Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many incisions do you have?

I have 6! I thought I would have 4 at the most, so I was a bit surprised. The one at the bottom is the biggest. The bad thing is that they ALL ITCH so badly right now!!! I can't wait for them to heal!

I had a hernia repair at the same time, so I had 9 incisions!!! I also had and allergic reaction to each piece of tape... so.... 9 incredibly itchy spots.

But...it does get better. At 17 days post op I am starting to feel quite a bit less itchy.

Hoping you feel better soon.

julie

I have 5 incisions. I thought I would only have 3, so I was a bit surprised. The port incision hurts the most. Plus, I'm DYING to pull the steri strips off and see how bad the scarring is. :confused2: Mine are definitely itchy too!

I have 4. I was expecting 5, possibly 6 since I had asked for my port to be put lower than typical. I think belly size may be a factor...whether the tools can reach everywhere they need to.

Love - am I reading correctly that you were banded when you only had 50 lbs to lose? I thought the standard was 100+ lbs. Just curious.

Those types of conditions usually only apply to insurance coverage.

I was self pay & tired of struggling constantly for over 20 years to try & keep my weight from climbing. The way things were going I was gaining 10lbs per year. I needed to stop this before it caused more health issues. As it was, I had trouble breathing once I hit 157lbs. My doctor also suggested that a healthy lifestyle could reduce my Migraines. I have an ulcer from pain killer use.

Good luck to you *Love*. I am self-pay too - and tired of waiting for the past 2 years for our plan to change. I've very excited at how fast it goes for self-pay. I have all my appointments and tests this week and surgery will be scheduled for August once everything checks out. I'm excited.:unsure:

I have 5 incisions and my port is in the middle right under my breast bone. I have posted pics in my albulm for those who want to see. Today I took off 3 of the bandages and left the port one and lower one on. Now that I have taken them off, I wish I should have left them on cause they are itching like hell. And I dont see the dr. until 7/18th.

Love,

You were smart to be banded at 50lbs instead of waiting until 50 increased to 70 then 90 then 100lbs. I wish I had known about the lapband when I hit 50lbs of excess.

Allyson

I have 4 tiny ones and one larger one about an inch and a quarter above and to the left of my belly button with still one single stitch sticking out LOL

I have 5 (three are really small, one is about 2 inches, and the other is about 31/2 -4 inches). I took my steristrips off at 2 weeks because they were looking pretty grim. My scars are healing well except for the larger two. But, I figure I don't plan on wearing a bikini any time soon, so no worries.:unsure:

I have 4 tiny ones and one larger one about an inch and a quarter above and to the left of my belly button with still one single stitch sticking out LOL

I noticed your surgery date was close to mine. I was banded on June 27th. How are you liking it so far?

I have 6 incisions

Love,

You were smart to be banded at 50lbs instead of waiting until 50 increased to 70 then 90 then 100lbs. I wish I had known about the lapband when I hit 50lbs of excess

Me too. Hmmmmm...but then I would have been 10 :unsure: