Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

calling on my tens/fellow bandsters for support. join me! i'm getting back on track

thankful- welcome! congrats on your 30lbs weight loss. thats great. do you or have you tried logging your calories? i was amazed when i started doing that. what i thought wasnt much, and it wasnt as much as i ate before, still held a large amount of calories! and all the "not much" things added up. you might try that. thedailyplate.com is the one i use. you can log your exercise as well. you might try that?

bandster-- did you get some sleep? i sleep so much better when my dh is home too. he works a week on and a week off. you would think after 4 years of this i would be used to it, and i guess i kind of am, but i still sleep better when he is home.

i have been doing just a crap job of eating well! i have to get things under control or i am going to be sorry.

oh! i have to share my nsv! so we took the kids to the Water park and i was ok! not worried about how i looked in my suit all the time. of course a few times i started to freak a little, you know, when the barbies walked by with their itsy bitsie bikinis on. or when my dh described this girl with "you know, the big tits that just walked by"....nice! and there i stand with my little girls carefully rolled up and stuffed into my suit. damn woman! but by and by it was a great day. i felt great. it was amazing to be feel that way. first time in forever!

I am committing to posting and recommitting to dieting and exercise. I have lost about 50 lbs., but cannot figure out how to update my ticker!:confused2:My weight loss seems to be totally stalled, mainly from poor food choices and time off from exercise. I was doing interval running four days a week 4.2 miles and feeling great! Then I fractured my ankle (stepping out of a car of all ways!) and have just been really off track. Ya'll have inspired to get focused. I feel so great, my blood pressure and cholesterol are now after 14 years controlled without medication, but I want to lose an additional 25 pounds. It's gonna be tough to quit snacking, but I am getting some enthusiasm back reading everyone's posts. OKay, here is what I commit to:

Counting calories

Exercising four days a week

Posting daily for accountability, support, and inspiration

If anyone can give me the steps to update my ticker that would be great!! :biggrin2:

To update your ticker:

just double click on your ticker on any of your posts. It should open up a window at the weight loss ticker site. Enter the PIN you already established, and then go down to the box to enter your current weight. You can also change the look of your ticker at the same time. Hope this helps.

i did sleep better...thank you for asking want.. i'm taking ambien during the week and that is helping SOOOOOO much.

dh and i spent the day lounging around and laughing yesterday...this after i got ticked at him for being such a tight wad..lol...

wifemomteacher..i am so glad that you are joining us. this has helpmed me in more ways than i can explain, and that is why i like it.

it keeps me more on track. i haven't lost any weight this week, but considering i had lost the 8 1/2 i guess it is ok to be a little slow..

i'm going to a new gym tonight!!!! i'll try to post my experience after i go (the only gym i have gone to is curves..and i hate it there).

i have not exercised yet this week, but i did do yard work yesterday and i never do that. i did enough to make my arms and legs shaky (sp?). i was picking up sidewalk bricks and rearranging them (the 2'x2' ones) and they were heavy!!! i was going to go to the gym but after that excursion i decided not to..heck i didn't even want to clean the house anymore.

i have decided however that when it comes to the outside of the house if i want it done, i'm going to have to do it myself. no sense in b***ching about it all the time because it does not good..lol.

well i am just doing a piss poor job right now. i think i have gained prolly 5 lbs, but am too scared to get on the scale.

today i renewed, yet again, my comentiment to do this. what is wrong with me?

my goals are:

to excercise at least 3 times a week

to stay within my calorie goal for the day

i will report back tomorrow w/ my calories and what my exercise was. just like when we started this. maybe that will help me--keep me motivated.

i cant wait for the 30 days to be up and to get refilled! i miss it! i miss the feeling of control i had!

it has been 2 weeks since the unfill so i still have 2 weeks! BUT, i have to have a hystorectomy now, next month, and am trying to find out if i have to be/need to be unfilled for that? i called my fill doctor but he said its better to ask the doctor doing the surgery. i have another appointment on the 20 with my ob/gyn doc and will find out for sure then. i cant afford to get a fill and then an unfill and then another fill. so if i have to be empty for surgery i will just have to wait to get a fill until afterwards.

That is a tough one. I feel like I would have a really hard time managing without my band filled. As tough as it is, I can tell you that I had a complete hysterectomy one year ago..about five months before I was banded, and it is like getting a new lease on life. I feel wonderful and only regret not doing sooner! After that is behind you and your band is refilled you will feel so much better and regain your focus!

I am trying three days of liquids this week. Today was not that hard, but I am sure tomorrow will be. I have been having some trouble with my band feeling really tight and some coughing at night. I know elevation changes can affect the band and I traveled in the mountains this summer. before I go to the doctor about it, I am trying this along with Pepcid to make sure it is not irritation of the esophagus.

So to record my daily progress:

650 liquid calories (not enough I know!):mellow:

No exercise (GRRRRRR!!) :wink2:

Pretty good attitude though! Ha! :biggrin2:

Oh, I'm glad I found this thread :wink2:

Angelica - banded on the 23rd of October, 2007.

I must admit, this has been a really difficult thing for me. Its difficult to admit that weight is not coming off as fast as it COULD, but thats all my fault.

So, I am putting myself back on track too. I have lost EXACTLY 50 lbs since I underwent surgery.

My goal is to look awesome in a halloween costume. This will happen. (I am planning on being Dr Girlfriend from the Venture Brothers cartoon on cartoon network)

so today, I drank my salad (this is what I call jucing a bunch of vegetables, I've been doing this for years, and its something I MIGHT have to rethink) generally, I dont juice high sugar things. I juiced (for my boyfriend and I) a head of romaine lettuce, a cucumber, and a pear. It was delicious.

Its hard to be fat, and a health nut.

I also had about 3/4 of a chicken breast and maybe a cup of Pasta with pesto sauce. Thats it for today so far, save the Water.

My biggest deal right now is SODA. I never even DRANK soda until I got banded, and now I generally shake it up so all the fizzies come out, and drink a coke a day. I know this is a really bad habit, and can be really bad for my band, and my pouch, so that is what I am currently working on.

I have made it through so many addictions, or mini addicitons as I like to call them since the band. First it was liquor, alot of it, then it moved to fast food, then I started smoking heavily, and now I am at soda, so I guess I am not doing something right, because I keep replacing my habits with another one.

I dont know if I can ever break this, honestly, but I do know that while I fight it, I can focus myself on maybe a more healthy addiction, like exercise =)

I did housework all day, so I doubt I will exercise today.

My boyfriend and I have taken to swimming everyday in the mornings before work. He does this to support me, I do it because I need some sort of exercise, and Jesus, its HOT in El Paso these days.

In either case, I am really happy to find you guys, so thanks for the great idea =)

-A

I am trying to log on once during the day and once in the evening. I am now at my desk, swamped with work, and practicing avoidance! Ha! I have heard that many people exchange addictions; before my banding the psychologist I saw warned me about it. I haven't noticed it being a problem for me YET. I don't really feel that I had a food addiction, just a love affair with it! I am on my second day of liquids today. So far it hasn't been too bad. Of course it is only 8:54! I can't usually eat before lunchtime anyway.

Welcome! We will get motivated and focused together!!

Weight this morning:182.5 (only 22.5 pounds to go for my "realistic" goal!)

WELCOME ANGELICA, i am so glad we can all do this together

man, i cannot do liquids. i swear i gain more weight during that phase, because i cannot just stick to Protein shakes. no, i want slushies and ice cream, and popsicles and nothing sugar free.

i did yoga yesterday at home, i did not go to the gym. it seems since i had 3 surgeries to fix that miscarriage that my lower back kills me when i pms. I MEAN KILLS ME. narcotics won't even take it away.

so wheni pms i'm miserable and it last 1 1/2 weeks before my "absent period". so i have the stomach problems, the Migraines, the muscle aches, and now i have the stupid back hurting. geez..my doctor recommends removing my ovaries, but i am too scared.

i think i ate something like 1400 calories yesterday.

i did however, only drink a coke zero. no real coke!!!!!! whew hew. i can't have coke until 4 days after a fill anyways, so i should get prepared. but theni blew it with having a mr goodbar and a glass of kool aid before bed. (so it didn't help me to go low cal)

see, my doc says we can have coke, no problem, just let it flatten for 5 minutes first and make sure it is diet. i hate diet. lol.

ok, i'm rearranging my priorities. i'm setting a mini goal. i would like to be down to 190 by September. So that is 10 lbs, give or take. i would like to use a 20 punch gym card by october. i would like to use the daily plate at least 4 days a week. (i tend to not log on weekdays), and i'm getting started now.

let's go ladies.

hi angelica. welcome. hope we can help and support you.

wifemom- i think i need to do the 3 says of liquids as well. is this to get rid of your carb cravings?

bandster- i am trying to use dailyplate through the week. i dont have internet at home so the weekends are out.

so, my report for yesterday:

calories= 1014 (actual minus calories burned from exercise)

exercise= check, did it! and loved every minute! i rode horses with my kids. just easy going so i didnt burn as much as if i was riding hard, but it was still good.

protein= 78 grams! holy crap huh? i usually never get that much in a day!

i weighed myself...and damn if i wasnt right and i have gained about 5 frickin pounds. damn me! damn me right back to fatterville if i dont get it under control. yesterday was better. today i am on track so far.

i was thinking of starting another thread, like a " i am here posting to keep myself busy so i dont absent-mindley snack" kind of thread. i thought if i did those seperatively it wont mess up this thread with kinda mindless drivel, ya know? it will probably be pathetic how many times i post there but thats ok. if it will help me then it will be worth it!

Edited by want_so_bad

:angry::sleep2::blushing:calories- 1579. freakin horrible. what else can i say?:Banane37:

:moon::crying::blushing:exercise- none. repeat of above comments

protein- 102 grams! holy crap. thats alot. but what can i expect when i ate that many calories?

yeah so not having a great morning. feel guilty as hell about yesterday. was WAY over my calories for the day. i am trying to shake it off and just do better today.

you will do better and you will do even better with a fill.

my calories for yesterday were 1500 and i did not exercise. i did laundry though :Banane37:

post all you want ....want...that is what this is for.