Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Turns out i might be going to Atlanta for work in december (and Bakersfield) Lokk out Georgia girl!

LOL....cool. It's been quite a while since I've been to Atlanta. I'm a good 4 hours away from there. I went Christmas shopping there about 5 years ago and haven't been there since. Atlanta is like the "New York" of Georgia, lol. It's a very big city compared to where I live. Hope you have a great time!

Another 30 minute walk/run. I ran several short intervals and ended with a 1/2 mile straight run and then a cool off walk. (I took those crazy hose off, that made it easier)

Hope everyone is doing well.

Wow, its so great to see everyone posting!

Sugar... congrats on the run... ohhh you're so close to onderland and 100 lbs! I still haven't moved mine any further, but know it will come very soon. Keep it up!!!

Renewed... good for you (but don't overdo it). On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most, how would you rate your overall pain/discomfort during your healing process?

Lyn... glad you had a nice trip. I missed you.

I'm finding it difficult to keep the running up now that I'm working. I knew this would happen, so I shouldn't be surprised, but want to figure it out. For those who work, when do you run? Any advice?

I got a fill today. liquids for 2 days. I am kind of glad to be on the liquids- it is kind of Cleansing. Like starting over.

I still struggle with working the running in during the work week. I have the time; I lack the motivation. I need a boost.

Kathy, I would rate the pain/discomfort initially at about a 4. Now it is a 1 at the worst. It isn't really pain. In the beginning getting up and down was the worst as with any surgery. The thing I struggle with the most is mentally. The compression garment and binder make me feel closterphobic in my own body if that makes sense. I don't really sleep well at night because I wake up when I move around in the bed. The limited activity makes me afraid I will lose my drive and motivation. I haven't really been following a "diet" lately because this is a healing time not a weightloss time. So, I guess the biggest deal is that I am afraid of falling of the wagon.

Having said all of that, I am really doing great. i just have moments. I can sleep on my tummy, back, or side now. I don't have to sleep with pillows under my legs or my wedge under my head. The swelling is much better. Getting up and down is not even difficult. This is TMI, but DH and I have even resumed relations without difficulty, just very carefully. I won't tell you at what point after surgery we resumed that because I would probably be in big trouble with my cybermom, Kathy. LOL Anyway, I love the way my body looks. I can't wait to wear clothes without all these garments underneath. I want to know what I reallyl look and feel like.

Ok, that was a book. Probably much more than you asked for, but the main struggles are definately mentally, because physically, I am one pretty tough gal.

I just love that we can come to this thread and share our most personal things and have this support. You guys are the best!!!

Mamato, I see you. What's the latest on the job??

It seems that this has been the week for a fill. My scale has finally started moving again Yahoooo!!! I have been pretty much at a stand still for about 6-8 weeks, so I was glad to get a fill.

Kathy - I ran/walked as soon as I got home from work(school). I put a roast in the crockpot this morning, DH had off today so he added the potatoes and carrots this afternoon. So I did not have to worry about cooking dinner when I got home. DS (12 next month) ran with me, well I should say that we went at the same time. He walks to the top of the hill with me and then he is off. I pass him when he is on his way back home. So he runs the whole mile and a half. We go 3/4 a mile and then turn around. (Right before the big house with the big dog) You just started working again. You'll fall into a schedule that works for you.

Renewed -:thumbdown: I'm sure hubby likes the new you.

The Bitter and the Sweet

The Sweet:

I went for my morning run this morning, at my local park as I'm home from site. Most mornings when I go, there are 3-4 quite elderly people down there with their dogs and we always smile and wave. One old guy (80+) always calls out to me as I puff my way past "That'll do you some good!!" I smile and wave. Today, he was walking with another old lady and as I passed them, I heard her say to him "Have you seen how much weight she's dropped?" and he replied, "Yes, she's doing great, isn't she?" That was sweet.

The Bitter:

At the end of my run, as I was leaving the park, all of the oldies (4 of them today) had gathered together in the corner where I leave and were chatting. I stopped and chatted for a while and the lady was asking how I was doing. I have no qualms about sharing and was proudly telling her that I had lost 37kg!! They were all suitably impressed, which was lovely, until one of the old guys (different one from earlier), remarked "Wow, you must have looked really horrible before!" I had to laugh, however, and just smile and say "yes, I did, but I'm getting better now."

Renewed... thanks for sharing. I often wondered just how difficult this surgery is. Glad you are healing up so well. Any as your cyberfriend (not mom), I'm glad you resumed your marrital relations... healthy and fun!!! LOL.

Fanny... forget the bitter... some people don't know how to socialize properly. Just hang onto the sweet, and oh how sweet that must have felt. Congrats!

Lyn... glad your fill went well.

Sugar... Ohhhh you are so close! Glad the weight is starting to drop.

We are going on a bit of a road trip today. Heading to Port Huron to do a bit of shopping and just get out of the city. Port Huron is our closest boarder city, so we often go over to the US for the afternoon for shopping. They also have this great playground that the kids love.

Well now that TOM is leaving, my weight is starting to drop. I'm hoping by end of next week I'll be in Onderland.

Kathy - I am at 206 again today. I need to be at 204 for the 100 pound mark. Then on to Onderland.

I just finished the Gilad Total Body Scuplt on Fit TV. He busted my abs today. I have such a problem with my neck, so abs are really hard for me.

I am cleaning out my closet today. I am so grateful for friends lending me clothes for this in-between size. I guess I sort of motivated a few of my teacher friends, because over the summer several of them dropped 20-30+ pounds. So their clothes are too big. They benefit and so do I.

Speaking of clothes. I went from a 26-28 (3X/4X)(some of the pants were tight) to an 18-20 (XL/1X)(depending on how they are made). YIPEEE!!! I have most of my weight in my belly - not much butt.

Do you girls have a goal weight or size that you want to be or are you going to just lose weight until you are happy with the way you feel and look? I have been big for so long that I am not sure about sizes and weight. I just know that I want to be healthy and fit. What about you? BTW, I am 5'6".

I am 5'5'' and I want to be under 150, so I set my goal weight at 145. I want to wear a comfortable size 6-8 depending on how they are made. I haven't bought any new clothes since my surgery and my 10's are baggy so I am thinking i am at an 8. According to my doctor I have 7 pounds left to lose. According to me I have about 16. However, I don't expect these last pounds to drop quickly. More than anything I want to make healthy eating choices and resume my love of running and exercise.

When I started this whole journey my goal weight was 180. I wasn't confident that I could reach that. When I got under 200 I moved my goal weight to 150 and then 145. I want to start focusing more on how I look and feel than the number, but that darn number is still so important to me.

Sugar... like you, I started at a size 26/28 and am now a comfortable 18 in pants. I'm smaller on top, so I can wear a 16 or XL in some tops. I even can get into some XL or 16 bottoms, but those are cut larger. I carry most of my weight in my hips and legs. I have a fairly small waist compared to the rest of me, which I like. It's funny, we seem to have lots of similarities (like starting and current weight and age!), oh and I'm 5'-7".

I'm not really sure what my goal weight/size is. I've never been a normal size as an adult, so don't know what to expect. I'd like to get down to a size 12 if possible or even a 10, which seems really impossible to me, but who knows. Before I started running, I didn't think below 200 was possible, but I know now that it is. Without sounding like I'm giving up, I know that at this point any further weight loss is gravy! I've already achieved the health benefits I wanted. So the rest is just bonus! Which I'll take!

Hi ladies--I've read through your thread and I'm totally impressed with all you have accomplished! You're all amazing!

I started the C25k a few weeks ago--4-5 weeks I think. I did week 1 a few weeks in a row, then finished weeks 2 and 3. My feet hurt this week, so I'm trying to be careful that I don't injure myself and set things back.

I'm just under 240, so I'm still pretty heavy for a starting runner. I'm excited though, and you all are inspiring.

So far my favorite part of jogging is . . . stopping. LOL So intervals works well because I get to stop a lot.

Congrats on all your progress and races!