Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Kirshenbaum's Happy Bandsters~

Patty, was it hard to find a doctor for aftercare and fills in Florida?

I live on the West Coast of Florida near Tampa.

Patty, was it hard to find a doctor for aftercare and fills in Florida?

I live on the West Coast of Florida near Tampa.

Hey. I can tell you straight up that I have heard we have one bay area Dr. who refuses to do follow-up on patients who are not his own. He too is a Lap Band patient. He has a practice in Z-hills and now Brooksville and is with the JourneyLite group.

I started my search for a band doctor in 2006 and they were slim to none around here. Town and Country was doing SOME type of bariatrics, I think it was the bypass, but the BAND which is what I was looking for was not popular.

I can tell you that Millenium Medical in St. Pete does Fills. It looks not so hot from the outside but once you go inside and go back into their maze of support systems their personnel are nice. My one and only fill was not to the caliber of my own surgeon in Colorado and for that reason I chose to not go back to Millenium and make the investment to the conclusion, to my goal weight, by committing to stick with Dr. Kirshenbaum. I fly to Colorado about every 5 months. I get to see the seasonal changes, snow, mountains and have that trip down to a fine science. I belong to all the flight cheapo clubs and car rental places. I plan on my trip and can usually do the run for $800. Well worth it considering it's my body.

So that is how I developed a plan for myself.

YOU are worth it. Start thinking that way. Whatever it takes to make it happen, commit to doing this for you. If that means doing a puddle jumper to Miami-Ft. La-Di-Da then do it. Be willing to drive for YOU. Fills only happen about once every four or five months on average, you may find it different. But hey, there are places all over the state. Ocala has a place now, Miami is the hub for bariatrics and bariatric plastic recontouring surgery. These places are so use to folks coming in from out of town they accomidate you especially if you are doing that.

Best to you and let me know if you need anything. I'm local.

LUCK!

Patty

Edited by Lap_dancer

You have done marvelous on your journey. Congratulations!!! I don't mind traveling from Florida to Colorado because the price was right and I have Family in Colorado and now to hear that Dr. K is so good is icing on the cake.

Skinnyme52 go for it. That you have family there is all the more reason to go.

Dr. Kirsenbaum is worth the travel. He's methodical, and "a right jolly old elf" saying that because it is early in the morning and the words to describe someone who is happy, of good countenance to be around to put you at ease and not make you feel rushed, and leave you feeling HAPPY made me think of Clement Moore's poem and Santa. He's not rotund like Santa but he is such a likeable person all around. I can't speak for the others but going to Aurora now feels like going home. What a great group of people in that office and they have such a wonderful and warm team of support.

If you haven't touched base with anyone, call out there and ask for Natalie. She's kind of like the go-to person and she is also banded.

Awesome lady.

The front desk staff are also warm and wonderful women. Marilyn has worked for Dr. K like 20+ years. (how often does that happen?) so there isn't this rollover in new faces every time you go there.

Any questions just email me. Glad to help in any way I can.

Patty

Patty, I know the doctor you are referring too because I had looked into Journeylite, but they want $15,800 for the surgery. I needed to look for a cheaper alternative and Dr. Kirshenbaum was the answer. I know that there are those Fill Centers in Tampa and St. Pete, but someone posted that they have not heard good things about them. That is where I was planning to go for my fills, but maybe I will just save up and make the trip back to CO. for the fills. If anyone else out there has any other info about fills in the Florida area please feel free to share. Patty, thanks for the info. Will keep ya posted!

Hi!. My friend and I were banded during the last week of June at the Parker Surgericenter. They are the greatest and Dr. K. is awesome. I am 11 days out and have lost 16 lbs. My friend and I have appointments for our first fill on August 1 so we can come to the barbecue. I was originally planning to get someone local to do fills but now I think I am going to keep going to Aurora for now so I can continue to work with the staff. Comparing the cost, it is only a little more expensive to do this way and maybe will provide my husband and I with a little getaway every once and a while.

I hope I get to meet some of you at the barbecue.:)

Hi!. My friend and I were banded during the last week of June at the Parker Surgericenter. They are the greatest and Dr. K. is awesome. I am 11 days out and have lost 16 lbs. My friend and I have appointments for our first fill on August 1 so we can come to the barbecue. I was originally planning to get someone local to do fills but now I think I am going to keep going to Aurora for now so I can continue to work with the staff. Comparing the cost, it is only a little more expensive to do this way and maybe will provide my husband and I with a little getaway every once and a while.

I hope I get to meet some of you at the barbecue.:)

That's great! I can't wait to meet you!!!

I'll be there too!

Congrats on that 16lbs loss!

Welcome to all of the new people who have just been or will be banded by Dr K...

He is the greatest Dr as well as all the the sweet gals in the office.. The super support group right here on this thread and the original thread just rounds out the whole package...

I would like to invite everyone to come on over to the original thread "Considering Dr Kirshenbaum" and meet the rest of Dr K's gals and token guy with the band...

Hope you all had a nice 4th...

I'll keep posting here because our other thread is HUGE.

Skinny congrats!!!

Nice to meet you all.

Hi Patty, I have talked to Natalie already and she was very helpful. Also had my consult with Paula. On this coming Wednesday I have a phone consult with Dr. K. I am looking forward to talking with him. I will let you know what I think. I am very excited about going to Colorado. I haven't been there in about 5 years. I think it will be well worth it. You are right about the investment. Fills here in Florida are around $250 and I sure can get a plane ticket for that price. Thanks for your encouragement and good word on Dr. K. It's always comforting to talk to someone who can give a good recommendation of the Dr. who is going to be doing your surgery. All I have heard from others are good things and that really puts me at ease. I'll keep in touch.

Sandy

Hi all. I was banded by Dr. K. on 6/12 (almost a month already!) and I'll be traveling back to CO for my first fill next week. I had my surgery done at Parker and its a wonderful place - I only have great things to say about the whole experience. I was a little apprehensive going into surgery (I cried like a baby all the way to the hospital) but the past month has gone quite well.

I plan on Dr. K doing my first fill and then finding a fill dr. in GA. I haven't lined that up just yet so we'll see how it goes. Having to go back to Denver is definitely tempting - its a beautiful place - I loved the weather when I was there - and my hair loves the dry climate!

I found the "considering Dr. K" thread so helpful when I was preparing for my surgery - everyone had such positive things to say about him (all true and then some!!) and the LBT forums in general. Thank goodness for this site!

Even though I tend to be a lurker (I never think I have much to add!) I just want to thank everyone for their support and humor and great information!

Christine

Thought I'd introduce myself on this thread. I am getting banded on the 16th, and am very excited to meet Dr.Kirshenbaum!! All I have heard are good things about him!! Well hello everyone, and good luck in your upcoming bandings and I promise I'll keep you guys updated!!:biggrin:

Hi Lotzasunshine! I'm getting banded by Dr. K on the 16th, too. I've been kind of absent on LBT lately (maybe trying to put my fingers in my ears and say lalalalalaIcanthearyoulalalala?), but I'm trying to get back in the swing of things again.

My surgery is at 9 am on the 16th, when is yours? I hope I get to see you then. Have you started your low carb diet yet? I start mine tomorrow. Anyway, I hope to see you soon! Feel free to email me or anything if you like.

Week 6 of BBQ Weight Loss Challenge~

Bandito Goal --1st week-2nd week-3rd Week-4th week-5th week-6th week

Dee = 20lbs +4.6lbs-7.0lbs-1.0lb+0.0+4.2lbs-6.6lbs:tt1:

Bookholder = 15lbs+0.0+0.0-1.0:wub:(14.0)

Brandy = 25lbs-4.5-5.7lbs+2.0-1.0-1.0biggrin.gif

Woofay = 15lbs+4.0lbs-4.0lbs+1.0:wub:(15.0)

Mal = 15lbs +0.0-2.8lbs-2.0lbs-1.4lbs+1.0lbs+0.0:tt1:

LA = 23lbs+1.0lb-1.0lb-3.0-1.0-2.0+1.0:tt1:

Marcy = 15lbs+0.0-5.0lbs+1.5lbs-0.5-1.0biggrin.gif

Lapdancer = 20lbs +4.0lbs-5.4lbs-1.7lbs+0.0-3.0-3.0:tt1:

Shelbi = 20lbs -2.6+2.0-2.5lbs-3.0lbs-1.0lbs-2.0lbs:tt1:

Amieru = 20lbs-2lbs-5.0lbs+2.0-5.0-1.0+0.0:tt1:

Sidann = 20lbs-4.5lbs+1.5lbs-3.0lbs-3.0lbsbiggrin.gif

Lifesaver = 20lbs-1.0lb-1.5lbs-2.0+1.0-4.0biggrin.gif

John T = 15lbs-2.0lbs+0.0lbs+0.0-3.0-2.0:biggrin:

bahotmamma = 20 lbs -1.5lbs-1.0lbs-2.0-4.0-2.0:tt1:

Munchkin=---------------------------0.0+0.0-3.0:tt1:

Week One Losses 18.1lbs (6.8%)

Week Two Losses 24.8lbs (10.2%)

Week Three Losses 18.2lbs :)

Week Four Losses :biggrin:

Week Five Lossses 21.0lbsbiggrin.gif

Week Six Losses :cool2:

Down 1.5 for me this week. I went on three hikes in Vail this weekend and burned so many freakin' calories. I guess it paid off and helped burn up some of that yummy marble slab ice cream I had. I am so very sore! I had a great 4th...hope you guys did too.

I haven't read everybody's posts yet so I'll catch up with what you guys have been up to when I get a chance.

Are we still doing RR on the 16th?

Hi all. I was banded by Dr. K. on 6/12 (almost a month already!) and I'll be traveling back to CO for my first fill next week. I had my surgery done at Parker and its a wonderful place - I only have great things to say about the whole experience. I was a little apprehensive going into surgery (I cried like a baby all the way to the hospital) but the past month has gone quite well.

I plan on Dr. K doing my first fill and then finding a fill dr. in GA. I haven't lined that up just yet so we'll see how it goes. Having to go back to Denver is definitely tempting - its a beautiful place - I loved the weather when I was there - and my hair loves the dry climate!

I found the "considering Dr. K" thread so helpful when I was preparing for my surgery - everyone had such positive things to say about him (all true and then some!!) and the LBT forums in general. Thank goodness for this site!

Even though I tend to be a lurker (I never think I have much to add!) I just want to thank everyone for their support and humor and great information!

Christine

Hi Cris3! I too am a lurker! I check this thread and the other Dr. K thread pretty regularly, but rarely say much. I haven't been banded yet and maybe that is why. I hope to be soon, so I can be on the loser's bench with you and all the others! :biggrin:

Well, see you around fellow lurker! :)

~ Nicole

Edited by Bratty_Nicole
Apparently I just learned how to spell! Had to fix, or would have drove me NUTS!

Hi Lotzasunshine! I'm getting banded by Dr. K on the 16th, too. I've been kind of absent on LBT lately (maybe trying to put my fingers in my ears and say lalalalalaIcanthearyoulalalala?), but I'm trying to get back in the swing of things again.

My surgery is at 9 am on the 16th, when is yours? I hope I get to see you then. Have you started your low carb diet yet? I start mine tomorrow. Anyway, I hope to see you soon! Feel free to email me or anything if you like.

Hah, just left you a visitor message asking when yours was, should have checked here first:laugh:. I am scheduled at 11 so you'll probably be in surgery when I get there. but that won't stop me from sending good thoughts your way!! Where will you be staying? We haven't booked a place yet.

Christine,

I too am from Georgia and am planning to get banded by Dr. Kirshenbaum. I have been worried about being able to find a fill doctor here. If/when you do find one, could you update this thread with their name or email me at j_mckinstry@hotmail.com?

I would really appreciate it.