Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slipped Band

Details on meeting INXS..that was one of my most favorite bands. I was telling the hairdresser today about how I was a punk in high school. I had blue hair, wore a dog collar, loved to slam dance and wore a black trench coat. To todays standards, I would be arrested for just looking weird.

I loved Boy George, Flock of Seagulls, Till Tuesday, Thompson Twins, Billy Idol and to many to mention. The only thing I didn't like for music was Heavy Metal.

How you feeling today?

Cindy

Cindy, Well thanks for the laugh, I needed a good one. :confused_smile:

The idea that you now have a country gift shop and used to be dressed in a black trench with blue hair and a dog collar, is too funny!

you could always go in and school them on all the lap band trials and tribulations! Glad to hear you are doing well.

Cindy, you were a punk rocker!?! :tt1::tongue_smilie:

That's great!! :eek:

So we may hit your Middleboro shop on Friday on our way up to the Cape. We're coming from NY and staying in Hyannis. Your Kingston shop may be too far away from where we're staying. If we had more time, we would love to go to both. I'm coming with my 12 yr old son and my childhood best friend's mom. She's been like a 2nd mom to me since I was 6. After I lost my parents, she just stepped in as a surrogate mom and grandma. Great lady. She looked at your website and loved your products. The Middleboro shop must look amazing at Christmas time. Will you be there on Friday? If so, what hours? It's not definite yet but we mapped it out to see if its on the way. This could work out.

Hey Sades, how are you feeling? Port pain getting better?

Details on meeting INXS..that was one of my most favorite bands. I was telling the hairdresser today about how I was a punk in high school. I had blue hair, wore a dog collar, loved to slam dance and wore a black trench coat. To todays standards, I would be arrested for just looking weird.

I loved Boy George, Flock of Seagulls, Till Tuesday, Thompson Twins, Billy Idol and to many to mention. The only thing I didn't like for music was Heavy Metal.

How you feeling today?

Cindy

Okay it was around 1983/4 I think. My friend who I worked with in a film company was going out with a guy in the music industry (there were 7 of us who were friends for many years). She ended up sharing a house with Gary the guitarist. Our friendship at the time was coming to an end so I hadn't seen her for awhile, so I went around to visit and he answered the door. I didn't realise it was him because INXS were on their first US trip. Anyway he took my name and said he would let her know. I phoned a few hours later and he answered the phone. He asked is that Sades, he remembered me, how cute! Anyway we finally caught up a few days later so I went around to her house to go out for the night. Gary was there and then the 2 Farris brothers turned up. I was introduced to them as well. I was very impressed with myself! About 2 weeks later they had a party at the house and I was invited. I went with a couple of other friends and the whole band was there including Michael. I think he was off his face because when I went to the backend of the house, he was up on the table posing in front of everyone and I remembered thinking why would he need to that with a group of friends. Of course he was obviously an extravert. Anyway we stayed for a couple of hours then moved onto another party... there were always parties in those days. Anyway would you believe that my friend and I couldn't reconcile our differences and we didn't see each other again until about 11 years later. Missed the whole INXS period... what a shame. :tongue_smilie: Well that's one of my claims to fame.

Now the blue hair. I had peacock blue in my hair for one weekend, everyone made such a fuss that I coloured over it. I used to put pink in my hair so was kind of a punk but not too crazy. I was called chunky punky by a guy at a party once... wasn't funny at the time but can't help but laugh at it now! :tt1: Sounds like we would have had a lot of fun together in the 80s, not forgetting the age difference of course.

you could always go in and school them on all the lap band trials and tribulations! Glad to hear you are doing well.

Thanks Shelly! :tongue_smilie: Now what did I miss? School who on the lap band trials and tribulations? :confused2:

Cindy the port pain is getting better thanks. Just felt a lump that moves under one of the cuts which is under my left breast. Of course now I'm going to stress about what it could be... any ideas??

Edited by Sades

Sades, I have a lump there too and its the port itself. Maybe yours is just closer to the surface. When do you see the surgeon again? Ask him to be sure.

I once went to a punk party when I was 17. We all had to dress up in punk outfits and only listened to punk music. We had a "costume contest" and I won! A year before that, I had streaks, not highlights, put in my hair when they first became popular. I must have been the hairdresser's first client cause he put uneven streaks throughput my hair that came out this weird shade of green. My mom flipped and made them dye them out! Then it just looked like weird highlights. The green was kinda cool! Our parents had nothing to worry about. Now our teens are getting every body part pierced and want tattoos. A little green, blue, or pink hair was nothing!!

Edited by cindyg1212

Sades, I have a lump there too and its the port itself. Maybe yours is just closer to the surface. When do you see the surgeon again? Ask him to be sure.

I once went to a punk party when I was 17. We all had to dress up in punk outfits and only listened to punk music. We had a "costume contest" and I won! A year before that, I had streaks, not highlights, put in my hair when they first became popular. I must have been the hairdresser's first client cause he put uneven streaks throughput my hair that came out this weird shade of green. My mom flipped and made them dye them out! Then it just looked like weird highlights. The green was kinda cool! Our parents had nothing to worry about. Now our teens are getting every body part pierced and want tattoos. A little green, blue, or pink hair was nothing!!

Ah the wonderful 80s hey Cindy. I thought my blue streaks were kind of cool as well, shame about that huh! :tongue_smilie:

Does your lump move? I'm going to see my GP today so I will get her to check it out.

Yes it does. A bit strange and I don't think I had it the first time.

OK...moving ports, punks with blue and green hair...am I tripping. I think that we would have had a blast together...not to mention probably good friends.

Memories...I feel so old right now.

Cindy

OK...moving ports, punks with blue and green hair...am I tripping. I think that we would have had a blast together...not to mention probably good friends.

Cindy

OMG, you have to see the aging hippies at these concerts - tie dye shirts, long gray hair, even the aroma of weed in the air! And it wasn't the teens doing the smoking! They crack me up! Then there's the middle age 80's crowd where we fit in having the best time. Some brought their kids with them. We didn't. My teen girl would be mortified to see us dancing and rocking to our music! :embaressed_smile:

Cindy

Hey man, who said that... :frown: :eek: 40 is not old, remember 50 is the new 40, so you're still a chickadee!! :lol:

OMG, you have to see the aging hippies at these concerts - tie dye shirts, long gray hair, even the aroma of weed in the air! And it wasn't the teens doing the smoking! They crack me up! Then there's the middle age 80's crowd where we fit in having the best time. Some brought their kids with them. We didn't. My teen girl would be mortified to see us dancing and rocking to our music! :eek:

The young ones are so funny... whenever there's a remix of an old song and we're singing with the song, they look at us like "huh, how do you know that". I've still got it... but not everyone wants it any more!! :lol:

I spoke to my GP today and she had a look at the "moving lump" and she said it feels like it's the tubing. I thought the port is where the biggest cut is. This is under the small cut under the left breast. I don't need any more complications. I called and made an appointment with my surgeon on 6 August but have asked the receptionist to talk to him and call me tomorrow.

Good Luck, Sades!

Hi all my fellow Nymphs

I went for my barium meal this morning (my time) and the xray dr said my band has slipped. I think it is only a slight slip but I'm not sure what that means. I am waiting to hear back from my dr's office to find out what my next move is. Naturally I am very sad about this. I knew I couldn't be eating the amount I was with such a large fill without something being wrong. At least I know now. :frown: I will keep you posted on what the dr says.

cheers

Sades

Good Luck, Sades!

Thanks Barb. It ended up being a misplaced band rather than a slip and I was rebanded on 10 July. Doing well so far.

Thanks Barb. It ended up being a misplaced band rather than a slip and I was rebanded on 10 July. Doing well so far.

Glad to hear you are doing well! Keep us posted. Have a great day!

Barb