Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

That's a really good idea, in the trunk it goes. I bet it drives me crazy. Changing the subject. I never thought I would say this but I'm getting really sick of food. I'm tired of the things I can eat and it just makes me want nothing alot of the times. (of coarse with the exception of the things I can't have) I'm tired of trying to come up with new ideas. Which mostly involve chicken or fish and at this point I have lost the taste for both no matter how you cook it. and another subject change: My ex (which is still a good friend of mine) stopped by the job yesterday to say hi to me and the DH and he asked why my eyes were a little puffy so I told him and he said that I was becomming quite fake, Nothing is really me anymore, When I inquired about what he meant he said if your fat your fat and if your skinny your skinny and so on and so on. He also said he liked me the way I was, Natural. I just said if you liked me that much then why did you have so many affairs? Most of my friends are really pissing me off with their comments about my weightloss and how I got to take the easy way out, I'm starting to not like them so much anymore. Anyone else feeling this way? Maybe it's just me, possible bad mood day.

Whenever you have a major loss there is always change. You know my friend and I had weight loss surgery at the same time. I had lap-band(all I could have) and she had bypass. I lost 65+ and she lost 120. I took her to all her appointments and nutrition classes because she won't drive in downtown Houston. We are still communicating, but not close. She got involved in "second life" online. She is addicted to it. She won't go anywhere with me. I moved on with other friends. I think we both changed and moved in different directions. As far as food.......yep, I am tired of chicken. I am tired of journaling. Sometimes I wish I could eat "bad" food and get away with it. That is not my reality. Thank goodness my DH and I eat the same. He has lost 85lbs(bypass last July). That gets me down too. So, starting March1 I go to my doctors new medical weight loss plan. I will give y'all the details next week.

So, Kimaly, I can relate. Our change is more than food. It affects every aspect of our lives. That is why we need to support one another to keep ourselves in check.

HUGS! for you

I bet it is hard watching the DH lose so fast as some of us bandsters struggle for every pound. I think that would be quite depressing at times, Not that I wouldn't be happy for him because I would. It would just be a hard thing to watch. If you don't mind me asking: Why was the band your only choice? Bypass may be faster and have a larger overall loss but they still have things to deal with such as dumping and a life long struggle with nutrition. I still say if I had known then what I know now I think I would have gone with the sleeve. I guess we all have some sort of price we have to pay.

I bet it is hard watching the DH lose so fast as some of us bandsters struggle for every pound. I think that would be quite depressing at times, Not that I wouldn't be happy for him because I would. It would just be a hard thing to watch. If you don't mind me asking: Why was the band your only choice? Bypass may be faster and have a larger overall loss but they still have things to deal with such as dumping and a life long struggle with nutrition. I still say if I had known then what I know now I think I would have gone with the sleeve. I guess we all have some sort of price we have to pay.

I have had two colon resections......with both of them I got a bowel obstruction. One of the surgeries was because the first one formed scar tissue around the surgery and closed up my colon. He did not want to do bypass because of all the adhesions. He wants me to do this supervised diet before considering doing a sleeve. What I didn't tell you is this is an all liquid diet. I will be on shakes for several months. They are not the shakes you can buy at the store. I am going Monday and get the information and then make my decision. I don't know how much this costs and I am sure it is self pay. I have heard of alot of people losing to their goal. I think he wants me to lose quickly then he will fill my band. Not sure. I will let you know.

Yep, it is not easy watching my friend then my husband lose so fast. I have another friend going in March for bypass too. The doctor even commented how it wasn't fair for me. He told me I was going to get upset. I am up for this. I gotta get this off!

I'm so sorry you have had so much trouble, I had know idea. I feel really bad complaining about the types of food I eat while your on a liquid diet for so long. That's gonna take great will power. Know one will ever be able to tell me lapband is the easy way out for weightloss. Those that have not gone through it have know idea how much work it can be. As always thoughts and prayers are with you.

I'm so sorry you have had so much trouble, I had know idea. I feel really bad complaining about the types of food I eat while your on a liquid diet for so long. That's gonna take great will power. Know one will ever be able to tell me LAP-BAND® is the easy way out for weightloss. Those that have not gone through it have know idea how much work it can be. As always thoughts and prayers are with you.

Yeah, Lap band is not really for a person that has a BMI 50 or over. I have at least lost half of my desired weight loss. Sometimes I wish I would have talked him into the bypass, but the other side of me wonders how many surgeries I would have due to obstructions. Oh well, it is what it is. I am not discouraged. I will have more weight loss. Thanks for supporting me. I will report in after my Monday night appt.

I started with a BMI of exactly 50. I haven't lost all of my weight, but I am happy with what I have lost so far. If I could go on and get a Tummy Tuck and boob lift, I wouldn't care if I ever lost another pound. I need the belly flap taken off and the girls put back where they should be :wink2:

I started with a BMI of exactly 50. I haven't lost all of my weight, but I am happy with what I have lost so far. If I could go on and get a Tummy Tuck and boob lift, I wouldn't care if I ever lost another pound. I need the belly flap taken off and the girls put back where they should be :wink2:

That is awesome. My BMI was almost 53. My doctor just thinks if you have a BMI over 50 you should consider bypass. I think it might be because after you lose so much depending on your metabolism you reach that dreaded plateau. It is just easier to get it off faster with bypass. I am also older with a metabolism of a rock. ( does that make sense?). I am pleased that I have kept my weight off.......with the exception of 5 lbs from Christmas.

Some people that have had bypass do look sickly until they get ps. My DH just looks smaller.

I guess it's just luck of the draw, Some bypass people look great and others can look terrible. My friend had it and she looks like a crack head. People I run into have even asked me if she's on drugs. And they go on to say how bad she looks. Even her skin tone is not the same. But I don't think she has any idea, She's just happy because she is so thin. So be it. The doctor told me I have a metabolic disorder and I still don't know what he means by that. I'm losing the weight and I'm happy with the loss even if it's not as fast as I'd like it to be. I'm with Crzytchr, I wish I could get PS(a thigh lift and a facelift) And I'd be good to go. I don't think it will happen because I was self pay for the band and already had a breast lift and implants and a few years ago I had a Tummy Tuck to remove an 11lb flap of over hang. It's cost us a lot of out of pocket money.

I guess it's just luck of the draw, Some bypass people look great and others can look terrible. My friend had it and she looks like a crack head. People I run into have even asked me if she's on drugs. And they go on to say how bad she looks. Even her skin tone is not the same. But I don't think she has any idea, She's just happy because she is so thin. So be it. The doctor told me I have a metabolic disorder and I still don't know what he means by that. I'm losing the weight and I'm happy with the loss even if it's not as fast as I'd like it to be. I'm with Crzytchr, I wish I could get PS(a thigh lift and a facelift) And I'd be good to go. I don't think it will happen because I was self pay for the band and already had a breast lift and implants and a few years ago I had a Tummy Tuck to remove an 11lb flap of over hang. It's cost us a lot of out of pocket money.

I here ya! PS is expensive, but i want my tummy done. Does that require much recovery time?

When I had mine done I weighed about 267lbs so maybe it would be different 100lbs lighter I'm not sure but it was about 4 weeks before I was pretty much back to normal. I moved 10 days after having it and over did it a bit but I learned my lesson from that. I think that's why my belly is doing pretty good now considering. The bottom is pretty good but the top is wrinkled with an indention line down the center. If I had another one I'm almost sure my PS would want to do an inverted T incission But with the past PS and the band my poor DH has spent over $33 G's and that's not counting fills. Thus far I've cost him more then my car did. So I don't think I'll be gettin it anytime soon.:biggrin:

Hey all just checking in. I wanted to put my two cents in. I could not had the Bypass either do to Liver and gall bladder surgeries. Too much scar tissue. My mom had it and sometimes I envy her but she has put back on 25 lbs and says she never really met "HER" goal. She had the Tummy Tuck and everything but it is all mental I try to tell her but she does not undestand she seems to still be looking for a quick fix like some of us do. Let me know about the liquid diet or what the Dr says Charlene? Meanwhile I am still gaining and losing the same pound but that is cause I have not fully jumped back in. I can't get out of my own head

Also checking in with weekly weigh in and no change to report. Guess I'm with 1 Day, Gotta get out of my own head. And stay away from the snickerdoodles I made the grandbabies.

At least we understand each others demons and pain I am so happy we have all stayed on this site to help each other.

I'm finding it so hard and confussing trying to figure out which recipes and foods to choose. If you go low fat it's high in carbs and if you go low carb it seems to be high in fat. These are the days I get fustrated with the whole thing. sorry to go on but this happens every week with me when i'm making my shopping list. Do any of ya'll have this problem?

I do I just try to eat a small portion of what I cook my family but keep the rest of the day pretty much the same high Protein be it a shake or tuna or something like that. But with me my real meal is not till dinner. Due to my band being so crazy right now. i am not saying I am correct i just want to say I complety understand what you are saying. You could go crazy with all the food choices. What to eat, not to eat it is crazy and each Dr is different. So nwe all get mixed signals