Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi ladies,

I did it! I'm a little sore and very gassy but otherwise doing well. I will discuss my experience a little later hopefully. I'm just a little tired right now. YAY ME!

Hey Skinny!

So glad that you are through surgery. I am praying that you have a smooth recovery. This is the beginning of your new life. I rejoice with you!

Way to go girl! You will be a success story. Claim it!

:frown::cool2::lol::cool2::eek::cool2::eek::cool2::lol::cool2::lol::cool2::lol::cool2::lol::cool2::lol:

Edited by Apple8<)

Thanks Ladies for the encouraging words. We're a new board but already i feel such great comraderie (sp?) here. when 1 rejoices we all do.

It can only get better from here. I had to give in and take a pain medication and am feeling pretty good right now. I got to the hospital at 8 am yesterday and was sent into the preop room as soon as I finished some paperwork. From there on I met with the department nurse and OR nurse, 2 anesthesiologists and my surgeon. Everyone was great. I was supposed to go into surgery around 9 according to my surgeon but she got an emergency case so i ended up going after 12 pm. the only thing i remember was the anesthesiologists giving me that pre anesthesia numbing agent and then inserting the anesthesia iv after that. when i woke up i was in the pacu (recovery). i was awake in there for about (im guessing) before i was transferred to a room. i would say i was a great patient. i got up and walked almost immediately and made it a point to walk around the floor every hour. i was able to leave the hospital a little after 10pm. all in all it was a very positive experience.

Congrats and way to have such a positive attitude!!! The next few days might not be as smooth....but it will be over before you know it. Make sure to walk as much as you can, and drink Protein shakes/water as directed. This is the "new you"! :-)

Congrats!!! Glad all went well.

Now you can be "SkinnyonedaySOON" and then just "SKINNY".

Good luck and God Bless.

Janet (Ms. Jackson if you Nasty)

I'm so happy for you! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with the group. I'm so glad that we have this online network whereby we can teach eachother what to expect.:cool2:

CONGRATS!!!!!:cool2:

I wish you only the best. The first few days you may be sore and super gassy...but it will get better. Just remember to keep walking and that will help with the gas. Day one of your new life!! Take care...

Thanks everyone.

Enigma and Jemo I see what you mean about the gas - oh...my...goodness. i literally thank God everytime the gas is released.

janet - i can't wait for that day. i'm actually getting a digital camera so i can take pictures of my journey. i will be sharing them eventually.