Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Officially banded and feeling great!!!

Hi All! Thanks so much for all the well wishes:) This are going amazing! I will post my surgery story in a different threat, hopefully setting peoples mind at ease. Having this forum has been so helpful and so supportive I can't thank you all enough and now I can support all of you. Let see if I can answer the posts. I have to update my ticker, as of the morning of the surgery I hit my 20 lb mark. It ended up being 19 at the surgeons office when I had clothes on:) :teeth_smile:

Shamrockgirl-I think it was time for Manny to go. I will always be thankful for what he has done for this team, but I have to think that his little antics were distracting to the other team mates. I think that Jason Bay is a little cutie and you can see the desire to play in his offense and defense. He knows what big shoes he has to fill, but so far he is on fire. I hope Papi is okay with his buddy being traded though:) I'd be happy to talk to your friend-feel free to have her contact me. I can't say enough good about the team and the hospital. They were fabulous.

jaydeesmjk-I usually can't spell when I'm "normal" so it must have been the meds that helped me to get it right:biggrin:

vegasgirl-they are getting a letter and some type of gift. They were amazing. They were so calming and were so good about me being comfortable and not rushing me to leave. I'm big about writing letters for good jobs, none of us get enough of those:)

David-keep the faith brother:) You'll do really great. None of us are ahead or behind-we are all together. The surgery dates may be different, but we will all be in the same boat in 6 months when we are all shadows of our previous selves.

NaniRose-I missed seeing you Wednesday!! We have to set up a walking party for the ladies in our group:) I'll get on that ticker:)

I'll start typing now to give you all the story-keep an eye out for a new thread. Thanks again everyone for your support-it really means a lot:smile:

Moe

Moe I'm so glad to hear everything went so well for you. You deserve an easy run, because you've amazing support to many of us!

Moe~

Way to go! I can't believe how quickly you are up and around. I hope my surgery goes that well!

Thanks!~ I'm really glad to have the "August All-Stars" to back me up through this journey! I have about 3 lbs more and it will top my highest amount of weight lost at any one time....That is sooooo huge!! I love the band:) Moe

Thanks!~ I'm really glad to have the "August All-Stars" to back me up through this journey! I have about 3 lbs more and it will top my highest amount of weight lost at any one time....That is sooooo huge!! I love the band:) Moe

Wow your doing so great, I will talk to my friend I am trying to get her to post here. I am going to call her tomorrow. She's very excited to do this also. I am so happy and calm about the surgery. I dont' know how I will feel on Thursday morning LOL. But now I am calm.....

I agree with you on Manny, they were discussing the problems the team has had with him this year. He seemed to not be playing well on purpose, he was throwing the games. The players were very unhappy and it showed with their playing, Manny is Manny that's a cop out, I do think he needs Prozac or lithium I do think he's bi-polar.

I love Jason Bay he's adorable, I saw in the stands the girls are going nutz for him...."The Bay Watch Babes" isn't' that cute.

He's a better fielder than Manny and we still have Big Poppi to hit. I just hope Manny doesn't' try to persuade him to leave, I doubt it.

Go Red Sox 2008

2007 World Series Champions

Go Patriots 2008

Congratulations World Champion

Boston Celtics 2008

:cool2: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Shamrockgirl60

Moe, I was joking about being in your rear view mirrow. I was more exasperated because I'd wasted nearly three months getting it done. When I turned 50 the AARP sent me a document titled the ten commandments of growing old gracefully. Number one is, "it doesn't matter." Wish I'd taken that to heart when I was 30. Would have saved a lot of heart burn and perhaps wasted relationships.

:thumbup:It' 11 Pm. I was finished banded about 230 pm, today. I still have tingly hams for fingers and keep hitting wrong keys. I'm still waiting for the first hurt to hit. I drank a cup of chicken broth for my only meal since yesterday and have drank a lot of Water. Clear liquids only for two days then liquids only for 2 weeks.:cool2:

Sure....blame it on the hammy fingers :cool2: I'm a little more inclined to think it might be some leftover happy juice :thumbup:

I'm glad that you are doing well and able to post so soon to let us know. Keep us posted :thumbup:

Lanakila