Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

I just want to say to goodbye to all! I was approved for the gastric bypass and I rarely see anyone on here that has had the bypass so I guess I need to bow out gracefully. I wish you all the best of luck with getting banding! I was denied because my BMI was too high. We ran it through for bypass basically just to see what BCBSNC would do, and sure enough they approved it in 2 days. I know this was meant be because I've had this in the lords hands from the very beginning. I wish everyone the best of luck!!!!!!!!

Wow, based on your ticker, it doesn't look like you have nearly as much to lose as some do. I have BCBS in Ohio and it's interesting to see how each state is different. I was approved for the band without any questions. Good luck to you. I'm glad that you did get approved for GB. I know you must be excited. :teeth_smile:

why would you need to leave suppport is support you are having the same thing basically only they are removing instead of inserting.

why couldnt we be support for you too????

but good luck anyhow dont see why you need to go.:teeth_smile::confused2::rolleyes:

I have a looooooot more to lose than you and my insurance said they would approve as long as I did a 6 month diet first....very odd.

Anyway good luck.

I wish you the best of luck on your weight-loss journey! :thumbup:

I don't think you need to leave the boards-- you acted on your doctor's advice, made the right choice for you, and that's what counts--but either way, congratulations.

Hope I'm not being too nosey... But I was approved for the GB and was suppose to have surgery today and changed my mind last Thursday to be banded instead. What is your BMI? I have Cigna and I had to go through a 6 month diet trial also. Just wonder how they make their decisions.

My original BMI was 53 and I needed it to be below 50 in order for BCBS to say the band would not be experimental. They said that I would not lose enough weight with the band in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle. So that pretty much told us that they wanted me to do the gastric bypass. Sure enough just after 2 days they approved me. I really thought that most on here were in bandland and I would be the outcast. I will stay.... This has been the best place I've found so far!!!! Thanks to all for your support! I was really comfortable with the lapband because I have a almost 3 year old and I wanted to be sure I live through all this to be around for him. But I know that GOD is behind me all the way! After all, He is the one that made all of this possible!

P.S. I need to update my ticker too, I've lost enough now to be approved for the band, but I am taking the path that the lord gave me!

Edited by brandilf

I started at a BMI of 61.9 and even at that bmi they would band me...now I am at 58.8 and still shrinking more but slowly. Your insurance is odd. I wish you luck though.

I think that you are right, God had a different plan but the results it the same in the long run, a longer and healthier life to watch your baby grow up and give you a hard time. ;-) (I have 2 teenagers) But why leave? I love the support and info I get from this site, yeah we talk bands but some of the same issues and questions arise for bypasses too. Stick with us. We'll miss you too much.

I too was told by one doctor that my BMI (52) was too high for banding, but after joining LBT I saw many people with BMI's much higher how had been banded and have lost weight. Therefore, I have looked for another doctor because my insurance did not have that restriction based on my BMI. I have lost weight and am now below 50 BMI, so I'm glad I stuck with it.

Good luck wih your GBP. You are doing the right thing for your health and to be around as your child grows up.

Amen! I could not have said that any better. Sounds like we all need each and each others prayers.