Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what do you think??????

yay i figured it out i was making it harder than it was i was trying to upload it lol.

I couldn't loose anything before the surgery till i was on the liquid diet... and i'm litteraly having to work it off now lol. It just dosn't want to go. the first week i was a lump in a chair unless i had to get up... then its 100 % better and i still didn't work out for atleast a month.

i hear you about the lump in the chair thing i am getting upevery hour or so and walking around but after this week i am going to do my best to get off my butt and get hoppoing on losing this weight i swee the dr next wed so i will do nothing til then.

i was able to loose 10lbs between nov '07 up until surgery day. i wasn't required to do a pre op diet. all remainding poundage was after surgery and no fill yet.

it CAN be shocking when you see the tickers and all the weight loss in such a short amount of time with some members. just ask them, most would have done pre-op dieting and include everything in their stats (signature).

so you lost 25 after you had the surgery...

and 10 prior.

i see that isnt too bad i have lost 7 sice the day before surgery and i am still very swollen so it is possible for me to lose the 25 pounds as well

ok i just want what i wnt and i want it now!!!! KWIM!:biggrin:

is the average weight loss in the first month before a fill???

i have seen some tickers and they have lost almost 24 pounds is that pore and post surgery or sice the day they were banded???

i went with what i weighed at the dr. 2 days before surgery. bc when they weighed me at the hospital i was like 8 pounds less than at the dr.s 2 days before which can only be due to the 12 fast.

I think most people follow a pre op diet and the weight loss is normally from pre op until now. I wasn't required to follow a preop diet, so mine is weight loss since my surgery only...I ate anything and everything that didn't eat me first between the 11 days from pre op until surgery!:biggrin:

btw daisy, 7lbs since surgery is just awesome!

thanks kiki!!!

i just want to make sure someone isnt carrying a special secret to losing the weight that i dont know about:blushing:

after spending so much money i want this to finally work i have tried so many other diets and jnk that this one WILL and CAN work!!!:biggrin:

Okay.... I want to be in on this conversation too. I was just banded on the 22nd of July. So almost 2 wks. ago. I followed the liquid diet for a week prior to my surgery and lost about 2 lbs. (woohoo right??) ANyway, I did the liquid diet for a week after my surgery and then started onto mushy foods. When I found out that I could eat those fine, I have started trying new things like ham. meat, salad, even tried toast and it all went down fine (should it?). However, I can only eat half of what I used to could. BUT, I really don't think I should be able to eat even that much (they told me I should only be able to eat only app. 1 cup full, but I'm not sure if they meant after I had a fill, or just after surgery??). I haven't had a fill yet, and have lost a total of 10 lbs. I'm hoping when I get a fill it will restrict my eating more, because now I am able to eat what I would say is too much for someone who has a band around their stomach. I was a self pay patient, and this has got to work for me. I just feel like a failure before I really even get started:unsure: Any suggestions?

welcome,

i think 10 pounds is impressive from my standpoint. my dr said that i would be able to eat as much as i normally would before the surgery bc the band isnt filled. but i have kept myself from eating all of that other food still i am able to be on soft foods but i havent let myself yet i just let myself go to all Clear Liquids so when i see dr next week to get a stitch out i will see what he says about more solid foods. and to see if he will fill the band sooner than the 4 weeks heres hoping..

Hi There -

Your "weight ticker" should represent what's important to YOU!

I was a self-pay so the time from my first Dr's appointment to my surgery was REALLY quick. What's important to me is how much I weighed when I first saw my lapband Dr. and where I'm at today. For me all the weight I lost from that day, that decision, is important to me and represents the success of my commitment.

Although it's interesting, I'm not into labeling all those different starting weights like most do.

bas thanks that is good to know as well i am not really this obsessed all the time i just am soo excited to finally see some weight leave this body forever!!!!!

Thanks Daisy! I guess I just worry about stretching your band out? Can you do that before you even get a fill? How much do you eat to actually stretch your band? I eat about 2 cups. That's about half of what I ate before the band. Oh yeah, another concern of mine is my port placement. It is towards the bottom of the middle of my chest?!@# I can't even wear a regular bra yet because the bottom of the wire rests right on that port. It is very uncomfortable! Some say the swelling will go down and I will be able to wear a regular bra! I'm sure hoping so :biggrin:

i would think you would have to eat a pretty big bite to stretch the band itself.

i am still on a liquid diet so i convinced a few sipps of his (he didnt want one:blush:) slushie from the gas station would be considered liquid!!!:biggrin: