Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was supposed to have my fill last week but that didnt happen. They scheduled me for my post op appointment, which happened a month ago!!! Well, the first appt, I had to cancel cause I had to get my daughter from school, she was sick, and I had no one else to get her. SO come to find out that was for a post op, not a 1st fill. Well, they rescheduled me for the following morning, and I got there, had to pull strings to get off early from work, well, once I got there, I was weighed, all was good, until I got in the room, the nurse asked me if this was my pre op appointment, I said no, that this is my first fill. She said that they dont do fills on thursday. I was like WHAT!!! I was so mad. I told them that I had to pull strings to get off work, and I dont understand why they would schedule me like that. And the nurse was like I dont understand either, that this appointment was for a post op appointment. Well its almost 2 months since surgery, no fill, no restriction nothing. And Im eating, and eating cause I cant keep full. If I restrain from eating I get light headed. What do I do? Im gaining again. Ana all I do is cry about it. Im trying hard to not let it get to me. I have another appointment for the fill on Monday, but, this is killing me. Im off the mushy stage, by my calender, and have been trying to eat reasonable, Im keeping my Protein Shakes in the morning, eating fruits and veggies. Im so depressed. I really hate the staff at the clinic. I was making a scene, well not a bad scene that day, and my doc was right there in the hallway. I bet you will all the eating Im doing, Im stretching my pouch, I eat get full then I get hungry again, just like it was pre band. What do I do??? Im so depressed over this, I want my fill, so that I wont be hungry all the time. Isnt that what the band is supposed to do?:):mad2::biggrin::sad::eek::sad:

By the way, Im not moving my ticker, I just dont think that I can handle that. I know when I get my fill, I will get there easily. I just cant stop eating.

Dont cry, please. This is the time for healing, not for losing weight. I know how hard it is to be patient.

I am in the same place you are, I came out of surgery hungry, always hungry. I started walking a mile and a half, well not all at once, but I upped my distance until I got there and would like to do it twice a day, except its too blasted hot here, so Im frustrated too.

I cant cut down on my eating and snacking so I had to up the exercise to keep losing anything, and I havent lost as much as you have, even counting what I lost pre surgery.

I dont get a fill until august 16th, and from what I hear I probably still wouldnt have any restriction. They say it will be probably my 3rd fill before most feel enough restriction that it stops them from being so hungry. 3rd fill??!! So, even if you had gotten a fill last Thursday, you more than likely still would be just as hungry.

Another trick is to concentrate on short term goals, 10 lb intervals, 20 at the most as a longer term goal. Any longer than that you will get too discouraged. You cant say well I need to lose 100 lbs, because then you will think you will never be able to get there and give up.

Im right there with ya. hugs. My worst time is at night when I start grazing. Get a big box of SF popsicles and stick one in your mouth. I still want candy lol. We are all in your boots and know just how you feel, its called bandster hell.

First thing is first..:mad2:. Second I can not give you advice how to handle your doctor situation. As for me I would park my butt in front of his office until I got the fill, but from reading your post I understand you have a lot on the go. "Parking" in your case will not work. All I can suggest is keep working at making your fill appointment. Banster-hell is the one thing that I did not sign up for, and I am sure I speak for all of us when I say that. Go easy on yourself, which is easy for me to say, and hard for you to do.

As for your ticker and weight loss. I don't come on this site as much as I should because I "feel" that I should have lost more by now. I feel bad and embarrassed that I haven't lost a truck load of weight. Now how silly is that?

Remember this is counterproductive::)

Edited by cookielover

Thanks guys, the advice is really encouraging. Im just upset at this hunger thing right now. I want it to end. My doc said I can get my next fill within 2 weeks, if the first hasnt helped. And I have read that the first fill never really helps. So, thats a little discouraging. My biggest problem is exercise, I need to do it. Im working 2 jobs now, and I cant find time to get it done, plus I have a 2 year old. Uggh, so much for that huh? No, I just have to find the right time for me. Thats all. And I hope its soon.

Im betting you are getting more exercise keeping up with a 2 year old than Im getting with my 1.5 mile walk. Iv only lost like 13 lbs since my surgery which is less than most people and I feel like Im really trying.

So, if you are down 20+ lbs, you have already lost a nice chuck of weight. You will get there. I know Im trying not to count the days until my scheduled fill. Its not easy with no restriction.

We just have to pull each other thru this.

Im betting you are getting more exercise keeping up with a 2 year old than Im getting with my 1.5 mile walk. Iv only lost like 13 lbs since my surgery which is less than most people and I feel like Im really trying.

So, if you are down 20+ lbs, you have already lost a nice chuck of weight. You will get there. I know Im trying not to count the days until my scheduled fill. Its not easy with no restriction.

We just have to pull each other thru this.

I totally agree, we really need to stick together during these tough times. I know that weighing myself on a daily basis is not worth it. I know that my weight goes up and down like you wouldnt believe. And its depressing. I have one more week of training with my 2nd job, so that means my weekday afternoons will be free right after I get off work. So that means Im going to get to the gym every day. I know I can do it. For now, I have to deal with this. Uggh.