Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Get This Party Started!

Yep...native Hawai'ian & Chinese & who knows what else. At some point my mom married a military guy and I became an Army brat. I left the Islands for the last time in 1985, lived in Middle Tennessee for 15 years and moved to NC in 2000.

So while my hubby was doing a last minute mow yesterday before the party, he "found" a yellowjacket nest. He got 3 stings on his legs. I pumped him full of benadryl and he was ok for the day. Tonight he's been bleeding me for all of it's worth though...big baby :ohmy:

Ok, it's just me. I'm going to make a quick response so that this thread will end up in my subscribed thread (because I have no idea how to bookmark it and I'll never find my way back). Me. Loser. LOL! More info later....:unsure:

Hey there all! This is an awesome thread! OK - Lapband stuff - Iim in Southern SK Canada and getting my band in Tijuana on August 20th (WOO HOOO!!!!):unsure: Right now I'm eating everything in sght pretty much but will do pre-op LSD diet for 10 days out even though my facilitator says it isn't necessary because my BMI is just over 40. Not taking any chances. Plus I'm eating SO well right now that I can almost hardly wait to feel hungry! :blink: Did I just SAY that!?! hahhaaa Went on my first diet at age 11 (I'm 43) and have yo-yo'd my whole life. Can't wait for this new adventure to start!!

OTHER stuff - I married the most incredible supportive man last June. He has 3 kids from his previous so I am a step-mom to a girl 16, boy 18 and girl 20. I have none of my own so talk about hitting the ground running! :eek: but thankfully they really are "good" kids. I told all of them about the surgery this past weekend and they were just wonderful about it. I have 2 great GREAT dogs who are my walking buddies (my avatar), 1 cuddly kitty, 4 fun fishes and a sweet canary bird. Yes it is a menagerie but it's a great life... can't wait to see how INCREDIBLE it'll all feel when I can actually tie my runners without almost passing out!

:biggrin2: Stace

Stace

My status are about the same as yours. I'm doing the pre-op for 2 weeks:thumbdown: but my dr. says since my bmi is so low I should be fine......

Hey there Momto5 - FIVE!?!?!! :eek: Oh my gosh!! You must be a really busy laydee!!

Just a quick note on the pre-op diet that my facilitator said to do - drink lots of Water when doing it(which we should anyway right?). She said the hi-protein content can be tough on our kidneys so we should keep flushing everything through/out. Makes sense.

Be safe, feel well and GOOD LUCK! So exciting hey???:unsure:

Stace

Howdy :unsure:

My date is August 15, possibly sooner if they get a cancellation!

I'm 41, married, mom of 4 kids and 2 doggies :eek: My life has been thrown into chaos lately with a horrible bout of plantar faciitis, I've been nearly housebound since Thanksgiving cause I can barely walk. It's what put me over the edge on the band decision though, so I'm sure I'll look back on it as a blessing. At the moment though, it's a pain beyond all measure and I'm looking forward to seeing if the weight loss will take care of it so I can skip the foot surgery, here's hoping!

Hey there Momto5 - FIVE!?!?!! :eek: Oh my gosh!! You must be a really busy laydee!!

Just a quick note on the pre-op diet that my facilitator said to do - drink lots of Water when doing it(which we should anyway right?). She said the hi-protein content can be tough on our kidneys so we should keep flushing everything through/out. Makes sense.

Be safe, feel well and GOOD LUCK! So exciting hey???:unsure:

Stace

Yep, 5! Ages 9, 6, 4, 4, 3. The 4 year olds are 12 weeks apart. The kids are a major reason I am doing this. I wanna keep up with them and I wanna see them grow up!!

Howdy :unsure:

My date is August 15, possibly sooner if they get a cancellation!

I'm 41, married, mom of 4 kids and 2 doggies :eek: My life has been thrown into chaos lately with a horrible bout of plantar faciitis, I've been nearly housebound since Thanksgiving cause I can barely walk. It's what put me over the edge on the band decision though, so I'm sure I'll look back on it as a blessing. At the moment though, it's a pain beyond all measure and I'm looking forward to seeing if the weight loss will take care of it so I can skip the foot surgery, here's hoping!

LauraLee

first off "I'm thick and tired of it"? LOVE IT!!!!! I have the same issues with my feet. Ouch!!

Big ouch, and I've hit the end of conservative treatment. I figure weight loss will either allow it to heal on it's own or at least make the chances of the foot surgery being successful much higher. Where I am now my podiatrist says my chances of it working are less than 50%.

I am under my two week point and feel like two sides of a coin. I am freaking out a little, but I am so PSYCHED! My doctor requires that you lose 10% of the total amount of weight you want to lose total, I have 106lbs to lose, so I had to lose 11 lbs. They won't even let you schedule the surgery until it's done and if you come in for the surgery and you gain your weight back, you won't get it done that day. I lost 13lbs, maybe a little more so far and I'm on a mission to lose as much as I can. I have dinner with a couple of girlfriends tomorrow and I'm going to eat what I want, but other than that I've really been good. It has been tough, but the pressure they put on you keeps you honest. The surgeon also told me that statistically the more weight someone loses before surgery, the more successful you will be after. I have been having a lot of problems finding Protein drinks that don't taste wretched and don't kill my lactose intolerant system. I ordered unjury, because this one works and isn't too bad tasting. I'm going to look at some of the soy formulas and see if I can find one that works. Any suggestions.

Enough ranting, the important stuff...I'm married to a very supportive husband and have 5 and 9 year old boys. I told my boys this weekend, because I wanted them to hear it from me. I didn't go into too much detail, but just told them the doctor will make me sleep and then put the band in place so I can lose weight and be healthier for play time. They were both fine with it. I'll talk to them again right be for August 1st to make sure they don't have any questions.

I look forward to watching everyones progress and I look forward to getting to know everyone:biggrin: Moe

so i got my dates all confirmed today! and i can't believe that it's finally going to happen...

hi...i'm steph and i live in PA. everyone that i work with has been so supportive...my boss has even offered to do my two week pre-op diet with me! you guys are so wonderful and it's great to hear about people who are just like you. so glad i found this site!

so i got my dates all confirmed today! and i can't believe that it's finally going to happen...

hi...i'm steph and i live in PA. everyone that i work with has been so supportive...my boss has even offered to do my two week pre-op diet with me! you guys are so wonderful and it's great to hear about people who are just like you. so glad i found this site!

Steph,

That is great!!! I have a friend that is going to do the pre op diet with me too and now I think a couple other people in the office are going to join in. Except the one person who already has the lap band. She says been there done that!!:biggrin2:

Hi Everyone...I have alot of reading to do to get caught up with you all!

My son had a soccer tournament this weekend in Carlsbad, and then played in the Championship game today and won! In between games I got to Nordstrom for the Anniversary Sale and did some school shopping for the kids! Man I love that store, I worked there 8 years and can I tell you how much I miss my discount!!!!

Anywho, I'm getting to ready to go to bed I've had a long day! I have my pre-op in the morning so I'm excited!!

Vegas, Moe & Sask...I'm glad you found this thread!

Edited by cutiew/booty

My pre-op appt is tomorrow too, but seeing how it's only 1.40pm in the afternoon here atm, I expect I have a longer wait than you, cutie!

My DH is doing the pre-op diet with me, but last night sneaked off to have some chocolate biscuits! :scared2: His loss though...or more like NOT his loss, because I've lost 4kgs and he's not lost one measly bit of weight!

And last night we were talking about how I want to lose more 5 more kgs by Sept so I can take dance classes as a reward, and he mentioned that he's a little bit worried that some salsa-dancing stud will steal me away! I told him that I'm a beautiful woman even now who doesn't need to lose 10 kgs to meet a stud if that's what I wanted to do! So if he trusts me now, he can trust me even when I'm thinner!

Funny how men think if you lose the weight that you're not going to love them as much or that you're only with them because you're big and have no other choice. Or worse, that if you're big, no guy will want you except them. He forgets that he first asked me out 7 years ago when I weighed exactly the same as I do now! And I have never had problem meeting men before him either. In fact I haven't been single since I was 15! :biggrin:

8/8/08 @ 8 is my date. :biggrin:

I have my all day education class this Friday. Then I suspect I will begin my preop diet. Either 6 carnation instant breakfasts or 4 Atkins shakes a day for two weeks :scared2:. My BMI is over 60 and I think I might advise my surgeon if he can' t do it laproscopic he does not have premission to cut me from stem to stearn. DUDE!

I have been an ER nurse, rehab nurse and now a post surgical floor nurse. Have been married to DH 8 years, is this my year or what, lots of eights... Anyway, my insurance is self funded and I am hoping they approve the procedure, being self funded they pretty much have carte-blanche what they are willing to civer or not. I was however reassured my presentation was wonderful, so we will see. I am bound by a request to keep any and all assistance confidential. I just hope they give me some assistance.

I live in Odessa Tx and there is a wonderful Bariatric program here, however as I work nights it will be very inconvient to do thier support meetings r/t times available. I was beyond estatic to find this site.

I have been overweight all my life, since age 5, I have struggled as I am sure all of you have. I have decided to live, I have twin nieces that just turned 2 and I want to see them grow up and I want to be a "big" part of thier lives not just the big embarassing aunt.

I look at my recent pictures and think WTF? Who is that? :scared2:I don't feel that big and I want to release my inner thin person.

Just a little bout me.....:biggrin2: