Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Permanent Make-up

I did it, and it's F A B U L O U S!

So far all I've done is my lower eyeliner. It's the finest line, as if I just used a couple bristles from an eyeliner brush. And it's already faded somewhat, so it's barely noticable, but when I wake up, my eyes are already defined.

I paid $140, which includes 4 free touch-ups. It's expected to fade, but most people don't want to look shocking, so they start with a fine line. I'm getting my upper lids done in a week, and I'm having her go much heavier (since the lower ones faded in less than 2 weeks.)

Four weeks after the procedure you can go for your first touch up. The woman I went to is great. She does this thing where she also fills in tiny gaps between your natural lashes to make them look fuller.

She also does lips and a bunch of other stuff, but I'm not going there. She used black on me, which looks muted brown after it fades, but she also does blue & browns.

Just thought I'd share because my only regret was waiting so long. YES, it hurt, but I think it could have been much, much worse. About 5-10 minutes per eye, and I probably bared down & gritted my teeth for 30 seconds out of the entire time. The rest of the procedure is just a creepy-tickling-pressure sensation since that are of the eye is so sensitive.

My eyes hurt all the time anyway because of Vegas dust & allergens, so I was never able to wear make up because it just smears. The 2nd day was a tiny swollen & irritated, but I felt fine the 3rd day.

Even hubby says it looks natural and great. You can't tell it's not real eyeliner, not at all.

Just do it!

post-203981-13813131809879_thumb.jpg

Wow! So is this a tatoo? You say it fades a bit, but eventually it doesn't fade any more, right? I'd be interested in lower liner, like what you got. I get tired of appyling it everyday (okay, so some days I don't bother) but for $140, not bad! Where did you have it done? That's neat! uh, post a pic?

Well, it sounds damn scary, but yes, it's a tattoo. She uses a tiny gun with a tiny needle.

The reason it fades is because as the skin heals in the first weeks, tiny scabs that contain some of the pigment flake off. Also, as your eyelashes fall out (they all do this naturally) it leaves that tiny speck where there's no pigment. She does the first touch up after four weeks. I get 4 free touch ups, but not everyone will need or want all those touch ups.

This woman is in Vegas; she's had her shop 12 years. She told me that if any of my friends outside Vegas want it, to make sure they get a referral from someone that's had it done at a reputable place. A good amount of her income comes from fixing up other people's screwed up work.

I'll post a pic of my eyes after next week when I get my uppers done. Right now the bottom is so subtle that you can't notice much, but it makes a world of difference when you wake up in the morning with red, puffy eyes, and they don't have to look all beady because they are defined.

Very cool indeed. Penni saw them and she will probably have hers done next time she's here.

A reputable tatoo parlor? yeah, yeah, I know they exist, but it does sound ODD, right?

I know there are a couple of tatoo/body piercing girls on here (according to the "what do you do for a living" thread) so I'd be interested in what they say, too. Speak up people!!

Ya know, I'll bet if I looked up Cosmetic Surgery in the Yellow pages they'd have someone in there that does permanant make-up...hmmmm, this sounds like something for my birthday-oh, I just had it-well, I'll think of a holiday!

Can't wait for the pic DeLarla!

A friend had her eyebrows done, and she looks terrible! She's allergic to the dye/ink used and she's had nothing but trouble.

I have very sensitive skin, so the only tatoo I have is where I stabbed myself with a pencil... That, and I just know I would regret anything I got after 10 years or so.

Lisa, my good friend had this done to her eyes years ago... I think her grandmother gave her this as a Graduation gift. (her grandmother even had it done)

Anyway, shes 32 now and it DOES look nautral!

Because her eyes are more defined she is more comfortable to go without makeup, and it helps take the attention off her flawed skin.

GOOD job, Girl!

After I get all the hairs lasered off this puss, I may go for it!

Can you imagine, wearing eye liner AND having a beard? Id look like a persian man! :beard

I just know I would regret anything I got after 10 years or so.

I almost had it done 5 years ago, and then I thought do I want this on me when I am old with white hair. I changed my mind when I thought about it being forever.

Wow - You go girl

I had wanted to do that but my sister talked me out of it. Said it would not look right I have always wanted to do by upper lids since my eyes to me are to huge. Maybe I will start checking around for a reputable place and price then when I reach goal give myself a present.

Great Idea

After I get all the hairs lasered off this puss, :beard

Do you mean puss like pussy cat or puss like private parts???LOL

Sorry couldn't resist, you know some people call there private part a puss.

OH I forgot to tell you, my mom had her brows, lower lids and lips done and she is always trying to get me to do my brows, but I'm scared of the pain, so I don't want to get it done and with eyebrows, the style is always changing, sometimes thinner is in, sometimes thicker is in, so if you have them done, your stuck???

you know some people call there private part a puss

ESTELA!!!! How dare you think that way on LBT! Dont you know we are nice clean folks around here? :)

*sorry for the interruption everyone*

My thinking is that forever is a VERY long time. And the risk of screwups is too big. Ever seen a bad tattoo? Imagine having to live with that, FOREVER. Nuh-uh, not me.

I've got freinds with eye tatts, one with blue very nice and thin, the other with black, hers are too thick.

Just before I went into trail last month. I had to meet up with a clinical strink, who told me how to dress, to dye my hair all one color (had highlights) and wear it up in a bun, and no eyeliner or lip liner. My first responces was "good thing I didn't get my eyes tattoed". This shrink preps people for a jury's first impression.

I have noticed those with there eyebrows done, it's too obvious.

If I could get very thin eyelines, I would do it.

Can't wait to see your pic, Lisa