Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi there~~~

I was wondering ~ I was told to take 1500 mg of Calcium every day and was wondering if tums counts?

Also, does anyone here use wii fit as part of their exercise routine? Thanks for any advice.

When I was pregnant my tums always counted for my daily Calcium. I don't know why they wouldn't for you....but then I'm not a doctor so I would ask when you have your next appointment.

I have wii fit and I love it. I don't always get a chance to workout with it. With a 18 month old who wants to perch on the board and a 4 year old who always wants to join in and take his turn it really doesn't get to be much of a workout. However, I did get an hour on it today and it was a serious workout. I think it can be as much of a workout as you want it to be. Between running, hula hoops, boxing, and lunges I was beat. I think I'll try to get another half hour in tonight while dh takes the boys to the drive-in though.

Hope these answers help.

I'm in a catch 22 with the whole calcium-thing...I know I need Calcium, but I have a history of kidney stones (calcium ones, of course) so as it is, I have a higher risk of stones cuz of possibly not being able to drink as much as I'm supposed to, PLUS NOW I'm supposed to have extra calcium and my urologist wanted me to try to cuz down on calcium. *sigh* It'll all work out fine I'm sure.

Thanks for your response :cool:

I'm so sorry you have to suffer with kidney stones.. My husband has suffered from them for the past 10 years. HORRIFIC pain.. The doctors told him to lay off all dairy, and some other items including spinach and blueberries.. Here's the thing,, he DID stay off all that stuff and got stones ANYWAY!! The Calcium kind.. So i just think if your body already makes stones, it will keep doing it regardless. imho.. Take your calcium and try not to stress too bad.. your bones need it!

good luck to you!!!!!!!!:cool:

278/231/180

My doctors office said I could do Tums or Viativ(?) to get in my daily Calcium.< /p>

I LOVE my Wii Fit my 10 year old and I work out everyday. Who would think a video game could be so exhausting. I love to hula-hoop brings me back to my younger years!