Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok I did something I think Im not ready for

Ok, for the past few weeks since surgery, I have been feeling really well, so last night, I worked out on my AB Lounge. I did 60 on it, and right after, maybe no longer than 30 mins after I started getting nauseated, all night long, and woke up with it. I didnt go to work cause I was so nauseated. Also I have a pulling pain near my band. Could I have done something? My doc said it was ok, to work out on the AB Lounge, do you think its possible it was too soon? I need to know, cause I dont feel too well.

WOW, I think it is way too soon for that. My doctor said I can't do anything but walk until I hit my 6 week mark. If you keepfeeling like this you may want to get it checked out. Take Care.

I think that your assesment is correct, that you've done something that you're not ready for. My doc said absolutely no abdominal work for 6 weeks! You are just three weeks out! I would tell your surgeon and let him tell you what he thinks. I hope you feel better! A kind word....you're body is not the same body that you had, take care of it!

Amy

I think you may have done somthing to the band. My doctor told me not to do so much as a half situp or crunch until 2 months. He said i could only do walking, not even lite weights for 6 weeks.

Lena23

Im worried now, Im still really nauseated. I took a pain med, in hopes that I would feel better. Ate some mushies. couldnt finish all of it. Weird thing is, My husband, had a stomach bug to start last night. Im wondering if maybe I have some of it too. I dont know, I just think that I did something WAY too soon. I will call in the morning and let everyone know what he says. Thanks guys for the responses, I just feel horrible. There is pulling feeling, not major pain, but, some, right there near my band. Well see what he says. Think until then, Im back to full liquids, I dont want even think about food, even if it is mushies.

Leslie never thought I would say this to someone but I hope you have a stomach flu! Let us all know what your doctor says.

I did my first abdominals 4.5-5 weeks out and I had soreness for several days. I was uncomfortable and worried. It is definitely too early for abdominals.

I am definitely interested in hearing what the doctor says. Hopefully you feel much better tomorrow.

Im worried now, Im still really nauseated. I took a pain med, in hopes that I would feel better. Ate some mushies. couldnt finish all of it. Weird thing is, My husband, had a stomach bug to start last night. Im wondering if maybe I have some of it too. I dont know, I just think that I did something WAY too soon. I will call in the morning and let everyone know what he says. Thanks guys for the responses, I just feel horrible. There is pulling feeling, not major pain, but, some, right there near my band. Well see what he says. Think until then, Im back to full liquids, I dont want even think about food, even if it is mushies.

Probably a bit of overdoing it and the stomach bug both. but calling the doc is a good thing too let us know what he/she says :lol:

If your DH has a stomach bug I'd say its a sure bet you do too.

If you overdid things with the Ablounge, you'd be in physical pain, as in having ripped a muscle, burst stitches, dislocated your port. Nausea would be a very unusual symptom in this case. I get nauseous if I do a really really really long run, but that's different.

So soon after banding, you'd need to make sure you have some anti nausea medication to hand to prevent vomiting if possible. Ack. This happened to me five days out of surgery, the kids were chundering all over the damn house, and guess who had to clean it all up? But thankfully the medication worked. I got sick, it was inevitable, but had headaches, fever, body aches and pains, but not nausea or vomiting.

Fingers crossed for you, but in any case, it would be sensible to wait a bit longer to do the ab lounge.

Wow, I hope nothing is wrong with your band. My surgeon said nothing but walking for two months. He is not a fan of doing ab crunches at anytime. Good luck, keep us posted.

I was banded just a month ago and had my first post op and first fill today. Also met with physical therapy and that skinny ***** reamed me for not doing exercises in the last few weeks. She didnt seem to care that I have been in pain every day from my port. I did talk to my doc about it today and he examined the scar, said it probably wasn't infected but it was red and sore looking and he put me on an antibiotic just in case. He also said the port was in there to stay, that I couldn't hurt it by exercising and it couldn't hurt me. I am just going to go slow on ab exercises. He didn't really say do them or dont do them, I am just going to start slow. Wow you did 60?? I doubt if I could do 5 to start!! Hope all is well and its "only" the flu!

I hope you are feeling a bit better by now. I got my band on the same day as you and def. can tell when I've over done it with my abdominal muscles (and it's just lifting my kids when absolutely necessary). I feel a super tightness and a little pain, but not nauseated. I worried I pulled something, too, but the pain eases a bit. Hopefully it is just a bit of a stomach bug. If it keeps hurting, I would def. make an appt. to see your surgeon and have it looked at on xrays or ultrasound. Good luck!

Im not hurting today, so I said to myself, if I was hurting today, then i would talk to my surgeon, but, I feel fine today. I think it was a stomach bug that did it. Both my husband and me seem fine today, as for the ab lounge, Im stopping with that for now. When I go for my first fill I will ask him then, what I can and can not do. I guess for now, I sticking with walking. I was worried but, Im ok now. I can drink fluids ok, I havent eaten anything, well of course I dont eat during the day, I have my Protein Drinks. I will know tonight. Thanks all for being concerned. I was too. :thumbup:

Glad you are feeling better. The 6 week mark is key, especially for abs. You have stiches which hold the port in place so please be careful.