normal?

I too was banded on july 31 and today nis the first day that I haven't felt the need for a pain pill. The shoulder pain was actually tolerable today. The burps still give me a sharp pain in tthe chest but I am learning to deal with that. I am concerned about the amount of food intaake and thinking I may be taking in too much. Its not really food, but the Full liquid diet, and I find that in order to get all my protewin in that I have to eat like 6 times a day. I try to boost the protien but it seems only the sweet Protein Drinks have the most and I am so sick of sweet shakes and stuff.

hey Jeremy,

I like your idea of 6 times per day. I have been trying to get 20 to 25 ounces three times a day. and I think its giving me a tummy ache. I am going to try your way. I dont have alot of pain, but the burping hurts. I hope that will go away soon. I got dehydrated and that feels horrible, dizzy, shaky yuck, so I am really trying to get all those liquids in. keep me posted on your progress.

I had surgery on July 30th. The day after surgery was the worst for me. It has been a little better everyday since. I don't really have the urge to eat, but for the first time in a long time I heard my stomache growl. That was exciting for me. I am so worried that when I am able to eat regular food that I am going to overeat, and I don't want that pain. I think that learning to eat again is going to be the hardest part for me.

I also was banded on July 31st! I am feeling sooo much better today but I really am ready to move on to Mushies. All the gas is finally gone and the shoulder pain has not crept back up! If anybody wants advice walk walk walk! IT HELPS!

The hard part now is the mental hunger and wanting foods that I should be avoinding. I took every Fiber in my being yesterday to not lick:tt2: one of my boyfriends Doritos! LOL

Hey everyone, Finally got out of the house today to Celebrate my one week anniversary of the "BAND'. Not really, I had a meeting I had to go to tonight so I left about 4 hrs early so I would have time toi visit my sister and my brother and wife also. Of course there was the Hell Mart stop too. For some reason I have not been inclined to tell very many people about my being banded. MY Husband and sons and daughter-in-laws, my sister (told her to not even tell her husband) and 2 close friends, one of which was banded a year and half ago. I also have 4 brothers that do not know and we are all very close, but I just wanted to stay as private as possible. If the rest of my girldfriends ever find out They are going to be so mad, but there are about 10 more close ones and with that many females it woul be imposssible to keep a secret. Do you all think I am being too secretive? Didn't mean to write a novel here, Sorry. Any way, one week post=op and the shoulder pain is gone as is most of the burps. It gets better every day.

Hi all,

I was banded Monday, Aug 4th. It was a long trip home from Mexico to Canada, but GasX saved my day! that, and "walking it off" seemed to help.

I was surprised that I haven't lost any pounds after 3 days of liquids!??

Anyone else have the same?