Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV - Must we be honest with strangers :0)

Do you put your real current weight on your drivers license?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you put your real current weight on your drivers license?

• I always give my current weight.
    • I fudge the number down a bit to something I can live with.
    • I may give a slightly different weight if I reasonably expect to reach that number in the near future.

I should be ashamed of this NSV but I am going to put it out there anyway :0) Please try not to be to shocked.

It is time to renew my license and I go next week. I was looking at it and saw that my weight on the license was 180. Well I am sure I was well over 200 when I got the license, so obviously I was not truthful when I got it the last time (probably could just not bear giving some bored, middle aged women peering at me over her glasses something I was ashamed to even admit to myself).

NSV - I weigh less in reality than the original fictional number on the license :0). What a hoot!!!

So now that I have to do this again next week and I am losing so well, how much should I say . . . ? What an interesting dilemma.

I just wonder how many of us who are overweight give the true number on our licenses. It is hard to do because you have to show it all over the place and it stays the same for years . . . .

I posted this as a response to an NSV thread in the Jan '08 group but wanted to put it out there in general support as well.

Edited by HeatherO

lol id say 150 lol or put your real weight the real weight will be inspiring :redface:

on my license when i turned 18 i put 330 LOL i was probably 380 then i think in 2010 when its time to get my new license at 25 ill prob put my real weight cause i should be down quite a bit by then I HOPE

I think what you should do is tell them your goal number and then carry your license in such a place that you have to see it every time you open your purse. That way it will be a constant motivator for you to get to your goal weight. Then as soon as you get to your goal weight get your hair done, put on a little make-up and go in and tell them you lost your license and need another one. The additional $7 or so for a new license will be the best money you ever spent.

Last time I got my license renewed I'd just lost a lot of weight and I wasn't thinking when they asked me what my weight was so I told them my old weight (which was significantly heavier than I was at the time). So my license actually has a weight about 10lbs more than I am right now.

I'm a ditz! I'm probably the only person who has ever lied and made themselves heavier than they actually are!

Heather, the last time I got mine renewed I had been on a downward trend and lost a bunch. The lady at the DMV noticed the number went down from the previous weight significantly and commented on it. She was very encouraging.

Unfortunately, the weight didn't stay off and I lost my license so I had to go back to get a new one. Even though she deals with a gazillion people a day, I was CONVINCED she would remember me and chastise me for not keeping the weight off.

Of course she didn't remember me from Eve, and she also didn't comment this time. I guess weight gain isn't something you get an 'atta girl' for...go figure. I was honest about the new number though and having to stick that damn license in my purse made me even more determined to do something positive for myself.

Funny, the little things that motivate us, or make us ashamed.

I've always lied. But I haven't had a new license in so long that I've hit the weight it says I am at least twice since I lied about it.

lol if i put my goal weight on my license people would be like IM SORRY BUT YOU DONT WEIGHT 170 lol HAHA me being at 406 lololol wow what a hoot that would be

I put 130 on mine when I turned 16. It still has 130 on it. I'm 230. LOL. I'll NOT change it. I've got a while before I renew them, and I'm anxious to see if I'm at my goal!

Heather, I just renewed my commercial drivers license Thursday. The first time I got one 19 years ago I put my weight of 210. Every time I renew I just say just leave it the same. This time I am having the band next month so I said just leave the same (even though after 19 years I am over 150 more than I was) because I am having the Lap Band and hopefully before four years are up it will be right. Well this time she looked at my physical that we have to provide to renew and put my current weight. So I am stuck for four years even though I am fixing to be banded. So you never know what will work anyway.

am just curious....but why is your weight on your licence in the first place? In the UK we are not asked for weight, not even height. If they pull you over are they gonna weight you or summin? lol lol

I'm in TX too, and they did ask me my weight last time (so they must have it in the system), but thank God it's not printed on the license.

I've never told the truth. When I got my first licence, it was on there, and I lied. Then wt came off the licence, went back on, and has since been removed again. everytime I had to list a weight, I said 100 pounds. I haven't weighed that since elementary school, but if I'm going to lie, it's gonna be obvious. I agree with whoever said it earlier, why does that need to be on there anyway? Most skinny people lie, too. My b-i-l ADDS 30 pounds, so it's not going to be right no matter what.