Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I'm almost 3 weeks post-op and I'm on a soft foods diet, but my doctor said I could eat just about anything (except the big no-no's) as long as I eat slow and chew well. I get my first fill on July 2nd, but as of now I can eat about 8 oz or 1 cup of food or drink at a time. Feeling mostly full, but not uncomfortably full. I was wondering if that's on track.

How much can/could the rest of you eat pre and post fill? About how much are you eating if you're at good restriction?

i was banded on 6/12 and I can eat almost but not quite 1/4 of a meal that you get like at Chilis. Once piece of pizza is all I can handle w/out the crust. I chew and chew and chew to make sure it will go down. So far the only thing that has really bothered me is broccoli. My problem is not so much feeling hungry as trying to get some calories in. My stomach is not hungry just my head.

Heeeeey YoungNY..Girl you are doing good! I just ate a 3/4's of a hamburger and a small fry. I have restriction sure but not so much that I can't eat. My doctor told me don't worry about losing yet, until my fill, and I don't get my first fill until July 19th :ohmy:! So I am so jealous of you!!! LOL! Don't worry after your first fill- your whole life will change! Keep us posted!

I think you are doing well also! I was banded on 6/17 and today especially I ate more than 1 cup of food at lunch and 2 hours later I am hungry. Not just the "mental" kind either. I get a fill on 7/9 and I know that will change everything, but I worry I can not keep up this tiny portions thing 2 more weeks.....

You can do it!!! I am over one year out, and find that I eat about 1/3 of what I used to eat at a mealtime, but have very limited snacking. I only snack if I really need it...then something small and healthy, and nothing after dinner....90 pounds lost so far. Also, don't forget to get out there and get moving....walking really helps get the weight off. Good luck!

My stomach is not hungry just my head.

This is the quote of the year, and sums up my whole bad attitude right now. Wish I could get past this.:blink:

i dont know about others, but i went back to my prescribed diet pills to control my eating. it is mental, but it is also a force of habit and taught behavior. in our family we were taught to "clean our plates". i get my band filled on 7/9 and i hope it will help me control my eating habits a little better. i have lost 30 pounds since my surgery on 3/17, but it's real hard. i am sticking to it good now but it is real rough in the beginning, but the results are wonderful. stay strong and be blessed!:blink::tongue2::crying:

Boy - can I realte to that! I feel full but I want to eat more because it's fun - it's like I've lost my hobby. I am a former smoker and I find I am craving cigarettes now like I haven't in a long time just because I want that oral stimulation I guess. Jodylou

Great question, thanks to all that answered! I was banded on the 10th and are on the everything I can mash with a fork stage. Well the last two days I can eat about 1 cup of food at each meal granted much less than prior but still was hoping for more restriction. I don't go back till July 30, he waits a good 6 weeks for the first fill (if even then) so I envy everyone getting filled sooner than 6 weeks.

Thanks again YoungNY for asking the question.

I just heard that the reall weight loss begins with the first fill. Any weight loss from surgery to fill is just a bonus. I am week 5 after surgery and my appitite is getting bigger. It's smaller that it was, but I was afraid I would gain weight because I was not eating like I was after surgery. I get the fill on the 9th of July. I am eager and excited. I am ready to loose more.

Boy - can I realte to that! I feel full but I want to eat more because it's fun - it's like I've lost my hobby. I am a former smoker and I find I am craving cigarettes now like I haven't in a long time just because I want that oral stimulation I guess. Jodylou

If you really need that oral stimulation, instead of eating or smoking why not try chewing gum. Or at the very least have one of those 10 calorie ice pops. They take longer to eat and gum could last for hours. I myself hate gum, something about the texture of it in my mouth, it just grosses me out. But for some it works.

Ok, I'll admit it Bandster hell is killing me. I binged for two days. On rice cakes no less. I think I ate about 3 bags in 2 days. Noted each time was only about 400-500 calories each, better than my 5000 before, but still I am so angry with myself.

thanks soooo much all of you for sharing i am at 4 weeks postop and feel like i could eat everything of course its my head that is hungry not my stomache. i get filled in 2 weeks and you all made me feel like i am in the right spot- especially when you validated that the real weight loss starts after the first fill. lost 12 lbs so far and not binging so have to pat myself on the back. thanks for the support.

I am so glad I am not the only one. I was freaking out cause I had the toppings of two (small ) pieces of pizza. One was veggies and other pepporoni. I didnt eat the bread just the toppings. I am 2 weeks post op and thought I had ruined myself. I was lucky have been able to go from liquids to mushies pretty easily. I do eat less when it is things like mashed potatoes or eggs. But veggie Soup goes down pretty easily.

I just heard that the reall weight loss begins with the first fill. Any weight loss from surgery to fill is just a bonus. .

I wish that would have been my case bc I got really discourage after my first fill. I lost 15 lbs within the first 2 weeks of surgery. I though GREAT this is going to be wonderfull... Then after my first fill I lost 3more lbs in 6weeks after my 2nd fill I lost a measly lb...now on my 3rd fill I am having GREAT restriction and lost 3lbs this week alone!! :blushing: