Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

Come on people, Check in. I'm gettin lonely on this thread!:biggrin:

sorry girl, I just have been busy with the grandbaby. Nothing new to report........not pbing anymore, but now I am hungry........what's up with that? One moment I am sliming.......then I don't get full. I haven't lost since I was so tight. I am begining to think 700 calories is what I ought to shoot for because 1200 is too many to lose on. I am just frustrated, and it doesn't help that my DH is losing 4lbs a week.......yep he has lost 21lbs since July 15th. Oh well, I will keep traveling along on this journey.

I just got a slight unfill this past Friday. I was way too tight and couldn't eat anything for nearly 2 months. I did lose about 5 lbs during that time while I did a very high Protein liquid diet. I can eat now but I'm trying to figure everything out. It feels as if I'm starting from scratch.

That's funny! Also I must say I can't beleave your 41, You look fantastic!!:w00t:

THANK YOU! I always just think that the fat is filling in the wrinkles. My face has always been fairly "round".:biggrin: I must say that I don't feel 41 on most days. Before banding, I rarely felt under 60! The abuse I put on my poor body, carrying all the weight was awful.

Hi July Butterflies!

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jen. I was banded on 07/22/08 but I have not posted to this thread before. I joined this forum around the time I was banded but never posted or kept up reading posts. I just spent the last few days reading the entire thread...yes, the entire thread...so I feel like I know all of you already.

So far I have lost 68 lbs. My weight loss has been pretty stagnant for many months now and I know it is because I am not eating properly. It seems old habits have come creeping back in. I'm obsessed with food. I think about it all the time, thinking about what I am going to eat all day. It's crazy and I hate it. When I first got banded I was amazed at how little interest I had in food. I was not tempted by bad foods and I stuck to the plan. But eventually I started back into old habits.

I have never attended a support group before so now here I am. It has been inspiring to read all of your stories. I really appreciate that others feel the way I do and it makes me feel better that I'm not alone in this battle. I am hoping to take control again.

In order to do this I did the 5 day pouch test. For the most part I stuck to it and I am looking forward to weighing myself tomorrow to see if I lost any weight. I really hope I did so it will give me the motivation to get back on track.

Thank you everybody for sharing your stories, I am looking forward to being more active in this forum and interacting with you all.

Hi July Butterflies!

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jen. I was banded on 07/22/08 but I have not posted to this thread before. I joined this forum around the time I was banded but never posted or kept up reading posts. I just spent the last few days reading the entire thread...yes, the entire thread...so I feel like I know all of you already.

Wanted to welcome you, so glad to have you. I don't go to a support group eather, Can't find one in my area. But am so very thankful for this forum. It is my support group and the people on here are more like friends to me then faceless words on my laptop. They hear you when you just want to vent, and they support you when you need a boost and sometimes fuss at you if you really need it. congrats on the loss so far and good luck on the weigh-in today. Let us know how it goes good or bad and we'll be here for you.

Kimaly:smile2:

THANK YOU! I always just think that the fat is filling in the wrinkles. My face has always been fairly "round".:o I must say that I don't feel 41 on most days. Before banding, I rarely felt under 60! The abuse I put on my poor body, carrying all the weight was awful.
I keep telling everyone with every 5lbs I lose I gain 1yr in my face. I guess everyone has a price they pay and this is mine. I can deal. But am almost sure I'll be giving myself the gift of a facelift maybe on my 50th. LOL

Wanted to welcome you, so glad to have you. I don't go to a support group eather, Can't find one in my area. But am so very thankful for this forum. It is my support group and the people on here are more like friends to me then faceless words on my laptop. They hear you when you just want to vent, and they support you when you need a boost and sometimes fuss at you if you really need it. congrats on the loss so far and good luck on the weigh-in today. Let us know how it goes good or bad and we'll be here for you.

Kimaly:smile2:

Thanks Kimaly!

Well I weighed in today...drumroll please.....5 lbs lost in 5 days!! Woohooo!! I am so excited that all my efforts weren't for nothing. Actually the 5DPT wasn't horrible but I did miss having veggies. I am really craving a salad. The only bad thing I can say about the 5DPT is that I am sooooo constipated. Hoping to fix that soon. I learned a lot in the last 5 days. Actually I realized how much I want to eat out of boredom. But the 5DPT was great because I was so limited in what I could eat that I couldn't graze on bad Snacks, actually I really saw how the Protein maintains a full feeling throughout the day. If anyone is looking for a kick in the butt I really suggest trying this for 5 days.

:thumbup:

Thanks Kimaly!

Well I weighed in today...drumroll please.....5 lbs lost in 5 days!! Woohooo!!

:thumbup:

BIG WOOHOO!! Happy Dance!!:):w00t:

Hey all I am here doing well just been busy alot i will check in more

JAL........WooHOO! congrats!

Kimaly, a friend of mine lost 120lbs last year from gastric bypass, and it took a toll on her face. About a month ago she had a Lifestyle Lift. They did her lids and lypo under her chin. They do it while you are awake. It is all done by numbing with shots. It took those deep lines out of her face, and looked very natural. I think she paid 7,000. A lift without the lids is 4100.

JAL........WooHOO! congrats!

Kimaly, a friend of mine lost 120lbs last year from gastric bypass, and it took a toll on her face. About a month ago she had a Lifestyle Lift. They did her lids and lypo under her chin. They do it while you are awake. It is all done by numbing with shots. It took those deep lines out of her face, and looked very natural. I think she paid 7,000. A lift without the lids is 4100.

Yes, I've been looking into it. But when you have so much that needs to be done you have to pick and choose. I need a thigh lift, they look the worst. another tummy tuck(had one years ago) bottom looks ok but the top is not so good, I can deal with the bat wings But you just can't cover that face. So I guess it will come down to the lifestyle lift and Tummy Tuck. But that is a long time away, I want to reach goal weight and hold it for at least a year then I'll look into all of that.

I must say this is a hell of a journey, Everyone reminds you when you get down that you didn't get fat over night and you won't lose it over night. but I must say I had a lot more fun getting fat then I am losing it. (LOL) But not being obese is much much better then being obese Just not as much fun. Well that's my mindless ramble for the day.

Kimaly.......mine is my stomach . With all those surgeries and weight loss it is like a basketball ready to drop...........yuk. I even have to buy bigger pants because they won't fit over it. Anyone know a sure fire exercise to reduce the lower abdomen? Oh, I have a bad back too so it can't be to strenuous.

Hi friends, I know it has been a while since I checked in. I wanted to wait until I had some good news for a change. My husband got a job, and started last week. He is working at the Pentagon! The pay is about 2/3 of what he was making with Boeing, but it is enough to pay the mortgage, etc. His actual work hasn't started yet, as he is still going through the process of getting all of the security badges he needs, etc. I've been kind of holding my breath to see if he would come home relaxed and happy, or exhausted and depressed. So far, it's looking good. He has adjusted to taking Metro instead of driving. He only got on the wrong train once! He corrected himself the second time. ;-) And best yet, he said yesterday that it might even turn out to be a fun job. Which was what I have been praying for all these months, a job he would enjoy. A job he would come home happy about instead of frustrated and angry.

He was talking last night about how long to get completely vested, which will take most of three calendar years, but he was talking like it's very doable.

So. I'm finally starting to relax a little. There was another job he really wanted, which would have involved a small move. That interview was scheduled for a few days after this job offer arrived, but despite promising to get back to him in a day or so, they never got back to him at all, so he took this position. Which is why we weren't quite celebrating immediately. There were some mixed feelings involved.

He doesn't get his first paycheck for a few weeks, and of course we will be interested to see what size it actually is. That will relax me more, too.

Our son finally got to start his first real post college job a couple of weeks ago. He got his first half paycheck last week, and said it was really nice to be back in double digits, financially. He is anxious to start paying us back for the college loans we made to him, and for the work clothes he put on our credit card since he had nothing appropriate for that.

Now I really need to refocus on the weight loss effort. And on exercise.

Hugs,

Orea

4_6_100.gif 4_1_112.gif WOOHOO!!! alright Orea, So happy for you and yours. Happy days are here again, And welcome back!!!!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZJxdm035YYUS