Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Permanent Make-up

I would never have gotten it done, but I've seen lots of this woman's work. She's had the same reputable shop for twelve years, and it's where everyone goes to get their screwed-up jobs fixed.

My aunt had it done in her 60s. I'm gonna take a pic this week to show you guys that it's not a big deal at all. Even if I were 90, it would just look like I still have lower lashes. If you think of a big paint brush, and pull out one or maybe two bristles, that's as thick as it is. It doesn't even look like eye liner, really. It just looks like my lower lashes are fuller. Honestly, I would never be able to make a line this thin with real eyeliner. Flippen groovey.

For the record, I don't believe in tattoos on woman. No way, not for me. That's way too permanent, but this is the best beauty secret I've ever spent money on (aside from Bandy.)

And it fades over time. You've all seen real tattoes when they're new? They are pitch black and very dark, but after 10 years fade to gray and pink. I won't mind having lower lashes when I'm 90, not at all.

P.S. When I told Penni's John over the phone that I had this done, he kinda freaked. He thought I was nuts for doing something so permanent, as did my husband. But John & Penni were just here, and even John said it looks great & natural. Men don't like the hooker look, and even my dentist this morning said he'd get it done if he were a woman, cause he sees his wife & daughters painting the same goop every day.

Oh, but eyebrows? For the life of me, I can't understand why women shave off their eyebrows & draw new ones. Someone please explain? I can't even imagine having my brows done. Not even sure I could get lip liner but they mix & match the color just a shade darker than your lips, so they get defined but not outline.

Very nice!!! I'd do it, yep, and I'll look into it. I'll let you know.

And I want to get a hold of your eyebrows, DeLarla!! They are beautiful and have such a nice shape and are full but not bushy...GREAT eyebrows! So go to a nice salon and ask them to wax a natural brow, just wax the strays and give a little shape...you'd be amazed at how polished you'll look, especailly with your new liner!! If you hate it and it hurts too much, never do it again and they will grow back in just fine. Just try it!! Yeah, wax the eyebrows!

Yer so pretty!

Kathy, I get my brows waxed when I get my roots done, which I'm overdue for. I thought I was pretty brave posting a pic fresh out of the shower with no foundation or cover up! Just me & my old woman puffy eyes & blemishes.

What puffy eyes and blemishes? You look great!!!

I get overdue on my brows all the time, so I started doing it at home with the microwave wax. And I still get overdue. Duh. Doesn't it feel good to wax the strays?!!!!! ooo,oooo, I wanna go do my brows now! Can I just confess that I cannot leave the bathroom in the morning without brushing my eyebrows? What's up with that? At least 2-3 times a day I am brushing my eyebrows with one of those well, eyebrow brushes. It feels so good!!

Anyhow, you might have been brave but you sure look great, anyway! I love the liner!