Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is the rudest thing someone has said to you?!?!

In middle school, I was the smart bookish band geek, and shy, so a total target. I was also in size 10's, which is big for a 7th grader, but I wasn't the biggest.

But the one kid, who was super tall and skinny (at the time anyway, now he's fat and bald), he would sing at me any time he got the chance, "I feel the earth move under my feet, I feel the sky come tumbling down". He did it all year, despite my attempts at comebacks, ignoring, telling on him.

Otherwise my mom is always a good source of outwardly polite, but actually quite nasty weight comments. That way when you call her on it she can look innocent and say, "What? I'm just trying to help!"

Wow . I am beyond shocked about all these rude comments ! I never had any but if I had I think my standard reply would have been " Yes, I struggle with my weight, but at least I don't struggle with being stupid or a rude a $$ hole !!!!!!!!"

Wow....I am amazed by the fact that so many mothers are so hard on their daughters. I could never say any of this stuff to my daughters or anyone else!

I was fit in my younger years. So through school and my 20s I didn't have many problems. After my second child I went down hill with my weight. Sept of 2014 I hit my highest of 250.

I can honestly say the thing that had bothered me the most was running into people that I haven't seen in a while....they all said the same thing before even talking to me..."wow"

I knew what they meant though.

Here's one that cut pretty deep...I was walking down the street and all of a sudden a pit bull lunged at me and started barking and trying to grab by hand. I said to the owner, you can't leave your dog unattended -he's going to hurt someone. The owner replied, "maybe he just doesn't like fat people"!

I have already posted in this one once, but Saturday I believe a lady topped anything that has ever been said to me, I went to my cousins wedding, and my aunt introduced me to her mother in law, I've never met this woman, my aunt says "This is Angel, remember I told you about her" the lady looks me up and down and says " I thought you said she was losing weight."

I have already posted in this one once, but Saturday I believe a lady topped anything that has ever been said to me, I went to my cousins wedding, and my aunt introduced me to her mother in law, I've never met this woman, my aunt says "This is Angel, remember I told you about her" the lady looks me up and down and says " I thought you said she was losing weight."

I am a hairstylist. I have told a few clients that I had surgery bc it doesn't bother me. One of my clients said "oh you're going to be so pretty your body is probably like oh thank god" I wanted to burn her with the curling Iron.< /p>

I want to cry reading these post. My family's favorite topic was weight growing up. I took over beating myself up after I left home. My baby sister starved her body to death. I held her as she was dying in the hospital. It's horrible what people say and do to eachother. Truly breaks my heart.

Angel you missed your chance.. You shoulda said I thought you said she was not ugly.

Oh Kitt I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine saying those kind of things to my daughter or granddaughters. My mother was never complimentary to me. She always said I was homely or my hair looked horrible or something. I do not think she was ever proud of me. I grew up with lots of self confidence issues and somehow I turned out to be a pretty good person. I was a mother and successful business owner and my daughter and granddaughters all are great kids but my mother never acknowledged anything good about me or my life. It still hurts today even though she has been gone for 16 years I was never able to get close to her even in her later years. I don't even think she realized how much she hurt me.

I guess we all have hurtful things happen we have to realize that our happiness is for ourselves and not for others.

I applaud everyone of you who are taking steps to become healthier and happier. I pray for peace for all.

One thing that happened to me in GRADE school ... The boys starting calling me "prego" because I had a little belly. I was in FIFTH grade. That tease followed me for years. They would say the tag line from Prego sauce, too - "it's all in there". It was mortifying and even when I lost a lot of weight in high school, I was always afraid of them bringing it up again.

Sad & im sorry that happened to you

Hey guys so this is a super late post but I want to share. So like 3 years back I was 275+ pounds had just had a little girl and wasn't too physically happy with myself. Ok so I was with my group of friends we were hanging out in my moms couch. I didn't live with my mom but I forgot why all my friends were there but I'll go on. So I'm sitting in my moms living room with 6 of my good friends were chit chatting having a great time laughing and drinking. Then my older sister comes and wants to hang out with us too. No biggie she gets in on the conversation then one of my friends starts talking about how she needs to lose weight before summer and everyone starts talking about their weight. I then say I know I need to start loosing weight and my sister chimes in and says yeah you do you've let your self go like really let go. One of my friends is being nice and says that I still look nice and then my sister once again incase anyone missed it says again No she looks fkn bad I would never let myself get like that! I couldn't believe she said that and in front of my friends. I immediately started fighting the urge to cry I didn't want anyone to see how much it hurt. My friend trying again to be nice tells me well your chunky cause you just had a baby but you still have a nice body. I didn't say anything to my sister I seriously thought I wouldn't be able to hold my tears. For some reason or another that is lodged in my heart. It's horrible how your family can be the ones who hurt you the most. ????