Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September Banders?

My surgery is Sept. 9! I am so excited! Good luck to you on tues. Were you in the seminar with me? Wasn't that psch test a hoot? I wished I lived closer to his office but I am going to go to as many support meetings as I can. Are you planning to also? Good Luck to you!

susan

I was in the Informational seminar August 9th, nutrition seminar on August 12th., Psych. eval. on August 13th. And yes, the psych. eval. was CRAZY!!! I was making all kinds of faces at some of those stupid questions. Do I love my Dad? Do I love my Mom? Wow...nuts. Dr. Behrman was a nice man though. I'm ready for this to be done and over so I can go back to eating NORMAL food again. I do NOT like Medifast and by far the eggs are the worst!!! Anyway, good luck to you too. Yes, I plan to go to support meetings.

Yes!! September 10th is my date!!! With Dr. Kelly Francis of Fountain Valley Regional Hospital in California. I just did my pre-op yesterday and start my liquids next Weds. Yeah!! Am I a Samurai as well?

Hi there! I hope that Im replying to your message correctly, this is my first time on this board! I was looking through posts and yours caught my eye because, I, too, am having my surgery at Fountain Valley! My surgery date is Sept 16 with Dr. Ali! I go next Thursday for my pre-op appointments and classes. Im coming from about 4 hours north of the hospital, so they are letting me do all of my classes in one day. Is there anything that I should expect? Ive been reading about these liquid diets prior to surgery, did they speak to you about that? Any kind of heads up that you can give me before I head down there would be wonderful! Good luck with your surgery, I would love to keep in touch with you throughout our journeys, and compare notes since we will be at the same place!! :smile:

Hey everyone. After lots of hard work trying to get my insurance company to approve me, well they do approve me in late july, Well my surgery is scheduled for 9-22-08. I must tell you , I am having all kinds of second thoughts about this whole thing. I am not sure this is right for me. Just reading this site on some of the problems banders are having, scares the S---. out of me. Does anyone else feel this way... I need some help!!!!! Gigi:frown:

Hi. I understand where you are coming from. All surgeries have risks. While reading posts here at LBT I have read some where people have had complications.... but in almost every one, they say if they had it to do over again, they would. The risks of carrying all this weight around scares the s--- out of me. I want to be healthier and live longer. So in my case, the risks involved in NOT getting the band far outweighed (no pun intended) the risks of getting it. It is a big decesion and if you do not feel it is the right thing for you, then you should not do it. Maybe a list of pros and cons would help. Good luck to you.

My surgery date has been bumped up to 9/8/08, and I found out last Thursday at the pre-op class. So, I had to start the Optifast diet immediately, has anyone else experienced so moodiness. I'm trying to figure out if the moodiness is coming from the diet or from PMS....

OMG yes! The pre op diet has caused severe moodiness and my husband will be so so glad when the surgery is over and I can eat REAL food. Hang in there and pray. Good luck.

My surgery date has been bumped up to 9/8/08, and I found out last Thursday at the pre-op class. So, I had to start the Optifast diet immediately, has anyone else experienced so moodiness. I'm trying to figure out if the moodiness is coming from the diet or from PMS....

im having my band fitted on the 11th september cant wait!!! good luck to everyone else and cant wait to hear everyones stories and share mine.

Nic xx

I am fairly certain the moodiness is from the liquid diet. I was frantic the other day trying to find my straw.. and yelling at everyone in my house about it.. and then in tears about. I finally went out to my car and got one out of my purse! (still don't know where my straws went, lol) But it is not normal for me to cry over straws!! .. a few more days.. I can't wait! My poor family for having to live with me..

2 more days of Optifast and 5 days til surgery!! woohoo

hey i have been well moody and im on on day 4 of a 2 week diet dont worry its not only u and i been crying at everything!! just want it to be over and be my surgery date!!! woo roll on 11th sept xx

I have been moody too. I think before I used food to comfort me when I got stressed, lonely, bored, etc. Now I am having to deal with these feelings without my buddy food. I am on day 12 of my 3 week pre-op diet and I have screamed and cried at things that seem so silly when it is all over. I'm sure I will be better once I'm banded and down the road a little way. I've noticed my family all have their fingers crossed... hehehehe.

I hear all of you on the mood swings. It has been killing me. I'm being banded on Tuesday and THANK GOD I only have to do the liquid diet for 3 days pre-op. I think I (and my husband) would go crazy if I had to do this for as long as some of you. I know in the back of my head that this will all be worth it, but it's hard to watch everyone else around me eat food, when I can only drink Water and juice and eat sf popsicles. They just arn't doing the trick. :thumbdown: