Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

the story of my unfill

I'm getting refilled on Tuesday. I am NOT looking forward to the look on my doc's face when he sees how much weight I've gained. I'm not even getting on the scale at home. I'm sure it's at least 10 pounds. ack! I hate myself for the way I eat and I hate my body for the way it clings to calories.

Well I'm back to eating and I too have put on a couple of lbs. It's not much considering but it is a gain, not a loss! :thumbup:

I rang to book another fill and was given the option of 20 August or 3 September. I took 20 August first then called back and asked for 3 September. Now I'm regretting it because I'm noticing I can eat more than I should. I discovered on the weekend that I have no problem eating potato crisps and chocolate!! :lol: I can eat bread but it seems to be get stuck so I thought maybe I have some restriction but need to watch what I eat. Anyway, good luck with your fill, let us know how you go.

I discovered on the weekend that I have no problem eating potato crisps and chocolate!! quote]

Don't you just hate discovering what you CAN eat? If I had any advice for a new bandster it would be don't eat one bite of whatever your binge food is - because once you discover you can eat it, then it's downhill from there! :)

Well, I also put back on a couple of pounds since my unfill. I did expect it. I had lost about 10 pounds in 10 days from being too tight. I waited to get the unfill until I was about to pass out from no food. I think I was only getting in about 400-500 calories/day in liquids. Once I started eating normally again, about 1000-1200 calories/day, my body horded the calories. That's normal. It takes a while for the body to adjust and get out of starvation mode. Now if I'm really careful, the weight should slowly start to come off. Just be more careful and the extra pounds will disappear when you get your fills.

We have to watch what we eat and not expect the band to do all of the work. I would be happy to eat chocolate ice cream all day which never gets stuck, unless I just got filled, but I won't lose any weight that way.

I discovered on the weekend that I have no problem eating potato crisps and chocolate!! quote]

Don't you just hate discovering what you CAN eat? If I had any advice for a new bandster it would be don't eat one bite of whatever your binge food is - because once you discover you can eat it, then it's downhill from there! :)

That's for sure Linda. I'm not going to let myself put any more of the weight back on so I'm going to stick with the plan this week. I will make sure that I get the exercise in every day as well.

Well, I also put back on a couple of pounds since my unfill. I did expect it. I had lost about 10 pounds in 10 days from being too tight. I waited to get the unfill until I was about to pass out from no food. I think I was only getting in about 400-500 calories/day in liquids. Once I started eating normally again, about 1000-1200 calories/day, my body horded the calories. That's normal. It takes a while for the body to adjust and get out of starvation mode. Now if I'm really careful, the weight should slowly start to come off. Just be more careful and the extra pounds will disappear when you get your fills.

We have to watch what we eat and not expect the band to do all of the work. I would be happy to eat chocolate ice cream all day which never gets stuck, unless I just got filled, but I won't lose any weight that way.

Don't I know it! :) I think that I've been feeling a bit demotivated which is when eating the wrong things is the easiest to do. I'm going to work hard at sticking with the plan and hopefully that will get me back on track.

Okay Sades, sounds like you and me need to kick each other's butts. Let's get to the gym, okay? I had been planning this for a few days but keep delaying it. Let's work out tomorrow, no excuses. Are you in?

So I went to get a fill. I love my doc. He didn't even bat an eye at my weight gain, said I was doing great. Even the nurse. She asked me what do you weigh? (she wasn't the one who did the weighing in) and I said I wasn't going to tell her! Well, of course she can look right on the chart but didn't say a thing.

It's amazing what ten pounds looks like. I can't believe the difference in my body. I want to get it off!

Okay Linda, you're on! I lost 1 lb of the 3 lbs I put back on. I didn't go for a walk today but will be tomorrow. I think I should have gone for the fill on the 20th but it's too late now, so I have to do my best to stick with it until the 3rd. Good luck and we'll touch base in a couple of days.

Well, Sades, wouldn't you know it? I have an excuse. I got sick the day after I posted my challenge. But I did lose weight thanks to being sick!

I haven't weighed myself for a few days but I have been walking again so hopefully I'm maintaining. Hope you're feel better soon Linda.