Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

LMAO!!!!! I think that's what we all need to do. shake those bad habits.

And 1 Day, Love the MOMs ROCK. But sometimes I think that's what helped get some of us in this boat. We spend so much time taking care of everyone else we forget to take care of ourselves. But Lord knows we DO ROCK, Who else gives more of themselves then a Mom.

That is so true we do give the most of ourselves. I wanted to change up my pic so I pick that sticker i had.

Just checking in.......not much to report. i am still doing three shakes and a lettuce salad with 4oz of chicken. One thing is for sure......taking food out of the diet helps.lol....I don't have to plan meals.

I hope all of you have a great weekend!

Just checking in.......not much to report. i am still doing three shakes and a lettuce salad with 4oz of chicken. One thing is for sure......taking food out of the diet helps.lol....I don't have to plan meals.

I hope all of you have a great weekend!

Arlene do you feel hungry at all? You said you were getting shakes on Baratric Advantage but can you use any shakes or do they have you on Opti fast?

Arlene do you feel hungry at all? You said you were getting shakes on Baratric Advantage but can you use any shakes or do they have you on Opti fast?

I am on Bariatric Advantage. I think you could buy any whey Protein at Walmart or GNC. Mine has 27 grams of protein. I buy it online and I think it is 35 servings for 49.95. When I add in fruit the calorie count is close to 200. I have been eating 4oz of chicken in place of one shake. You can also have two cups of broth a day( counts as part of Water intake) and a pickle.

Well, spring is officially here. I walked out this morning and started sneezing and can't seem to stop. My eyes are running too, but I love the warm weather. I had a bad weekend with Fibromyalgia.....partly due to weather change and partly due to babysitting all day. My GS is a year old and must weigh 28lbs. He is a chunk!

I will check in on my weigh in day......Wednesday.

Have a great week!

Sorry you had a hard day. I know what you mean about the grandbabies. I had 3 of them for spring break 3yrs,, 4yrs, and 6yrs. I also had a sinus infection, it was a hard week and I love them but was very glad to have my house back. I used the Bariatric Advantage for my 2wk pre op. I found them quite hard to take. I thought they tasted bad. Maybe they are better with the fruit. I kinda stick with the Atkins and the EAS advantage now oh and once a month I do order the pro joe. It is kinda costly with the shipping and handling but I like them so I work them in. I'll check back in the morning with my weekly weigh in.

Sorry you had a hard day. I know what you mean about the grandbabies. I had 3 of them for spring break 3yrs,, 4yrs, and 6yrs. I also had a sinus infection, it was a hard week and I love them but was very glad to have my house back. I used the Bariatric Advantage for my 2wk pre op. I found them quite hard to take. I thought they tasted bad. Maybe they are better with the fruit. I kinda stick with the Atkins and the EAS advantage now oh and once a month I do order the pro joe. It is kinda costly with the shipping and handling but I like them so I work them in. I'll check back in the morning with my weekly weigh in.

I agree .........I hated the Bariatric Advantage when I couldn't doctor it up, but now it tastes great. I just drank a vanilla shake with half a small banana and sf caramel Syrup. It was awesome. I have a lot of sf syrups for coffee. My husband likes to make capuccinos(sp). This morning I had a vanilla with sf orange syrup. It tasted like an Orange Julius. Do they still make those? I think you should drink what you like. I buy Pro Joe and use it for a Creamer. I make about three cups of coffee a day and use it.

Hello My name is Melissa AKA 1day at a time and I am a chocoholic.

I have been doing great all day I guess I was hungryor thirsty cause I saw and inhaled 6 mini reeses pb eggs and a regular size cadbury egg in no time flat as soon as I saw them in the kitchen. (It is hard not to keep stuff in the house cause my hubby buys it I don't but then I see it and forget it)

I have been doing good during the day with my shakes and Soup but I hardly drank anything today.

1st day back to work after a week off and it was hell. You know they missed you so they saved up work for you to do.

Okay any secret for getting rid of the sugar carb cravings we all get? It's emotional chocolate is like a sub for $ex and other stuff. I can get rid of my BF for a while but then it comes back with a vengance. I have not mastered the beck technique yet and no Janet I have not wrote my letter to my friend my food.< /span>

Oh I walked during lunch today that is a plus but chocolate is not a reward I know that

Just checking in. I had a tiny fill this morning and I'm down another 2 lbs, so 20 to go til goal. My doctor asked me not to lose anymore weight, but I feel horrible and fat, so I will continue until I feel happy with my weight and comfortable in my own body.

I had a bad weekend with Fibromyalgia.....partly due to weather change and partly due to babysitting all day. My GS is a year old and must weigh 28lbs. He is a chunk!

Have a great week!

I saw my oldest (stepdaughter) this weekend for the strawberry Festival at my in-laws. She has fibro and had a bad episode last week. Her lyrica helps, but when it acts up, she has horrible swelling. Along with my daughter, my 3 granddaughters were there, and we had a blast. Pictures are below. Ladies, I realized when I got home and downloaded the pics, that I still have an aversion to the camera. I had every intention to take some progress photos, but it didn't happen. How long is it going to take for me to get over this? I mean, it is bad enough that I don't have a before pic. I am serious. I don't have one. The closest thing I have is a pic taken 1 month AFTER surgery when I had already lost 20 lbs. Jeez, I am pathetic.

The pics below are of my kids and grandkids.

In order:

• Josh, my 15 yr old
  • 4 yr old Gracie and 6 yr old Alyssa
  • 19 month old granddaughter Miley
  • Alyssa
  • my 18 yr old Alex

Oh, and this was supposed to be a multi-post, but OBVIOUSLY I am unable to figure out how to do it.:thumbup:

Charlene you amaze me with your tenacity on staying with the shakes. You are much stronger than me, I suck! I can't wait until school gets out so I can get a fill. It is time, since I haven't had one since Nov '08!!!

post-40009-13813139246746_thumb.jpg

post-40009-1381313924721_thumb.jpg

post-40009-13813139247493_thumb.jpg

post-40009-13813139247756_thumb.jpg

post-40009-13813139248187_thumb.jpg

Okay any secret for getting rid of the sugar carb cravings we all get? It's emotional chocolate is like a sub for $ex and other stuff. I can get rid of my BF for a while but then it comes back with a vengance. I have not mastered the beck technique yet and no Janet I have not wrote my letter to my friend my food.< /span>

Oh I walked during lunch today that is a plus but chocolate is not a reward I know that

Hey 1 day.. I heard that eating Proteins ONLY for a few days helps stop the carb/sugar crave cycle. I havent tried it. but Ive heard good things. :) good luck! I know that chocolate thing is a bear.. and Its so hard not to REWARD yourself with it.. bad habit! I at least cant eat most chocolate because of my milk allergy :thumbup:

first off, Crzy: What a beautiful family. 1 Day: cocholate craving fix: 2 pks of diet swiss miss 1 pk splender and 1 tsp ff carmel topping. Mix well, Top with cool whip free drizzle another 1/2 tsp ff carmel over whip cream= 125 calories. You can reward yourself for walking with this one, and if you want an extra kick sub 1tsp ff carmel with 1tsp chocolate whey Protein.< /p>

TUESDAY WEIGH IN: Down 1 more lb. I am getting very excited about nearing my goal.:thumbup:

Edited by kimaly

Just checking in. I had a tiny fill this morning and I'm down another 2 lbs, so 20 to go til goal. My doctor asked me not to lose anymore weight, but I feel horrible and fat, so I will continue until I feel happy with my weight and comfortable in my own body.
I say that you know your body better then anyone and you know how you want to feel and look. Congrats on the 2lbs:thumbup:

crzyt, Beautiful family! I loved the pics!

Kimaly.......you go girl! almost there!

Blaze...... You know your body and what feels good.

Shrink.....yes only Protein for about 3 days will take away your sweet tooth... Melissa.......try it and see what it does for you.

I am weighing in tomorrow. I think i am only down two. The weather is getting warmer and I always weigh a few extra lbs in the spring and summer......genetics I guess.

Thanks everyone for the advice. Arlene can't wait to her what your loss is now.