Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I thought I was alone on this one. I was banded on June 16, 2008 and I do not get my first fill until July 23rd. I have began to eat real food and still find I am not full. I am afraid to gain the weight back.

I thought I was going to go back to work a little thinner since my co-workers know I am getting this done. I know I need to remain positive but how now I am worried I will gain the few pounds I have lost. I thought this was going to be much easier.

Thanks for being out there,

Same boat as all of you. I had my surgery on 6/18 and am only a week out, but the mental hungry is killing me!! Not really, but I am getting angry with myself for doing this, thinking, I was happy before, eating is a part of our family, I enjoy eating!! Then, as the rest of the fam eats a yummy dee-lish dinner (that I made) and I am steaming in the living room, I say to myself that I was happy only eating, the result of all the eating was hell. So, I changed my attitude and blended up 5 sf orange ice pops and a vanilla shake. It wasn't amazing, but it worked.

Another ?, why are some people who had surgery around the same time as me on mushies?:blushing:? My Dr. said only Protein Shakes and sf Clear Liquids (not even Jello or pudding :hurray:) for another 2 weeks!! What gives? What has everyone else's Dr. told them?

Kristi (sorry it was so long)

omg! i thought the same thing! that is until weight loss came to an ubrupt halt. but since i been back on my diet pills until i get my fill, i've lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks. you got to exercise. i found out the hard way that if you dont move around, you will lose inches, but you skin will start to sag big time. get out there and move!!!

Well I sought out this forum to answer this exact question. I'm 4 weeks out from banding and do not receive my first fill until July 10th. And I'm both physically starving and emotionally starving. I lost 17 lbs. at my 2 week post op check up and was relieved that I held at that weight at my 4 week check up this week. I'm able to eat way more than 1 cup, at this point and I'm worried that I may have stretched out my stomach already.

My Dr. said that very often the first fill will not last very long so I'm not very optimistic about it today. Or that I'll not gain weight by the time I get the fill. Help! Have any one here stretched out their pouch before the first fill.