Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

I'm still here trying to get these last 26 lbs off. I'm not really concerned with the holiday eating. We didn't Celebrate thanksgiving this year and christmas dinner is still up in the air. I'm having poor self image issues which have actually gone a little further than I thought, but I'll get through it. Hope all is well with you guys/gals. :wink2:

Hang in there Blaze you can do it. I struggle with my self images so started talking to a therapist to try to work it out. It is difficult but hang in there I think we will all get through our demons.

I'm still here trying to get these last 26 lbs off. I'm not really concerned with the holiday eating. We didn't Celebrate thanksgiving this year and christmas dinner is still up in the air. I'm having poor self image issues which have actually gone a little further than I thought, but I'll get through it. Hope all is well with you guys/gals. :wink2:
The self image issues, Do you know where they're comming from? I know the ones I have are from loose skin. But on the bright side I look pretty good with my clothes on. And girl, Celebrate! We all need a brake once in awhile. We're having our dinner Christmas eve when the grandbabies come over to open gifts. I'm just making a big pot of New England clam chowder and scallops wrapped in bacon and some healthy finger foods.

The self image issues, Do you know where they're comming from? I know the ones I have are from loose skin. But on the bright side I look pretty good with my clothes on. And girl, Celebrate! We all need a brake once in awhile. We're having our dinner Christmas eve when the grandbabies come over to open gifts. I'm just making a big pot of New England clam chowder and scallops wrapped in bacon and some healthy finger foods.

I'm not happy with the way my stomach looks. I have some loose skin but it seems to be bouncing back pretty well. I spend too much time in the mirror in my underwear picking myself apart. In my clothes I'm the cutest thing, lol. It's just something I have to work on.

LMAO, Try a shaping cami with high rise shaper panties and you'll still be the cutest thing. Works for me, as long as I use the mirror in the living room. It doesn't show my thighs

Hi Everyone!! You guys are looking good!!

Hi Everyone!! You guys are looking good!!
How wonderful! you look great. And you had to move your goal down, That's really fantastic. I was thinking of moving mine up just so I could say I hit it.(lol)Anyway good work and you look FAB!:thumbup:

I found this recipe, I tried it and thought it was really good so I thought I would share with those who are as tired of chicken and fish as I am:

Flemish Beef Stew

115525_yr_feature.jpg

• Serves 8

1. Ingredients

1. 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
  2. 2 pounds bottom round, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
  3. 3/4 pound sliced cremini or white button mushrooms
  4. 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  5. 2 cups brown ale or dark beer
  6. 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
  7. 1 large onion, chopped
  8. 1 clove garlic, minced
  9. 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  10. 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
  11. 3/4 teaspoon salt
  12. 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
  13. 1 bay leaf

Nutrition Info

Per Serving

• Calories: 236 kcal
  • Carbohydrates: 12 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 2 g
  • Fat: 11 g
  • Protein: 17 g
  • Sugars: 6 g

About: Nutrition Info newwin12_1.gif

Powered by: ESHA Nutrient Database newwin12_1.gif

2. Cooking Directions

1. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add half the beef and brown on all sides, turning frequently, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a 6-quart slow cooker. Drain any fat from the pan. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and brown the remaining beef. Transfer to the slow cooker.
  2. Return the skillet to medium heat, add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until they give off their liquid and it evaporates to a glaze, 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle flour over the mushrooms; cook undisturbed for 10 seconds, then stir and cook for 30 seconds more. Pour in ale (or beer); bring to a boil, whisking constantly to reduce foaming, until thickened and bubbling, about 3 minutes. Transfer the mushroom mixture to the slow cooker.
  3. Add carrots, onion, garlic, mustard, caraway seeds, salt, pepper and bay leaf to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
  4. Put the lid on and cook on low until the beef is very tender, about 8 hours. Discard the bay leaf before serving.

Yield: 8 servings

Edited by kimaly

Hey Butterflies, how's it going? I just got back from Hawaii. We had a great time. It was so nice to fit in the plane seat without a seat belt extender. I was able to walk and tour all around the islands with ease. Even though I did not reach my goal this year I am still thankful for getting the band. Well, I hope some of you post during the holidays. You know this season is a challenge for us with food issues. Journal! No sliders! Support! Take Care!

Charlene, I am glad you had a great time in Hawaii. I bet it was fabulous. Isn't it great to be able to enjoy it since your weightloss?!

Charlene, I am glad you had a great time in Hawaii. I bet it was fabulous. Isn't it great to be able to enjoy it since your weightloss?!

Yes, it was great! I did gain 4lbs, but I have lost 3 of them. I realized on my trip that I don't need another fill, I need to fill my time with something other than food. After a year and a half I am learning to eat slower. Everything I learned in nurtrition class is finally clicking. And I am more realistic about my goal. I plan on losing 25lbs next year.

Hey Butterflies, how's it going? I just got back from Hawaii. We had a great time. It was so nice to fit in the plane seat without a seat belt extender. I was able to walk and tour all around the islands with ease. Even though I did not reach my goal this year I am still thankful for getting the band. Well, I hope some of you post during the holidays. You know this season is a challenge for us with food issues. Journal! No sliders! Support! Take Care!
So glad ya'll had a great time. And your not the only one that didn't reach goal this year, But I beleave we'll all get there sooner or later.

Edited by kimaly

Kimaly............We can do this! .......weight loss that is. Right now I am going to the doctor on Wednesday to get a medicine for Fibromyalgia. I hope I don't have side effects. I think she is starting me on Savella. I know Lyrica makes people gain weight so I surely don't need that one. Girl, this weather change everyday is keeping me hurting all night long. Tylenol helps, but only for a short time. I heard this stuff was painful, but I had know idea it was that bad. It is like a Migraine of the body. I ache like the flu, and I have IBS. My adhesions sting in my abdomen. Okay, enough venting. Thanks for the support so my family doesn't have to hear me whine all the time. I wish I had the money to move to Hawaii and not have to deal with the weather. I did not have one pain in the warm weather. Oh well, our weather is good from March till September..........come on March!

I'm really sorry you have such a tough time with your health, I'm sure it makes it even harder. I hate when I don't feel good. Tonight I'm just a little fustrated, I guess I'm craving something and just don't know what it is and even if I did I'm sure it wouldn't be good for me. It seems like the things that taste good are bad for you and the stuff that is good for you taste bad so remined me why we have taste buds anyway. If we never had them we would just eat when we're hungry and would never know what we were missing there for never fat. But back to real life. I guess I'm just fustrated. I've lost 6lbs since my last fill in July and 3 of them were just in the past 3wks. The fill before that Feb-July I lost 10lbs. I talked to my Dr. and he said I have a metabolic deformity, I think that's crap, I never heard of such a thing. Oh well maybe I won't be so grumpy in the morning. Thanks in advance for letting me vent. :)

Vent away..........that is what this place if for. I went to the doctor today and got me the H1N1 shot. I was concerned it was a live virus, but the shot is not live......only the nasal spray. She said none of her patients have gotten sick from the shot. I didn't even get yucky feeling like I do with the regular flu shot. Anyway, I got something for this Fibromyalgia. I am gonna start it this weekend. Oh, I blew my eating today.............I went out this evening for Mexican food. I ate cheese enchiladas........well, one enchilada and a tablespoon of guacamole. I love that stuff. It is my weakness. Okay, back on track tomorrow!

I'm really glad you got something to help. I've not had eather Flu shot. I guess I should stop putting it off. And Mexican food, I love love love it. or should I say I use to love love love it. Now the closest to Mexican food I get is a pinto and cheese from Taco bell once every 5 or 6 months. Thanks for letting me vent yesterday, I guess I was a little down because I'm trying to get some exercise and I've been doing the Wii fit plus and switching off with the biggest loser game. I'll work out I'm tired I feel like I did something and then BAM! the calorie counter comes up and says i've burned a total of 138 calories (well wow) that's nothing. So of coarse I want to go eat and I have my choice of half a dozen healthy things that don't really satisfy my craving and have more calories in them then I just burned.I guess I just have to deal. I knew this was going to be a lifestyle change, Boy old habits are hard to break. And how hateful is This: I see a skinny person sucking down a big juicy cheeseburger and I just want to go over and kick um. It's terrible food is such an issue for some of us.