Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New here, in need of Pre-Op diet HELP!!

I sent for the unjury drinks and they came in 2 days, I tried the strawberry and it's good. Much better than the GNC stuff. I will try that Dreamsicle I have some orange flavored Cyrstal light.

I got some sugar free Hersey's Syrup and added a squirt into the chocolate GNC stuff and it did help. I don't want to waste it so I am using it now before surgery.

Lanakila - what is a bullet? I have only heard the individual size blenders called that, but it sounds like you are talking about a Jello type thing instead.

The bullets are made by a company called New whey. They are like a large test tube full of liquid Jello. They have 42g of Protein, but since your body cannot absorb that much at once it's a great option for post-op when you really cannot get much down at a time. I figure you get about 5g for each swallow.

The bullets are made by a company called New Whey. They are like a large test tube full of liquid Jello. They have 42g of Protein, but since your body cannot absorb that much at once it's a great option for post-op when you really cannot get much down at a time. I figure you get about 5g for each swallow.

Thanks Lanakila! I found them online and ordered some. It looks like a pretty good supplement to help get all that Protein in!

Hey I thought a "Bullet" was that funny blender they sell on TV.

I think this might be good for the just after pre-op. But only one and maybe a half of one of these a day. My doctors want 60 grams of Protein a day.

I was having a very had time with the carnation instant Breakfast and the slim fast low carb, makes me nauseous :thumbdown: Then I found Atkins Advantage, they have several flavors and very tasty, since I have to have six a day I really wanted options.

I'm on a 30 day liquid pre-op diet with only salad at dinner for first 14 days and complete liquid remaining 14 days. Doctor wanted me on Medifast but it was too expensive. I found a great alternative for a Protein Shake and it comes in many tasty flavors. I mix mine with no fat milk. It's called Spiru-Tein and can be purchased at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe etc. Hope this help to any other looking for variety.

Holy Mackerel...30 Days!!!!???? And then the post-op for several more weeks? I would be UNBEARABLE to everyone around me by that point. :cursing:

Tell me about it. It was not so bad the first week and a half then I kinda cheated yesterday but starting Monday is the full liquid diet no salads and I can't screw that up. I want to make sure I don't jeporadize my surgery. I have read one or two threads that when they woke up from there surgeries they reazlied that they had a full open incision. I don't want that to happen. With two young kids I need to be fully operational in a short time.

OMG! The bullets are AWESOME! I got the fruit punch and I put it in a water bottle (after drinking a little out of it first) with half a packet of crystal light fruit punch and it's so good. Not thick and yucky or nasty-tasting. It's got to be the best tasting highly concentrated Protein on the market. I figure it will be great for after banding when I might not feel so great but needing to get that protein in...and it packs a whopping 42 grams in 3 oz!

I agree...the bullets rock! Just remember that while you are pre-op, there's no point in drinking all of it in one sitting. Your body can only absorb about 25g of Protein at a time, so split it into two different sittings.

Now once you are post-op, you won't be able to get it all down in one sitting...so this won't be a problem :cursing:

I ordered the bullets, but they haven't arrived yet! I am looking forward to getting them! It will be great for Protein in those first few weeks after being banded.

I have to do liquids the day before surgery, I had my pre-op yesterday! Hope the bullets come, I can make some of that Jello.

Now I really have to try these Bullets....here is a link that I found to buy them for $27.99 for a 12 vial pack of 42gr each at supplements.Net - is this a good price? If not, let me know where you bought them from and how much they were.....if you dont mind.

Vitamins, Nutritional & Weight Loss supplements | Discount Bodybuilding Supplements

Thanks,

Judie