Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August marchies!

Gwen,

Had we known I'd certainly would have met up with you! I did that last year on my vacation in Cap Cod. I met up with a woman from LapbandTalk from California. She and I still write frequently.

You should go back to school if you want to. There's so much in this world to learn. I love it.

Oh, and here's a pick of me from Sunday, getting my Bachelor's degree. I'm wearing a size 14P! Me! OMG, that's the real story.

I love my band.

compporch.jpg

compcords.jpg

Julie, Look how darn cute you are in your cap and gown.

You should be so proud.

So I want to poll you guys:

At any given time since having the lapband put on(other than complications do to a complete unfill and weight gain) what is the most you have gone up in weight???? I would love to know, now that you guys are about 18 months out and getting close to your goal weight, can you pretty much use the band to maintain????

Janine,

I flucutate about 3-4 pounds if I'm not mindful. Meaning if I'm not diligent about eating well, my weight pops up a few pounds, it will stay there and then drop quickly when I eat well for a few days.

Is that what you wanted to know?

and thanks. I am proud.

Janine, I have only lost about 40 lbs, but I do go up and down usually 3 or 4 lbs then it goes down. I just don't lose to fast, but I have stayed down so thats really good. I go to the "Y" a couple of times a week and I think its helping. I really hate going,but I'm doing it. I probably need to add some different excerises to my daily routine. So don't think it has to go down all the time, I think lots of things influence our bodies.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Carol

Hi Everyone. Recently my highest weight gain has been 10lbs. I too start to lose that quickly when I start eating right. Like now, I've lost 5 of the 10lbs I put on. And that's been over the last 7 days. I expect to lose the last 5lbs by the end of the month. Then I'll start losing regularly again.

When we reach our goal weight, it'll be more of a challenge to maintain that weight.

I'll also will be increasing my gym routine. A few co-workers have joined the gym by work and we plan to dedicate one day in the week to go. So, I'm hoping I'll be at my goal weight by anniversy year 2.

I'm also going back to incorporating more fish into my diet. When I did this for lent I lost weight more regularly than when I was eating meat (chicken, turkey and some red meat).

Juli, I will be signing up for a class somewhere. When I think of going back to school, it's always to college. I'm not really interested in getting a degree, just to take a class in something. So, I'm signing up at one of the community centers//learning annex. Thanks.

I'm having trouble eating and keeping food down again. I'm going to make an appt. w/ my doctor when he returns from vacation. I can feel my band port more as I lose weight. And it's kinda of scaring me. It feels like it has turned or something. So, he's going to have to tell me that's normal or something is wrong.

Like tonight I had 2oz of a piece of lamb chop and some creamed vegggie (corn, green Beans w/ onions and garlic). I struggled to eat the meat and forced myself to eat the veggies. That took more than 30min. to eat.

Well Good Nite To All and Have a Great Weekend if I don't get to log on over the weekend.

Back from Vegas!!! I actually got back tuesday evening but have been busy trying to unpack and get my books for school, pay for classes etc...

I had a great time.. but Vegas is evil when your not at that sweet spot.. i gained like 5lbs!!!! but thats ok... im down 2lbs already so no biggie... i go for a fill on thurseday and my surgeon is going to put me back to the fill where i was at.. close to 9cc's(my sweet spot!!!)

If anyone goes to Vegas you have to go see the Chippendales it was a lot of fun!!!:)

JeniwithChippendales.jpg

HUBBA, HUBBA,

You know we're all jealousy of you. Looks like you had a really good time. It won't take long to get those 5 lbs off. Mostly like some of it is Water weight. Way to much salt in most food we eat out. Glad you had a good time. Good luck with the fill and school.

Carol

Hi All, Glad you had fun in Vegas Jeni. You look like you just snuggled up into his arm.

Looking at yours and Juli's pictures, you two look to be about the same size.

I'm so happy with my size I get to buy new clothes for the winter. I really have nothing to wear. Even my coats don't fit anymore.

So, I'm really inspired to get back into the swing of things. Still having issues with some foods. And it's taking me longer to finish one meal. Like today I started eating lunch at 11:45am and didn't finish till 2:30pm. I eat then need to stop then begin again. So, I'm concerned that I'm not getting in all of my claories for the day. So, I have something else to tell the dr. when I see him next month.

Well, hope to read good reults from everyone.

Thank you ladies.. I had a wonderful time.. and yes i did snuggle in!!! :crying:

And i am currently wearing 14/16 depending on company... and juli said he size dress was 14p... so yes we are about the same size..

Juli You look great!!!!

I had my first Class today (sociology) You know the first day of every class is uneventful and sometimes dull... but it wasn't to bad... I have Pyschology (human development) tommorow morning.. Im very much looking forward to it.... It will benefit me now while im at my current job.. help me understand how the little ones and my work are growing up developing!!

I will keep you ladies updated!!

Hi All, went to the gym and dance class tonight. Had a great time and it felt good. Next week my regular dance class starts. And all the new and returning people will start coming into the gym. That'll last for a month or two, then they will start to dwindle out and the real gym people will be left.

I'm not a fan of doing any exercises on the floor. But tonight two exercises I need to pay close attention to. One the superman stretch and the plank. If I'm not carefull I tend to lay on the band and cause discomfort. I have to adjust the band and position it not to hurt when I lay on my stomach. Like adjusting your breasts when it's in your bra.

Well, I plan to get to the gym twice more this week. Then I'll be really pumped for the fall/winter sessions.

Take care all.

Gwen,

I hear you about laying on you tummy and getting the port in the right place.

I also have issues when I do a leg press, since all my belly is scrunched up before I extend my legs.

It's nothing major, just annoying. But look at us, talking about the gym.

Jeni,

Sounds like you'll enjoy those classes. I'm sorry if you said this before, but what are you going to school for?

J

Gwen,

I hear you about laying on you tummy and getting the port in the right place.

I also have issues when I do a leg press, since all my belly is scrunched up before I extend my legs.

It's nothing major, just annoying. But look at us, talking about the gym.

Jeni,

Sounds like you'll enjoy those classes. I'm sorry if you said this before, but what are you going to school for?

J

definately agree with the whole position the port thing.. it can be ucomfortable if you dont:cursing:

but juli im actually a Certified Medical Assistant and im going back to school for Nursing to get R.N. behind my name :smile2:

Hope everyone has a great labor day weekend. I hope to get some scrapbooking done and enjoy this last weekend of the summer. Have fun everyone.

Carol

Hello all. Haven't been on here in quite a while. Looks like everyone is doing well. To answer the poll. So far I haven't put on any substancial weight. One or two pounds, but I can do that from morning to night. On the other hand, I am a member of the slow losers club, as you can tell. Slow but sure is a better road to be on than the one I was on before being banded. I have a couple of friends that lost 100lbs or more the first year but I just couldn't do it. I have to work on my relationship that I have with food all the time. It is getting a little better, but still have issues. That is why I am such a slow loser. Just have to keep plugging along. Everyone take care!