Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

Wow! I've dropped seven pounds in eight days! I could just kiss Dr. Tran. :-D

And better yet, no PBing, no problems eating (carefully) even in the morning. Just a subtle decrease in hunger level that allows me to not eat quite as much and as often. :tongue2::thumbup::lol:

I'll be darned, this thing actually works! :tt2:

Edited by orea15
spelling error!

WTG Orea! :tongue2::w00t::lol:

WOW Orea!! awesome!!!!

I lost another lb this week and as I look at the scale wishing it were more I think of both my parents that lost all their weight in like 5 months with Gastic bypass and yet have gained some of that weight back and are still struggling.. I cant help but think slow and steady is the way to go. I only have 100 more lbs!! at one lb a week that should take... forever! lol! but seriously.. I am sad for them and wish they would have known about this option. I guess I can praise God that other than still throwing up weekly at times.. they dont have any other major problems as so others I know do.. its scary.

its also nice to wear the tightest pants you have owned in the last 5 years and have them fit loosely or zip up a sweatshirt and not look like a stuffed sausage :tongue2: yay! for non-scale victories

When you get to goal. it won't matter a bit that you took a few more months to get there. It'll still be awesome, and you'll be there for the rest of your life. :tongue2:

We are going to develop the virtue of patience whether we like it or not! :lol:

Of course, if I could miraculously be at goal tomorrow, I'd take it. However, I think that the slower the process/progress, the more permanent the results. Although I've only lost 22 lbs in 4 months I'm still celebrating because I've never before steadily lost for 4 months. I've been on diets and lost that much weight in much less time but I've always gained it back and the longest I've ever stayed on any diet was 3 months. I'm not on a diet now and I'm steadily losing weight. It may take me 2 years to reach goal but this time, I know I will get there.

Congrats Orea, so glad to hear it. I'll do a happy dance for you!!

Wow! I've dropped seven pounds in eight days! I could just kiss Dr. Tran. :-D

And better yet, no PBing, no problems eating (carefully) even in the morning. Just a subtle decrease in hunger level that allows me to not eat quite as much and as often. :tongue2::thumbup::lol:

I'll be darned, this thing actually works! :tt2:

AWESOME! I am so happy for you!

Congratulation orea!!!!! I have been following your struggles and praying for you, because you are such a cheerleader for others. You deserve this. Donna, you are next!

I'm curious, have any of you tested yourself on the Ketostix? If you've ever been on an Atkins diet, you will know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I found some strips left over from a couple of years ago and tested my self today and the results said my ketone levels were moderate. I never reached moderate level even when I was doing Atkins before so I think I am at the fat burning stage.

That's great Donna, I think I'll see if i can find some tomarrow. I didn't even think of checking that.

Congratulation orea!!!!! I have been following your struggles and praying for you, because you are such a cheerleader for others. You deserve this. Donna, you are next!

Thanks so much! Your prayers are very appreciated. And I really needed them. :Dancing_wub:

I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts! :Dancing_sorry:

Hey ladies, my name is April and I am new to the site and just found this thread. Hope it's ok to jump in. I was banded on July 14,2008. I live in Indiana and have had good results but with many ups and downs. Not much restriction yet but feel like it will come just when I need it the most. When the will power wears off. It is so great that you all support each other and are there to it each other going.

Thanks, trying to go back on the thread and get caught up on each of your stories. You gals are GREAT! Lots of hard work and positive attitudes.

I'm curious, have any of you tested yourself on the Ketostix? If you've ever been on an Atkins diet, you will know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I found some strips left over from a couple of years ago and tested my self today and the results said my ketone levels were moderate. I never reached moderate level even when I was doing Atkins before so I think I am at the fat burning stage.

I haven't tested since I have been banded. I know I was in ketosis after surgery, because my breath was kicking.:Dancing_sorry: I eat too many carbs now to go into ketosis.