Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

when did people start to notice your loss?

I have finally been able to drop a size. I was confused for a while at the fact that after a 20 lb loss, i was still wearing the same clothes. But I finally put my finger on the reason. I had been wearing clothes I had really grown out of...they were too small, but I just had resisted going up another size. lol Now I am down a size from those clothes, and that makes my day!

People didn't start mentioning it until I hit the 30 lb mark. Now...suddenly, it's like I lost all the weight overnight.

I have lost 35 pounds. I am still wearing my baggy clothes (size 22). My husband hates all of my pants because they make my butt look aweful. The next size down I have is 18's which are still tight too wear. So I am stuck wearing baggy pants, which conceals my slightly smaller figure. But I did buy 2 new (size XL) shirts.

You can really tell now that I have lost some weight. My father-in-law made a comment today when I picked up my son from his house. He said to my mom-in-law "are you sure that is Heidi that just picked up Kaleb?" It made me really happy to hear that from him because he rarely compliments anyone. I also went to Breakfast with a couple of friends that i hadn't seen in a month, and my girlfriend was like "wow, you really look good". So I know finally people are starting to see the change.

Well, I am back and fully recovered from my pity party. Nancy, I spoke with several people. Based on their input (people who can actually see me, LOL) and your words, I have safely concluded that she totally noticed my weight loss and for whatever reason decided not to comment. That's fine. I'm over it. Just a few months ago, she commented on my sister's weight loss and she's not even friends with my sister and my sister had lost less . . . so I guess I was just expecting a comment from her. Oh well!

But, life is looking up! I was getting tired of my very long walks, so I bought a bicycle and some TaeBo dvds. The scale isn't moving much, but I can tell that I'm losing inches because I can wear size 16 pants now. I even bought a shirt that was a large. Not a 3X, 2X, 1X, XXL, or an XL . . . . it was a LARGE. I could die of shock! :)

Only 2 more pant sizes to lose out of and I will be officially DONE with Lane Bryant! wooooo hooooo! I cannot wait! Hopefully soon.

Well . . . thanks for listening.

xoxox

I started getting noticed at 15 to 18lbs..I have a low bmi so I've only lost 25lbs I think 20 to 25 more and I'll be done I decided I don't want to be thin thin just slim ..I'm 5,5im wearing 12

Well, I am back and fully recovered from my pity party. Nancy, I spoke with several people. Based on their input (people who can actually see me, LOL) and your words, I have safely concluded that she totally noticed my weight loss and for whatever reason decided not to comment. That's fine. I'm over it. Just a few months ago, she commented on my sister's weight loss and she's not even friends with my sister and my sister had lost less . . . so I guess I was just expecting a comment from her. Oh well!

But, life is looking up! I was getting tired of my very long walks, so I bought a bicycle and some TaeBo dvds. The scale isn't moving much, but I can tell that I'm losing inches because I can wear size 16 pants now. I even bought a shirt that was a large. Not a 3X, 2X, 1X, XXL, or an XL . . . . it was a LARGE. I could die of shock! :)

Only 2 more pant sizes to lose out of and I will be officially DONE with Lane Bryant! wooooo hooooo! I cannot wait! Hopefully soon.

Well . . . thanks for listening.

xoxox

I am a DJ in a bar, and have a constant stream of people coming up on the stage to talk to me. It wasn't until I hit the 30 lbs mark that people started really commenting, and then it was just about everyone.

But a friend of mine, who comes in there, came up and talked to me a while, and made no comment. Not that I was thinking about it then, but later she came up, and said, "Ok, I don't know the protocol. Am I supposed to tell you that you are looking skinnier? I mean, you must hear it all night long until you are just sick of it!"

I said, "Oh no! That is one thing I never get tired of hearing!"

On the other hand, my weight has been at a dead stall for a week. My measurements are the same as a week ago. And I know it's normal for the body to take a pause, and cling to it's fat cells now and then, but, normal or not, I DON'T LIKE IT!!

And I have heard the, "you're not eating enough to lose weight" thing a few times. (I eat 800 calories a day, with special attention to the nutrient side of it), and my answer to that is, "So, if we go into a famine, and there isn't enough food, in order to keep from starving, I should just stop eating right?" (and yes, I understand the metabolism thing, but I am a small person, so 800 is reasonable.)

Anyhow, there you have MY pityparty! lol

Have a skinny day!!!

People started commenting 1 week post op for me. I lost quite a bit pre-op, but the real noticing did not begin until after surgery when i hit the 30 pound mark. I did not keep my surgery a secret so everyone knows why i have been losing. The jealous people did not think i needed the surgery to begin with, but they have all come around & now make nice comments. One of my co-workers made out with 18 pairs of my big jeans and tons of jackets/shirts. It sure felt great giving those away. I love my band!!

I'm 5'3" & started out at 226. I'm down 28#...getting a fill today...whoohoo! Anyway...when I lost about 25# people started to say, "how are you? you look great!" So I think they are see something different but they can't quite put their finger on it.

I told my DH that, I think, my weight loss will be very clear at 40 - 50 #.