Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP with Pre Op Bowel Cleanse...

Hello, hoping someone will answer this question for me. My mail came a lil opened last week from the doctor and I think the pre op bowel cleanse may have been in it. Are we suppose to drink the liquid all at one time or throughout the day-the day before surgery? Also they said to purchase Citrus of magnesium for this.....but I only found magnesium citrate....Is this the same thing? I a pretty sure it is....Please help, thankyou, Debbie

:teeth_smile::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::lol::thumbup::wub::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hi:

The directions should be in the bottle of citrate magnesium. If it's like a colonoscopy cleansing you take it out spread over the day. Plan on staying home for the day because you'll need to be right near the toilet once the citrate magnesium starts to work.

Good luck.

Sue

I had to take magnesium citrate as well as do the Clear Liquids the day before surgery. I know they wanted me clean, but I took the stuff and nothing happened. It wasn't really a big deal and thankfully it didn't taste too badly either. Of course I put mine in the refrigerator hoping that if it was vile, it would be better cold.

Magnesium Citrate is great! I had to take it b/c of the issues I've had in the past with my colon..Gross, I know! BUT if there is any lesson I have learned..it is...DO NOT DRINK IT BY ITSELF..Dilute it! I drank it straight one time and let me tell you...I was hurting for days! Good luck with everything!!

In my opinion, the best way to do the magnesium citrate cleanse, if your doctor orders it, is to buy the lemon flavored magnesium citrate. Mix it with lemonade, such as "Simply Lemon". You have to drink a lot of fluids with it anyway, and this kinda disguises the taste. It's very salty, so it doesn't completely hide the taste.

Another way is to put the magnesium citrate in the freezer, and then chug it down cold through a straw, immediately followed by a strong tasting chaser such as juice, lemonade, or similar.

You could also call the doctor and request the pill prep. It gets rid of the nasty taste, but you'll have to drink about a ton of liquid with it.

I get a colonoscopy about every 18 months on average, so I've done the bowel prep way too many times.

I have to drink TWO bottles of this stuff on Wednesday. Should I take off of work? Seriously. I have hardly any food in my stomach. Also, I only found the cherry kind. Is this ok, do you think? It's red. Thanks

I have to drink TWO bottles of this stuff on Wednesday. Should I take off of work? Seriously. I have hardly any food in my stomach. Also, I only found the cherry kind. Is this ok, do you think? It's red. Thanks

Two Bottles! I had to drink some junk, a gallon, for a colonoscopy and it was horrid. I would take off work. My Mom takes that stuff for hers and it works quick.

Do we all have to drink this junk? Now I am afraid :whatchutalkingabout

I know, I acutally felt guilty because I didn't have to jump through half the hoops others have. I still have to fight with getting my pre op tests, but I can see the end. Now if I just don't have to drink that horrid stuff. It wasn't that many months ago that I had that stupid test. The only good part was they put me to sleep an I awoke with a smile ready to go home.

I thought the reason for the mag cit was so that you don't "go" while in surgery, but it's to help prevent infections in the digestive tract. You are right, all surgeons are different.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches